Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 720post #10786 of 376678/22/14 at 1:11pmpost #10787 of 376678/22/14 at 1:32pmQuote:
And right after this comment a coworker walked in asking if I thought her baby was cute (she brought him in for a little bit yesterday).
I chased him around the clinic since it was deserted. That kid is hilarious!post #10788 of 376678/22/14 at 1:37pmpost #10789 of 376678/22/14 at 2:05pmpost #10790 of 376678/22/14 at 2:43pmpost #10791 of 376678/22/14 at 3:17pmpost #10792 of 376678/22/14 at 3:42pmpost #10793 of 376678/22/14 at 4:00pm
Nice. Just put on Happy up Here//Junior; thanks for the suggestion. Very upbeat stuff for a downer guy. Have fun, mang. Edit: Listening, I'm reminded how much I like the Karin Andersson song, obviously a bit darker tho. Oh yeah, there's two.
Btw, has this evolved into Noodles' Good Natured Parenting Advice Thread? Ughh
Edited by AJL - 8/22/14 at 4:13pmpost #10794 of 376678/22/14 at 4:43pm
I went to see them in New York once several years ago, having driven all the way from Philly, only to discover that they were going onstage hours later than I'd thought. I had a plane to catch very early the next day, and had to turn right back around and go home. One of the more ridiculous and disappointing moments of my life.post #10795 of 376678/22/14 at 4:46pm
Also, to all you fathers here with sons, I'm cureious: how many of you have strong feelings about passing on your sartorial passions to your offspring? I can say with certainty that I would not be here (on this forum) were it not for my own father's obsession with clothing, something I share with him to this day.post #10796 of 376678/22/14 at 5:14pm
By the way, I believe you have mentioned your want to build your wardrobe from scratch. What are you trying to get? Do you have a wish list?
Yeah I do but I'm just about to get a bunch of stuff which I'll post here as they are in progress so you can see, but I'm going to decide what to get after I have a feel of it.
While I actually agree/appreciate your taste/style (I think I'd try to dress much the same if I worked in a similar enviroment), I dress for such a different circumstance I'd get different things. I think I'm leaning towards way fewer suits and more odd pieces. Of note I am getting a whole bunch of different odd trousers this trip which makes more sense as people around me don't wear ties very much. I'm getting a light blue + light brown linen on top of the tan + brown I have, brown corduroy, fawn and olive moleskin, cream (for blazers especially), french blue, and forest green wool trousers, and mid gray flannels. idk it might sound weird but I've mulled through it a lot and I feel like it gives my wardrobe the most versatility due to where I go (a mix of london and cambridge/countryside). After that I am getting mostly blazers/SCs aside from my PoW suits which will probably fill my suit needs for a while.
I'm probably one of the younger members on the board, I'm 25, though I feel quite old already. I mean, I round up to 30, that's like no longer a kid. +1 to whoever said we sill act like kids so it's like having kids.
Probably won't have children, as my partner doesn't want to (feels strongly against pregnancy as well), but even personally I don't feel at this point I'm necessarily responsible enough to take care of it. I feel like bringing children up is a huge responsibility and seeing awful parenting everywhere makes me feel more and more strongly about it, and I have a lot of respect for parents who do commit to it. Not many people go into having children with plans to being a shit parent, but things don't always go as you plan, and I recognize that it's a lot harder/more complicated than it seems. I'm good with children though. I'd make a great uncle. Which I am, an uncle, but you know what I mean.
Other news: I just got back to Hong Kong and my father has 3 basically new suits from a while ago he picked up and I wonder if I should take them. There's like no chance he'll wear them, but they are fused and obv not that great. I think the cuts relatively stylish/acceptable though and it seems like a waste. Should I keep them/get them tailored? It's cheap to alter stuff here fwiw:
Black 3 button (or 3 roll 2? not sure) suit:
Note I pinned the back to indicate how much I'd get it waisted, which I didn't do for the other pieces, I think the charcoal/black ones all need to be tightened, trousers all shortened, but otherwise "okay" advice/help would be appreciated. Also I know people don't like black suits much here but I don't mind it too much so if that's your main argument against these it's not as big a deal personally.
Tan 1 button suit.
I'm thinking I'd keep the 3 button and the stripe one for some variety. The tan looks already but I feel like tan worsted wool is kinda weird.
Edited by Isolation - 8/22/14 at 5:31pmpost #10797 of 376678/22/14 at 5:47pmpost #10798 of 376678/22/14 at 5:52pmpost #10799 of 376678/22/14 at 6:02pmpost #10800 of 376678/22/14 at 7:00pmMy Dad was definitely into dressing well. I didn't learn much from him as he passed away when I was 10 but I do remember going to a local Tailor (Raymond Levine -Flossmoor IL) many a times when I was a kid. I was trying to find some pictures but he was always in a 3 piece glen plaid. Maybe Mr. @Despos remembers Raymond Levine?
Edited by jungleroller - 8/23/14 at 8:19am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › New Epaulet x Lockie Donegal Sweater, 40-42 (medium) 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 9 minutes ago
- › New Gustin washed selvedge, size 33 9 minutes ago
- › Price drop! Truman Boot Co. Navy Shell 9.5E US 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...