or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 850

post #12736 of 37396
@The Noodles, you want to buy the boring stuff first so that you have it when you need it and can then buy things that are a bit more fun once you have a well rounded wardrobe. As others have said, a bunch of one off pieces you happened to like does not a complete wardrobe make. JRD has good advice about buying a tape measure so that you can actually compare different garments in a more scientific manner. Glad you're finally posting fit pictures with shirts that are tucked in, though.

Also, before you buy various fun sport coats, do you own a basic navy blazer?
post #12737 of 37396

No. I own no SC. LOL

post #12738 of 37396

Do you own a navy blazer?

post #12739 of 37396

nope.

post #12740 of 37396

Thanks to all those who chimed in. I greatly appreciate it. :slayer: 


Edited by The Noodles - 10/3/14 at 11:44am
post #12741 of 37396

Is there a relatively easy way to make PS' from old ties? I found a couple of old madder ties recently that I wouldn't wear as ties, but the patterns would lend themselves pretty well to PS' as would the color!

 

Edit: Found this: https://www.samhober.com/howtomakeapocketsquare/howtomakeapocketsquare.htm

I wonder if I'll have enough fabric in a tie?

post #12742 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Is there a relatively easy way to make PS' from old ties? I found a couple of old madder ties recently that I wouldn't wear as ties, but the patterns would lend themselves pretty well to PS' as would the color!

 

Edit: Found this: https://www.samhober.com/howtomakeapocketsquare/howtomakeapocketsquare.htm

I wonder if I'll have enough fabric in a tie?

 

Probably not.

post #12743 of 37396

How gauche would it be to cut the big blade of the tie and stitch that up to just insert into the pocket haha. 

post #12744 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

How gauche would it be to cut the big blade of the tie and stitch that up to just insert into the pocket haha. 

 

I'm all for making things and being inventive, but you need at least a square of 12" x12", preferably 16" x 16" for it to stay up in your pocket. Measure it and see if you have enough material. If you don't, you're better off selling or donating them than cutting them up.

post #12745 of 37396

Maybe if you found a seven-fold to butcher!

post #12746 of 37396

I'd just sell it if I had one of those!

post #12747 of 37396
Kopped (Click to show)
LL

Thanks again to the secret council of Noodlists for all the feedback. 

I believe this is a good trade because anything is better than a black suit that's been hanging in my office collecting dust. 

I will need to work on the roll to 2 to create 3r2.

Thanks again, y'all.

 

RL Blue Label 40R suit. Cornelininineii

95wool/5cash

post #12748 of 37396

Interesting. I like the idea of your doing pinstripes for CBD!

post #12749 of 37396
Too bad it aint navy...bummer
post #12750 of 37396
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Kopped (Click to show)
LL
Thanks again to the secret council of Noodlists for all the feedback. 
I believe this is a good trade because anything is better than a black suit that's been hanging in my office collecting dust. 
I will need to work on the roll to 2 to create 3r2.
Thanks again, y'all.

RL Blue Label 40R suit. Cornelininineii
95wool/5cash

Doodals, I look forward to the first pic in that.

Well played sir!

BTW, your fixation on blue (shared here dear heart) should be spent on the tie you wear here.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)