or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 778

post #11656 of 37408
This thread is always amusing! Its part of its charm.
post #11657 of 37408
Thread Starter 

@Isolation is about to have a picnic attack and nobody is soothing him? Iso, it'll be OK. You've a long life ahead of you, and an expensive mistake is one not repeated.

 

----

 

Alright. I am submitting five ties for Noodles. I would be pleased if he chose one.

 

A brown neat, either from Vanda or Henry Carter (and Noodles, you should get the Henry Carter, though both are excellent people to buy from)

http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/490-brown-blue-flowers.html

http://www.henrycarter.com.au/product/brown-macclesfield-floral-neat/

 

If I wore suits more often I'd be all over this gray number from Vanda

http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/486-grey-slubs.html

 

This guy, because light weight wool ties are great.

http://www.pantaclothing.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=wool1

 

More brown. Could probably be worn with gray just as easily as with navy

https://www.samhober.com/oxford-weave-silk-ties-en/bitter-chocolate-oxford-silk-tie-9.html

 

And because apparently I'm on a wool kick

http://www.mountainandsackett.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5614&idcategory=32

post #11658 of 37408

Haha I was waiting for Clags to come in here with a tie bomb

post #11659 of 37408
3,1,4,2,5
post #11660 of 37408
post #11661 of 37408

I don't like that hober brown. It'd be nicer in a looser weave gren.

post #11662 of 37408

3, 5, 2,1,4

post #11663 of 37408

I'm a 1, 3, 2, 4, 5.

 

If you already have a brown grenadine...that hober brown may be too similar.

 

 

I've been eyeing some of the Drake's selection for the Autumn/Winter - particular the solid cashmere's, donegal's, and herringbones.

post #11664 of 37408
Thanks @claghorn and welcome back.
I have the wine version of the 1st Vanda and the rest are...meh. I have too many browns. I am done with browns and grays for now.

Thanks to you too @EFV for that site. I like the fact that they have 7 folds but...3.1 inches wide? I will keep on looking.

It's purty amusing that I now have just one or two navy ties left as opposed to like 10 navy ties that were nice and shiny.
post #11665 of 37408
Thread Starter 

Alright. So what sort of ties/colors are you looking for and what are you imagining yourself wearing them with?

post #11666 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

HELP ME WITH MY MONEY BURNING BESPOKE MISADVENTURES PLEASE
Your jackets looks like they'll come out well but unfortunately your pants need to be re-done entirely. Avoid the pencil look, it doesn't look good on you. As for your partner, lordosis needs to be considered. It comes with the anatomy (not a doctor), but any ways, the patterned jacket looks bad at the back and they need to let out fabric from the center seam and probably lift the jacket to correct for a long back balance. Despos wrote something to that effect somewhere in the tailors feedback thread.

Good luck
post #11667 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Thanks @claghorn and welcome back.
I have the wine version of the 1st Vanda and the rest are...meh. I have too many browns. I am done with browns and grays for now.

Thanks to you too @EFV for that site. I like the fact that they have 7 folds but...3.1 inches wide? I will keep on looking.

It's purty amusing that I now have just one or two navy ties left as opposed to like 10 navy ties that were nice and shiny.



As if. The grey one is the best in the bunch.

post #11668 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

blah blah blah

 

Group. Shot.

 

Then we will choose.

post #11669 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post


Your jackets looks like they'll come out well but unfortunately your pants need to be re-done entirely. Avoid the pencil look, it doesn't look good on you. As for your partner, lordosis needs to be considered. It comes with the anatomy (not a doctor), but any ways, the patterned jacket looks bad at the back and they need to let out fabric from the center seam and probably lift the jacket to correct for a long back balance. Despos wrote something to that effect somewhere in the tailors feedback thread.

Good luck

 

Thanks. We went by the tailor again and tried, I think we just had overly erect stance because we tried to stand more naturally and there are no wrinkles. I guess we're just used to standing erect when we're told to stand straight, that kinda thing. Trousers hopefully will be fine. Apparently I shouldn't have been doing squats.

post #11670 of 37408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Alright. So what sort of ties/colors are you looking for and what are you imagining yourself wearing them with?

I browsed all the well known websites but was only able to find these 2 Sam Hobers that I would actually pay for. I think my taste for ties has been really conservative. 

Dark Red & White On Midnight Blue Grenadine Fina Stripe Silk Tie #4

Dark Red Grenadine Fina Silk Tie #2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)