or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 769

post #11521 of 37392
Ok #4 it is! Order placed.

Thanks a lot guys.

@Monkeyface I have almost the same spec with little waist suppression, swelled edges, wider sleeves (just realized i need bigger sleeves) and 4.25 inch lapel with moderately high gorge.
post #11522 of 37392
post #11523 of 37392

All jokes aside @in stitches, I'm wearing a pair of AE Daltons right now and I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell them.

I've worn other boots and shoes that look so much more refined and clunky than these do to the point where I feel like I probably won't enjoy these very much for having them.

However, the eagle county boots look really good, not just for AE, but in general. Some of the MTO's on the SF thread were really gorgeous. The last is one of their sleekest, most euro looking lasts, and will make for a good boot. Now to polish off and sell my daltons...

post #11524 of 37392
Noodles', I just figured out who you are...
post #11525 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by vida View Post

Noodles', I just figured out who you are...

Stalker alert!
post #11526 of 37392

Long time lurker, first time poster, here.

 

Looking at this SuitSupply 3-piece and wondering whether the jacket would work as an SC, too? Any opinions...

 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_NZ/suits/lazio-light-grey-check/P3802.html?start=11&cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

post #11527 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post
 


No. Live tweet fashion trends you see on campus. Gogogo.


Alas, not much to speak of, at least among male students and profs...you'll have to imagine the rest :satisfied:

post #11528 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by vida View Post

Noodles', I just figured out who you are...
Uh...I dont think I ever made it into a puzzle.
biggrin.gif

Cr@p, I forgot to pick up my Formosa...
post #11529 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanFH View Post

Long time lurker, first time poster, here.

Looking at this SuitSupply 3-piece and wondering whether the jacket would work as an SC, too? Any opinions...

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_NZ/suits/lazio-light-grey-check/P3802.html?start=11&cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

No. It's a grey worsted wool jacket and the pattern screams suit to me. There are very few suits where the jacket works well as a separate outside of more casual things like linen or seersucker.
post #11530 of 37392
+1 on the above.
I too havr observed that trying to make a suit jacket into a sc usually fails. It appears SFers can easily spot an orphaned suit jacket.
post #11531 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Cr@p, I forgot to pick up my Formosa...

 

:eek: How is that possible?!

post #11532 of 37392


post #11533 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post


No. It's a grey worsted wool jacket and the pattern screams suit to me. There are very few suits where the jacket works well as a separate outside of more casual things like linen or seersucker.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

+1 on the above.
I too havr observed that trying to make a suit jacket into a sc usually fails. It appears SFers can easily spot an orphaned suit jacket.

 

 

Kind of what I feared at the back of my mind. Probably hold off on this altogether as I need sc's more than I need a full suit. Cheers, guys.

post #11534 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

eek.gif How is that possible?!
Traditional Korean Holiday to celebrate the annual harvest...hmmm...but I am here in the States...interesting.
post #11535 of 37392

The man who works in my office told me that if get straight A's the entire school year, he'll buy me a suit. :bigstar:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)