or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 818

post #12256 of 37403
Quote:
 The late 90's into the early to mid 2000's were the peak of it all - and as an aside, nothing in baseball for me will ever top seeing Pedro pitch in his prime. What he did in '99 and '00 is way better than what Kershaw did this year, and that is taking nothing away from Kershaw's talent.

 

For starters Pedro pitched to DHs who were, you know, paid to be hitters, instead of say Bartolo Colon and friends. Pedro also pitched during an era in which hitters were juicing like it was going out of style. What he did was far more impressive than Kershaw, and this is coming from a tortured Jays fan (although I liked the Expos and got to see him there). 

post #12257 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post


Central: Brick and mortar, really awesome moroccan place I forgot the name of , green street grille, central kitchen, etc.

Are you thinking of Oleana near Inman?

I am always tempted by the mr and mrs Bartleys when I am at Harvard.
post #12258 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Are you thinking of Oleana near Inman?

I am always tempted by the mr and mrs Bartleys when I am at Harvard.

Nope it's a place on pearl street in central. Bartleys is good too though!

It's called baraka cafe.
Edited by ridethecliche - 9/24/14 at 8:02am
post #12259 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

The Redskins have let me down for the last 20 years...

I think I am their most pessimistic fan...and I seriously question every season why I remain a fan...except that I have always been one...

But they definitely have a very passionate fan base...which is why they have the second largest revenue of any team in the NFL...behind Dallas.

And also, because this needs to be said...Dan Schneider, the owner the of the Redskins, is a bastard and a terrible owner. He should be ashamed.

The most aggravating aspect of the last 20 years is that the Redskins are rarely terrible (last season notwithstanding). They're just good enough to give their fans hope before coming up short in the most agonizing of ways. Interesting fact: The Redskins beat three out of the last four Super Bowl champions during the regular season in which that team won the Super Bowl (Ravens, Giants x2, and Packers) and came within a botched chip-shot field goal of doing the same to the Saints.
post #12260 of 37403

^ With all due respect, we Bills fans have it far worse. We've beaten contenders to start every season, usually starting 3-0 only to finish 6-10. Haven't even sniffed the playoffs in 15 years. To add insult to injury try living in the Buffalo/Niagara region (no longer there thankfully..).

post #12261 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by akoustas View Post

^ With all due respect, we Bills fans have it far worse. We've beaten contenders to start every season, usually starting 3-0 only to finish 6-10. Haven't even sniffed the playoffs in 15 years. To add insult to injury try living in the Buffalo/Niagara region (no longer there thankfully..).


 



I can't even imagine the agony of being good enough to get to three consecutive Superbowls, but not good enough to win even one. My Cowboys have been stuck in perpetual mediocrity for a loooong time. But I think I would prefer this to losing three Superbowls. Not sure, but I think so. Bills fans have my sympathy.
post #12262 of 37403

In retrospect: I should have known better at that point (even if I was 8).

post #12263 of 37403

Clothing related questions. I know light blue shirts are the preference for SF, but I've been scouring ebay to find a couple of nice spread collar shirts for interviews and found some CT ones for a reasonable price.


Some of the shirts are white or have light blue or blue stripes (bankers stripes?). I know white is fine for interviews and such, but are stripes okay or just too busy?

post #12264 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoustas View Post

^ With all due respect, we Bills fans have it far worse. We've beaten contenders to start every season, usually starting 3-0 only to finish 6-10. Haven't even sniffed the playoffs in 15 years. To add insult to injury try living in the Buffalo/Niagara region (no longer there thankfully..).


 



I can't even imagine the agony of being good enough to get to three consecutive Superbowls, but not good enough to win even one.

Technically four consecutive Superbowls. And yeah, this is why I can't bring myself to dislike the Bills even though they are in my team's division.
post #12265 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Clothing related questions. I know light blue shirts are the preference for SF, but I've been scouring ebay to find a couple of nice spread collar shirts for interviews and found some CT ones for a reasonable price.


Some of the shirts are white or have light blue or blue stripes (bankers stripes?). I know white is fine for interviews and such, but are stripes okay or just too busy?

I'd say to stick to white shirts for interviews when in doubt. Light blue shirts are popular on here because they go better with most odd jackets and are also fine with a suit in most cases. Light blue and white striped shirts are a reasonably conservative pattern, but I think white is safer.
post #12266 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post


I'd say to stick to white shirts for interviews when in doubt. Light blue shirts are popular on here because they go better with most odd jackets and are also fine with a suit in most cases. Light blue and white striped shirts are a reasonably conservative pattern, but I think white is safer.

 

Light blue stripe one on the left:

 

post #12267 of 37403
^ I like that shirt and have something similar. It's perfectly fine and conservative and most likely will not raise any eyebrows (especially considering how most people dress for school admission interviews). I personally tend to go as conservative as possible for interviews, however, hence the white shirt.
post #12268 of 37403
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Light blue stripe one on the left:



nice choice RTC nod[1].gif
post #12269 of 37403

I have both of those RTC and the one on the left is very conservative.  The one on the right is a little more bold.  Like others have said, I would probably wear a white shirt to an interview, though.

post #12270 of 37403

I currently have one white and one light blue shirt that will work. I'm planning on starting to build up with a few basic shirts in case something gets destroyed. I honestly want a back up suit as well since I'm a bit of a planner for these things and it would suck to have a stain or something between interviews with no recourse. 

 

Thanks! I'll try picking up a few. I need a few decent shirts anyway for when I play dress up. If I pick up a few staples and then build up over time that'll be way easier since I"ll have things should I 'need' them.


I'm giving a talk at a conference in a couple of weeks in TX. I think an sc and tie is appropriate there so I just want to cover my bases. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)