Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:59 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 719post #10771 of 373658/22/14 at 9:53amAfter drug and mental health problems I finished my undergraduate degrees in 2008. From 2008 to 2010 I worked as a software developer until I left to go to grad school. I finish my doctorate in May. I will be 30. The average life expectancy in the US these days for men is 75 and the retirement age is 67. Provided that I stick with it, this gives me 37 years in a career I have been single-minded in pursuit of - even while I was screwing up other things - since I was ~7. Overall, not a bad deal.post #10772 of 373658/22/14 at 10:03amQuote:
Far be it for me to disagree with you, as I'm childless, but as someone who grew up in a house with 5 kids (I have a sister and 3 brothers) - you can only begin to imagine the chaos!post #10773 of 373658/22/14 at 10:40amGents, thanks for the lurve here, heart warming indeed! Left Bath and now in Devon. Plans for surfing in the morning, can't wait.
@noodles @Claghorn This is more than just a thread!
@SeaJen What a great pic of the family, the pride and happiness shines through!
I suppose as an epilogue the moral to my story is don't take anything for granted. We both thought we could have a family at the drop of a hat, but no way Pedro on that!
Our English Flower Garden then, isn't our gardens or the glorious countryside of England but our daughters, Poppy and Daisy, our very own blooming English Flower Garden
Have a good weekend gents!post #10774 of 373658/22/14 at 10:58amQuote:
Agreed, I don't actually know what a 5 kid family is like. I was more getting at the jump from 1 to 2 kids feels like the workload/stress/happiness more than doubled.post #10775 of 373658/22/14 at 11:08amTwo kids, especially within a couple of years of each other, is certainly more than twice as hard. With one, each parent can take an actual break, go to the movies, get a drink, whatever. With two in diapers, it was divide and conquer, and almost no time for our relationship. It was a very difficult time, but now that the kids are relatively self-sufficient, it's great.post #10776 of 373658/22/14 at 11:12amQuote:
I'm sorry bro. To be clear, I love my babies with all my heart. They're both so sweet, smart, funny, and adorable. And healthy too, knock on wood. There's not a moment that goes by that I'm not glad we had them.
But they ARE a handful though. I mean, God DAM! Lolpost #10777 of 373658/22/14 at 11:26ampost #10778 of 373658/22/14 at 11:33amDad of 3 here.
We had our first two 18 months apart. It was a very difficult time, essentially like having two babies considering our eldest still wasn't sleeping. It was not unusual for all 4 of us to be up at 3 am. That being said, they are 6.5 and 5 now and fantastic friends. By 3 they were already occupying each other which made our lives MUCH easier.
The 3rd was a game changed but he's a super agreeable kid so it's been better. Our eldest is a boy too, and responsible as he is, it's just not the same as having an eldest girl. Those oldest girls become so helpful with the younger siblings as they get older.
I always tell my wife that if we had a fourth kid (and we're probably not going to for some unfortunate reasons) i'd want it to be an 11 year old girl....post #10779 of 373658/22/14 at 12:18pm
I'll agree with what a few have said, that it gets significantly easier when the kids are 3 and out of diapers. They can play with siblings and do not need to be constantly entertained, are better about eating meals and can wake up and entertain themselves for a little bit so that Mom and Dad do not have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. every Saturday.post #10780 of 373658/22/14 at 12:57pm
I have the option to buy AE seconds for a tan chukka at a great price (about 69 bucks). Small stain on the inside of one of the boots is the only issue. I'm not sure I care and I'd probably beat on them anyway.
Is tan a decent color for chukkas? I always have a hard time thinking of how they'd pair (outside of jeans). I guess they'd go great with chinos for more casual stuffs.
Is Snuff a much better color?
Tan is in the middle here:post #10781 of 373658/22/14 at 1:01pmpost #10782 of 373658/22/14 at 1:04pmpost #10783 of 373658/22/14 at 1:06pmpost #10784 of 373658/22/14 at 1:07pmpost #10785 of 373658/22/14 at 1:08pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...