If I had to choose, I'd go for the blue stripes on the left of image 2.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 796post #11926 of 374979/18/14 at 8:29ampost #11927 of 374979/18/14 at 8:31amQuote:
LOL - I just thut Mr.Field took them off!
I just got off the phone and the pants will be ready this Saturday BUT the jackets need shortening yet again. I am not sure why but it seems like it wasn't shortened or only one side was done or it may be attributable to my 10lbs weight loss.post #11928 of 374979/18/14 at 8:34amQuote:
I don't think I'd consider a single one soporific, which is what I default to for interviews. But that's also probably a combination of industry and personal preference. You're in medical school, yes?
Maybe (maybe) #4 far rightpost #11929 of 374979/18/14 at 8:37ampost #11930 of 374979/18/14 at 8:37amQuote:
Hmmm...if someone came in with a bold tie to an interview, I would assume that he is somewhat confident and would interview him further to confirm this. I hate flashy dressers and they're usually bad candidates. One thing that I cannot stand is a loose tie knot. My experience has been that they are not sharp in their work. Yes, these sound like just terrible generalizations but 'tis has been my experience.
In other news, I gave a pop quiz of sort to a candidate yesterday and the candidate started going into panic mode because he/she was did not know where to even begin. To me, that's a sign that the person will crack under a stressful situation.post #11931 of 374979/18/14 at 8:37ampost #11932 of 374979/18/14 at 8:38amQuote:We've been waiting for this suit forever.Originally Posted by The Noodles
LOL - I just thut Mr.Field took them off!
I just got off the phone and the pants will be ready this Saturday BUT the jackets need shortening yet again. I am not sure why but it seems like it wasn't shortened or only one side was done or it may be attributable to my 10lbs weight loss.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #11933 of 374979/18/14 at 8:42ampost #11934 of 374979/18/14 at 8:49am
I'll amend the post, but I'm going to be interviewing for medical school starting this fall/winter for entry next fall. I only have one so far (in feb), but should get a few more over the next month or two hopefully!post #11935 of 374979/18/14 at 8:54amQuote:
We, the Noodlers, wish you best of luck!post #11936 of 374979/18/14 at 9:03ampost #11937 of 374979/18/14 at 9:29amQuote:
Yeah I like that one. I think it has a small pull on it, but it would be covered by the jacket and not visible with the jacket open.
If I had to pick, I'd go with that one or:
-Pic 1 solid burgundy
-Pic 2 left navy with light blue stripe repp. I like the light blue/yellow repp as well, but I think that'd be too close to the shirt color, but it might work well with a white shirt.
-Pic 3 red knit neat (but it's red so no)
-pic 4 I like 1 (navy repp) and 4 (blue/purple with a small pattern).post #11938 of 374979/18/14 at 9:33amQuote:
Denote ties as P.n where P is the picture and n is its position as numbered from left to right. Then:
1) Avoid 2.1 and 4.3 unless you've attended either American University or UNC Chapel Hill. If you have attended either of these, then negate the first sentence and weight them highly.
2) 2.2 and 4.1 are both English style reppe stripes. Take point 1, but make it about being English and pertaining to whatever those repps may represent.
3) I have grown to a hatred of small, densely printed geometrics.
4) I simply dislike 2.3, 3.1, and 3.2.
5) 1.2 basically requires that you wear a white shirt, at which time you will look like a politician, regardless of whether the tie is red or burgundy.post #11939 of 374979/18/14 at 9:42amRTC
Image 1 - Do not like any.
Image 2 - Far left stripe ok for interview, far right ok to own, but am not enamored with either.
Image 3 - Same as image 2 with the exception that I dont hate the middle tie as much as I do the one in image 2.
Image 4 - Second from left is the only one I dont hate and its ok for an interview.
Sorry to be so hateful, but I think its a pretty weak selection as far as nice ties go. Thankfully, you are in the right place to change that, if you so desire. I know that your personal tastes are often not inline with mine, and also often not really in line with what most SFers like, so if you love those tie, thats your call, but imo, and in what I would think would be most SFers opinions, and if you want to improve by those standards, Id pretty much start fresh if I was you.post #11940 of 374979/18/14 at 10:03am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Cloak (2003-2007): Sans Peur Et Sans Reproche 2 minutes ago
- › Alden 2210 cordovan. US8.5, brand new. 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 22 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...