or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 703

post #10531 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Korean Air all the way!
They pick stweardesses solely based on looks and it is a nice view on them planes.

 

I guess you're lucky they pick passengers based on credit card confirmation. :D

post #10532 of 37396
I got free wine refills, beers, and ramen noodles!
post #10533 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

I guess you're lucky they pick passengers based on credit card confirmation. biggrin.gif
Too funny. They even gave me a status upgrade. Can get into lounges and dont have to wait in lines.
post #10534 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE View Post


Singapore airlines charged 4 USD for 500 ml of drinking water when I flew with them.

Korean Air +1

 

Really?! That's outrageous. Never experienced that, fortunately. On an intercontinental flight?

post #10535 of 37396
post #10536 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

South Korea has no govt censureship. It was the academy that blocked all porn website. I had no problems...nvm. haha.
And the student is really dumb for saying he got blocked from porn. Idiot.

They do now. A lot of torrent sites are blocked as well. You get a blue screen with a bunch of warnings and shit.

Also, why is my student dumb for basically admitting he watches porn? Almost every guy does and a surprisingly large amount of women do as well. Pretty sure several girls in that class have a hidden folder or two on their hard drive.

(The only person allowed to call my students stupid is me)

And Asiana is where it's at.

Also, I think I'd rather go with the Brazilians. Friendlier folks.
post #10537 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


They do now. A lot of torrent sites are blocked as well. You get a blue screen with a bunch of warnings and shit.

Also, why is my student dumb for basically admitting he watches porn? Almost every guy does and a surprisingly large amount of women do as well. Pretty sure several girls in that class have a hidden folder or two on their hard drive.

(The only person allowed to call my students stupid is me)

And Asiana is where it's at.

Also, I think I'd rather go with the Brazilians. Friendlier folks.

Let me start off by saying, your student is stupid for publicly inferring that he watches porn. 

Of course, every dude watches porn. But to say it in public is just plain stupid. In fact, I am surprised that he's even in your class.

 

I'd never fly Asiana. 

post #10538 of 37396
Just picture me munching on some salted popcorn.

Can we have a poll about this? Best, favourite, highly recommended sites and such? I mean it would be a wasted opportunity if we let this slip by now.
post #10539 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Let me start off by saying, your student is stupid for publicly inferring that he watches porn.

I think you meant to say "implying" here.
post #10540 of 37396

Well, he might not realize what he's watching (as Clag says, "He's an idiot"), and then, as he's talking it out verbally in front of his classmates, slowly it dawns on him..."naked people check...excessive copulation, check....wait a minute..."

post #10541 of 37396
Or he's just not embarrassed about having certain natural desires. Discussing particular sites might go a bit too far for the faint of heart/depending on which course he's in, but I've had classes where pornography is openly discussed. Everyone knows that everyone does it/has done it at some point in time. It might be a taboo in South Korea, but it's certainly not one in Western Europe.
post #10542 of 37396
Thread Starter 

The majority of those kids are in college (college professors here tend to lecture from powerpoint and test from powerpoint...they take the whole "let me research go away I don't want to teach please please go away ok fine but I'm not going to enjoy it and neither will they" archetype to a whole new level). Which is where I come in (someone who actually enjoys teaching this stuff). The crazy thing is I get paid more than most of them. Education here is just nuts. I could write a book. And may one day, though well after I get the credentials (and the research) to back it up.

 

I'm just not clear where admitting you watch porn is a dumb move. It isn't a smart move. It just doesn't seem to go either way. Korean kids are way less conservative than you remember them, Noodles. Most don't see anything wrong with gay marriage these days. Pretty damned incredible given that 5 years ago, most kids that age could barely conceive the notion. This country takes "quick" to a whole new level.

post #10543 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

The majority of those kids are in college (college professors here tend to lecture from powerpoint and test from powerpoint...they take the whole "let me research go away I don't want to teach please please go away ok fine but I'm not going to enjoy it and neither will they" archetype to a whole new level). Which is where I come in (someone who actually enjoys teaching this stuff). The crazy thing is I get paid more than most of them. Education here is just nuts. I could write a book. And may one day, though well after I get the credentials (and the research) to back it up.

 

I'm just not clear where admitting you watch porn is a dumb move. It isn't a smart move. It just doesn't seem to go either way. Korean kids are way less conservative than you remember them, Noodles. Most don't see anything wrong with gay marriage these days. Pretty damned incredible given that 5 years ago, most kids that age could barely conceive the notion. This country takes "quick" to a whole new level.

You may have a better view since you have contact with them everyday but it is more like, "Live however you want but don't FFFFFFFF'n touch me" kind of attitude towards gays. Korea (govt) has not even begun talking about gay marriage. 

 

If I said out loud that I watch porn in front of my coworkers (including females) that would be pretty stupid. We all may do it but just keep that stuff to yourself.

post #10544 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

You may have a better view since you have contact with them everyday but it is more like, "Live however you want but don't FFFFFFFF'n touch me" kind of attitude towards gays. Korea (govt) has not even begun talking about gay marriage. 

 

If I said out loud that I watch porn in front of my coworkers (including females) that would be pretty stupid. We all may do it but just keep that stuff to yourself.


Coworkers definitely different from fellow students. Also, you could get sued. He brought it up and discussed it relatively academically. A few people snickered at first, but most listened with a look of mild shock and legitimate interest.

 

Yeah. But you know how massive generation gaps are in Korea. And really, one would need "sub-generations" to really comprehend how quickly social norms and values change here. There is a visible difference in values in a group of kids just four years apart.

post #10545 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

You may have a better view since you have contact with them everyday but it is more like, "Live however you want but don't FFFFFFFF'n touch me" kind of attitude towards gays. Korea (govt) has not even begun talking about gay marriage. 

 

If I said out loud that I watch porn in front of my coworkers (including females) that would be pretty stupid. We all may do it but just keep that stuff to yourself.

 

That's a professional setting, where not the intent but the outcome matters when it comes to sexual harassment (especially in the US). If only one person would feel uncomfortable with that statement they'd have a valid case against you. College is more of a social setting, especially when you're an undergrad. It's not out of bounds in a social setting, depending on your social circle of course.

 

Pornography is certainly not discussed in everyday situations, but it does come up during parties or drinking games and such. You'd be surprised by the amount people (guys & girls) of my generation that readily admit they watch it, and aren't the least bit embarrassed about it. That's the way it should be imho, there's no need to be ashamed of your bodily functions. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)