or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 690

post #10336 of 37396
stitchy is 0 for 2 this week in the outerwear category, it seems

i thought the armoury jacket was decent tho as a rain coat
post #10337 of 37396
post #10338 of 37396
cold[1].gif
post #10339 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

After VAT is deducted, there is still a 75gbp tax that is tacked on at checkout. I'm with ya, it's tough to fork out that much for a calf boot...unless we were taking Galways or Shannon's. I'm glad I don't like shell...

If you're talking about RO, the tax that you're referring to comes off when you enter an non-EU address at checkout. Since shipping is free that means £375/$625 (depending on your bank fees). Maybe I'm just corrupted by Northant pricing but 600 bones doesn't seem too bad for something that I want.
post #10340 of 37396
I get the appeal, Stitchy, but I would've gone for one of the more regular barbours. They're much more versatile, and will probably age much better. Also, I wouldn't wear that Steve McQueen jacket outside of the US. You could get in serious trouble depending on where you are.

Anyways, I'm glad you like it, and please post some fitpics in this thread! I'm wondering how'll you wear it.
post #10341 of 37396
Stitchy, if it's not too late send the Barbour back and get a Mulholland Master by Mister Freedom. I'd hazard a guess that the construction and material are way nicer but it's just a lot cooler than the Barbour (which is all that really matters). I've got the brown one and it's one of my favourite pieces of outerwear. The cord lining is so thick and warm and the jungle cloth on the outside is really great.

http://www.misterfreedom.com/mulholland-master-brown.html

post #10342 of 37396
@in stitches. In more important news "amazeballs" was just added to the Oxford dictionary.
post #10343 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

@in stitches. In more important news "amazeballs" was just added to the Oxford dictionary.

This is perhaps the best news of all time.

---

Lol. You bitches can hate on forever, I love this jacket and I am not sending it back. It is amazeballs.
post #10344 of 37396
But enough about Barbour.

Here is the new Eidos sportcoat. Sorry about the poor lighting. I'll wait for your comments before I share mine on the jacket.


mudepube.jpg
post #10345 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

But enough about Barbour.

Here is the new Eidos sportcoat. Sorry about the poor lighting. I'll wait for your comments before I share mine on the jacket.

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
mudepube.jpg

 

 

It's hard to judge fit based on that picture, but it looks very nice in the chest. It gives you a more athletic look. Obviously I like the way you're wearing it with a blue ocbd, brown pents and brown loafers. All you need is a nice and crunchy knit tie and a hanky and the look would be perfect. Oh, and remove that lapel pin.

post #10346 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

It's hard to judge fit based on that picture, but it looks very nice in the chest. It gives you a more athletic look. Obviously I like the way you're wearing it with a blue ocbd, brown pents and brown loafers. All you need is a nice and crunchy knit tie and a hanky and the look would be perfect. Oh, and remove that lapel pin.

Thanks, MF. I am very pleased with how I combined it, if I may say so myself. Was not in the mood for a tie today though.

Lets get one thing out of the way, the lapel pin is why I kopped the jacket, its not going anywhere.

I love the fit in the chest, and I love the lapels. The gut is a little tight, but if I lose some weight, which I should do anyways, I think that will be resolved. But tbh, I will probably wear it open more often than not anyways.

The only real issue is the arms. The armhole is very high, and the sleeves are mad slim, which is suboptimal for my amazing and sexy muscular arms. I do not have the range of motion I would like, and I am very aware when its on. Optimally, when a SC fits right, you should not even notice that you are wearing it. I dont think there is any way to fix that, so I am not sure what I am going to do. I imagine I will do my best with it, and if I see it sits too much, it may have to be sold.
post #10347 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

The only real issue is the arms. The armhole is very high, and the sleeves are mad slim, which is suboptimal for my amazing and sexy muscular arms. I do not have the range of motion I would like, and I am very aware when its on. Optimally, when a SC fits right, you should not even notice that you are wearing it. I dont think there is any way to fix that, so I am not sure what I am going to do. I imagine I will do my best with it, and if I see it sits too much, it may have to be sold.

Mind giving an armhole and bicep measurement? Also, what size did you get? 44?

post #10348 of 37396
I was going to say the jacket is too tapered all over but then you wrote that piece. Perhaps a less fuller cut pant will not make it apparent.

I've been avoiding that particular cut for similar reasons. If that's a US44 can you provide the measurements please?
post #10349 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post

Mind giving an armhole and bicep measurement? Also, what size did you get? 44?

I dont mind, but I do not have them handy at all. I will try and do that, on another time (crappy grammar, but I love that phrase).


Yup, its tagged a 54 indeed.

---

Kulata, I think aside from the sleeves, the cut is great, ymmv I guess. Even the gut can easily be buttoned, its just a bit close for comfort. I dont know any measurements off hand, but I will try and post up, along with the arm measurements, on another time (TWICE!!!).
post #10350 of 37396

Stitches, I like it. If you're not going to wear it with a tie or if you wear it with a knit, I'd wear it unbuttoned. Hard to fully tell about fit given your stance, but you can judge that as well as any.

 

The arms issue, though, is kind of a bummer, but you might as well wear it around for a while to see if it remains salient. Good chance you'll stop noticing it, say when you are in a conversation etc. If you do notice it every time you move your arm, like it breaks your attention when you are talking to someone, then probably not a good thing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)