Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:10 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 816post #12226 of 376619/23/14 at 10:49ampost #12227 of 376619/23/14 at 10:53ampost #12228 of 376619/23/14 at 10:56ampost #12229 of 376619/23/14 at 11:04ampost #12230 of 376619/23/14 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
When was the last time you were here, because I can tell you that as someone in their mid 20's, I have an absolute fucking blast in harvard, central, davis, and union squares. They're all in cambridge/somerville.
Harvard has: Park, russell house, alden and harlow, the beat hotel, grendel's den (divey), charlies (divey), hong kong (divey) and a few cool music venues.
Central: Brick and mortar, a really awesome moroccan place I forgot the name of, green street grille, central kitchen, etc.
Davis: Saloon, the painted burro, the foundry, five horses, etc.
These are all places with good food and better drink.
Central does have homeless people, but most cities do. I saw tons in NYC and Philly.
Last time was about 2 years ago. The amount of homeless people back then was insane. The absolute amount is of course less than NYC, but it's so concentrated. I think there were like 10 or 20 in front of the CVS, all yelling and shouting if you didn't have any spare change. It gets quite annoying if you walk by there every day, there's only so much money/food you can give. There were regular emails about (sexual) assault and theft as well.
I'm not a big fan of dive bars, so that might be why I didn't like it as much. Didn't like the rules about no drinking in the courtyard of the dorms either, but I guess the US isn't as liberal as the UK. Anyways, when I went out I mainly went to Boston, and during the weekends I took the bus to NYC for $15. Both are lovely cities, and much more fun!post #12231 of 376619/23/14 at 11:13amQuote:
Safe, yes (most likely). She will also get a lot of crap from people. Boston has one of the more obnoxious fan bases in the US, so I think sending her out with a Yankees jersey is a really dumb idea (though I also suspect you are joking about this).post #12232 of 376619/23/14 at 11:20amQuote:
I used to live on Salem and Prince in the north end and modern is way betterQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
It's Groundhog's Day!
I need some places to visit and eat with wife.
Wednesday - (after 5 pm)
Thursday - (after 5 pm)
Friday - (after 5 pm)
Saturday - (all day)
Places to eat:
James Hook & Co
Deuxave - seems too fancy place for us
Atlantic Fish Company
Places to visit:
Harvard (not me. I am too dumb to even visit)
Check out Neptune in the north end. It's a bit of a novelty but I like the butcher shop in the south end too (and that's the best food neighborhood anyways)Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
I wouldn't spend more than an hour in Cambridge/Harvard. I don't think tourists can enter nice buildings such as the library, and the town itself is pretty shitty. Some university buildings look ok on the outside, but I don't get why there are always so many tourists.
I've never liked Harvard square bars but most of the rest of Cambridge is great. Was your semester there in the spring? Only experiencing boston between January and early May could turn anyone off the place.post #12233 of 376619/23/14 at 11:23amQuote:
Yes, it would be a cruel joke. If she misbehaves, I just might do it.post #12234 of 376619/23/14 at 11:26ampost #12235 of 376619/23/14 at 11:45ampost #12236 of 376619/23/14 at 11:54amQuote:
Myers and Chang is fun & pretty good. Coppa is better, also in South End. Toro ( again in S End, run by same guys as Coppa) is also fun, a bit boisterous, and serves some tasty, reasonably authentic tapas. Good luck getting a table though--don't think they take rez. and super busy.post #12237 of 376619/23/14 at 12:17pmpost #12238 of 376619/23/14 at 12:28pmpost #12239 of 376619/23/14 at 1:43pm
Would you cut the leg opening wider on an american suit ala bbgf or the sorts? I got mine back from the tailor and it looked pretty good, but the opening was 8.5. I think I could go slimmer, but I don't think those suits are supposed to give one a super slim silhouette at all.
I'll try taking a picture and posting on here over the next few days. I need to ask one of my housemates to take one for me haha.
Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
@ridethecliche, superb tie kops!
Thanks d00d. I grabbed the one all the way on the left from gmmcl I believe. Haven't worn it yet. Need to figure out how to since I'm new to the dots.post #12240 of 376619/23/14 at 2:36pmQuote:
That hasn't been true for a at least a few years, and both teams were pretty shitty this year anyways so it's a total non-issue.
The early to mid 2000's were the height of the Yankees Suck mentality and chant. It's been dead for a while. Once the Red Sox won a couple World Series the whine and cheese crowd attended more games and even more corporations bought up season tickets.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 7 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Opinion 38 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 54 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...