Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 752post #11266 of 374979/2/14 at 1:01pmpost #11267 of 374979/2/14 at 1:11pmpost #11268 of 374979/2/14 at 1:17pmpost #11269 of 374979/2/14 at 1:21pmpost #11270 of 374979/2/14 at 2:00pmpost #11271 of 374979/2/14 at 3:04pmpost #11272 of 374979/2/14 at 9:17pmpost #11273 of 374979/2/14 at 10:12pmpost #11274 of 374979/2/14 at 10:27pm
Can anyone in the DC/Baltimore metro area recommend a good dry cleaner? I've never needed a suit cleaned before and am looking for somewhere to take a LB Sartoriale I picked up off B&S. Is Parkway in Bethesda the best option?post #11275 of 374979/3/14 at 12:29ampost #11276 of 374979/3/14 at 3:12am
Anyway, photo goodness again! Advice and comments greatly appreciated.
First my Dream Bespoke, Gray Glen Plaid 3 piece. Next fitting should be final-ish so would like any problems addressed if you see any.
Changes: calves let out, elbow area let out slightly, not sure if to add more roping, said no, gorge going to be lowered slightly. Also they said they'd tried to address the drop on the right side but if they overdo it the checks won't match well so they did a compromise and this is why there is still some fabric loose.
Dream Burgundy Double Breasted Jacket, first fittingDream Burgundy DB Jacket (Click to show)
Changes: Asked to have lapel widened (see the left side/stage right), button stance widened also and slightly lowered to where the chalk marks are to allow more gorge. They will let out the fabric so there's more overlap fabric, and again to allow for wide button stance. Will ask for more roping for this one (than the previous jacket).
Dream Fox Tweed SC for my partner
Changes: not sure about button stance, think they have long legs so even though in these pictures it looks like a low gorge it might look better this way, will take better picture next time. They are also worried that the sleeve width, while looks good on their own, might make their hands/wrist look way too small, but we said for now we'll keep it as it is, thoughts? To not they don't want it to look like a woman's jacket (which unfortunately is exactly what happened with the other tailor), so for purposes of comments treat this as a men's jacket please.
Moda Republic Olive Moleskin Suit (mine)
Changes: They haven't sorted the cuffs yet, I do think moleskin is probably a more difficult material to work with, but I am less happy with the fit. I did ask for quite a slim waist but this needs to be let out, so we'll see for next fitting. Trousers will also be shortened (as pinned on left leg). I really like the fabric though, really comfy and warm (too warm here, but you know). They will be fixing the shoulder as well.
Moda Olive MoleskinModa Olive Moleskin (Click to show)
Changes: Asked them to lengthen the jacket as much as possible. I did specify to have them use a men's tailor/styling but I guess there's some communication problems because I overheard/heard the tailor mention when I asked for some changes that it "won't be like a women's suit anymore" even though we said from the start we don't want a feminine styling, because let's be honest when people mean women's styling they basically mean destroy-all-the-clean-lines-and strong-silhouette-to-make-hips-butt-and-boobs-bigger. Anyway they don't have much fabric for that so it's a bit worrying, but they will make jacket longer where possible and let waist out slightly so the skirt doesn't flare out. Right now I think it doesn't look great because the hips clearly look wider than the shoulders. I know SF likes open quarters but I think in my partner's case it need not be so extreme.
Also I asked for the trousers the thigh needs to bet let out more because it's hugging the flesh as opposed to having a clean line down, which I guess is hard with the material anyway, but it again accentuates the hips too much. The pocket seems to flare out even when standing straight, I have no idea how to fix that. Please advise? Sorry about the photos, it doesn't show what I mean too well.
Overall not too happy with the fit/styling as I did specify a few times about not having it too feminine, but the shoulders look okay, and I think that's the important part as the rest can mostly be changed. I wonder if the button stance can be moved up to make the jacket less short for the next jacket. I guess it's too late for the button stance, but I can change it for future jackets. Do you think perhaps a 3 or 3r2.5 jacket would be better for them maybe? Seems like the gorge is a bit too low, but I wanted it to make the torso/chest look bigger as their legs are quite long. Perhaps no change is necessary if the jacket is made longer.
Sorry for the long post, thanks for looking.post #11277 of 374979/3/14 at 3:14ampost #11278 of 374979/3/14 at 3:35amIronist, that looks terrible for bespoke. So many wrinkles everywhere. The trousers are way too tight, the fabric can't even drape cleanly, causing them to stack like jeans. The sleeve pitch is off, but that can be fixed. The way they correct for your dropped shoulder seems odd as well. I've seen bespoke on people with dropped shoulders, and a good tailor is usually able to hide it quite well. I think this tailor makes it more obvious. I hope you're not paying too much for it. I'm not saying bespoke should be flawless, but I wouldn't be satisfied with this. I think it's time to find a new tailor.post #11279 of 374979/3/14 at 3:48ampost #11280 of 374979/3/14 at 4:40am
Well that's unfortunate, I was quite happy with it, and for what it's worth it's not that expensive. Can you be more specific where the problems are, with which piece and where? I'm still hoping for substantial changes with the db blazer. Like I said the tailor (I assume you mean the glen plaid) is going to widen the trousers more at the calves (+ the right thigh) and he reckons that's what's causing most of the bunching. I'm not too happy right now with the moleskin either, but I don't know how much of it is down to the fabric. Also I forgot to mention but the tailor already noted the sleeve pitch and will be fixing it.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Jacket from Drive 16 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 26 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Double breasted 6x2 double breasted suit in 50R EU 31 minutes ago
- › Size 15 1/2 red checkered Fray barrel cuff 31 minutes ago
- › Navy Hickey Freeman Horsey Jacket 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...