or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 86

post #1276 of 37428
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Folks, how do you "spoiler" images?

The black dialog box on the tool bar above where you write a post, 6th one after the drop down to change font size - just highlight the URL including the tags before and after it and click that.
post #1277 of 37428

post #1278 of 37428
Thread Starter 

1: Return

 

2: I know you have a lighter silver Hober that works well with white shirts but is too light for blue. That may be dark enough for a blue shirt, but could you do better? I think darker gray works best with a more matte finish. I'd return it and get something comparable from our fine Family Members.

 

3: Can't tell from the picture, but I'd return that for sure.

 

4: The suit is tough. I don't absolutely dislike the pattern, though I agree it does make it look a bit cheap (which I know it ain't). But the fit is off. And I don't think it's just the pounds you packed on while you visited. If you can return it, I would. Either size up or look for a suit in that color but a bit more plane. And for the love of god, stay away from anything that shines.

 

Thoughts to replace #2 (taken from family members you've not yet added to your collection:

 

Kent Wang

 

 

(though the microhoundstooth may be too light for a blue shirt)

 

Vanda

 

Howard Yount

Shibumi


Edited by Claghorn - 2/5/14 at 6:36am
post #1279 of 37428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

1: Return

 

2: I know you have a lighter silver Hober that works well with white shirts but is too light for blue. That may be dark enough for a blue shirt, but could you do better? I think darker gray works best with a more matte finish. I'd return it and get something comparable from our fine Family Members.

 

3: Can't tell from the picture, but I'd return that for sure.

 

4: The suit is tough. I don't absolutely dislike the pattern, though I agree it does make it look a bit cheap (which I know it ain't). But the fit is off. And I don't think it's just the pounds you packed on while you visited. If you can return it, I would. Either size up or look for a suit in that color but a bit more plane. And for the love of god, stay away from anything that shines.

1. Will return for Henry Carter brown pindot or Sam Hober's solid bungundy or hunter green grenadine.

2. Will return for Sam Hober's DARK grey grenadine.

3. Too old. Might be able to exchange or get store credit.

4. It's really maddening when you buy an Isaia at full retail and people say it doesn't fit well and that it loosk cheap, etc. I have no beef with anyone saying what they see so I gladly accept your opinions. I am going to try to return this, even if it requires me crying and getting on my knees. The shine comes from the fact that it is a super 160 or something.

 

I think all Noodles & Co. should stay the heck away from Needless Markup and shop at SF vendors...seriously.

post #1280 of 37428

YES! My Cappelli tie is on a delivery truck!

:bounce2:

post #1281 of 37428
Thread Starter 

As far as #1

 

post #1282 of 37428

I wish this thread existed before I made this $3k mistake. Sometimes I hate my Korean side that tends to zero in on brand names. Idiot.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1283 of 37428
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

I'd like to discuss a tie brand that is woefully underrated.

That tie brand is Holliday & Brown. I own an H&B and find the quality to be on par with Drakes ties. Made in England from amazing silks. Soft lining.

Here are a couple H&B's I found online today

@jungleroller, if you haven't gotten any burgundy neats yet, these might be good pickups


$_57.JPG
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLLIDAY-BROWN-100-silk-tie-86535-/350988616238?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item51b88d422e Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Another H&B in the fold, just want to thank everyone in this thread for not bidding on said tie, got it for $15 nod[1].gif I was kind of scared that there would be a bidding war when jrd posted the link to the auction (I had already placed my bid then). Lucky that red/burgundy ties don't get a lot of love around here..... fing02[1].gif
post #1284 of 37428
Thread Starter 

You would have had that been a bit narrower. As I'm not as tall as you, that tie is a bit too wide for me.

post #1285 of 37428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

You would have had that been a bit narrower. As I'm not as tall as you, that tie is a bit too wide for me.

I'm not complaining, I like my ties closer to 4" than 3" anyway smile.gif. 3" just looks ridiculous on me, which I am so sad that Drake's (and many other makers) do most of their ties in 8cm only
post #1286 of 37428

That PoW shubimi tie looks exquisite! 

 

Noodles, where's the action shot wearing the Wu tie? You can let down the Wu Tie Clan. 

post #1287 of 37428

I have a lot of love for burgundy, and that is an absolute beauty.  What I don't have is a functioning Paypal account so eBay kopping is generally off limits for now. Congrats Pingson. :)

post #1288 of 37428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

[...] "As it was, someone could have clicked in wondering what a Noodle tie was [...]

 

Indeed.

 

http://www.zazzle.com/ramen_noodle_tie-151042494405516983

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #1289 of 37428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
 

That PoW shubimi tie looks exquisite! 

 

Noodles, where's the action shot wearing the Wu tie? You can let down the Wu Tie Clan. 

Very soon. The weather is just too dang cold and rainy. But you shall see the Wu tie and the Cappelli very soon. :fonz:

post #1290 of 37428

Wearing jacket, tie and jeans. Controversial get-up. Shall I post a pic here to get feedback, thoughts? Or WAYWRN?

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)