i thought the armoury jacket was decent tho as a rain coat
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:01 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 690post #10337 of 374978/14/14 at 10:33pmpost #10338 of 374978/14/14 at 10:43pmpost #10339 of 374978/15/14 at 2:33amQuote:
If you're talking about RO, the tax that you're referring to comes off when you enter an non-EU address at checkout. Since shipping is free that means £375/$625 (depending on your bank fees). Maybe I'm just corrupted by Northant pricing but 600 bones doesn't seem too bad for something that I want.post #10340 of 374978/15/14 at 2:49amI get the appeal, Stitchy, but I would've gone for one of the more regular barbours. They're much more versatile, and will probably age much better. Also, I wouldn't wear that Steve McQueen jacket outside of the US. You could get in serious trouble depending on where you are.
Anyways, I'm glad you like it, and please post some fitpics in this thread! I'm wondering how'll you wear it.post #10341 of 374978/15/14 at 3:21amStitchy, if it's not too late send the Barbour back and get a Mulholland Master by Mister Freedom. I'd hazard a guess that the construction and material are way nicer but it's just a lot cooler than the Barbour (which is all that really matters). I've got the brown one and it's one of my favourite pieces of outerwear. The cord lining is so thick and warm and the jungle cloth on the outside is really great.
http://www.misterfreedom.com/mulholland-master-brown.htmlpost #10342 of 374978/15/14 at 3:48ampost #10343 of 374978/15/14 at 6:37ampost #10344 of 374978/15/14 at 8:16ampost #10345 of 374978/15/14 at 8:33amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
But enough about Barbour.
Here is the new Eidos sportcoat. Sorry about the poor lighting. I'll wait for your comments before I share mine on the jacket.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's hard to judge fit based on that picture, but it looks very nice in the chest. It gives you a more athletic look. Obviously I like the way you're wearing it with a blue ocbd, brown pents and brown loafers. All you need is a nice and crunchy knit tie and a hanky and the look would be perfect. Oh, and remove that lapel pin.post #10346 of 374978/15/14 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
It's hard to judge fit based on that picture, but it looks very nice in the chest. It gives you a more athletic look. Obviously I like the way you're wearing it with a blue ocbd, brown pents and brown loafers. All you need is a nice and crunchy knit tie and a hanky and the look would be perfect. Oh, and remove that lapel pin.
Thanks, MF. I am very pleased with how I combined it, if I may say so myself. Was not in the mood for a tie today though.
Lets get one thing out of the way, the lapel pin is why I kopped the jacket, its not going anywhere.
I love the fit in the chest, and I love the lapels. The gut is a little tight, but if I lose some weight, which I should do anyways, I think that will be resolved. But tbh, I will probably wear it open more often than not anyways.
The only real issue is the arms. The armhole is very high, and the sleeves are mad slim, which is suboptimal for my amazing and sexy muscular arms. I do not have the range of motion I would like, and I am very aware when its on. Optimally, when a SC fits right, you should not even notice that you are wearing it. I dont think there is any way to fix that, so I am not sure what I am going to do. I imagine I will do my best with it, and if I see it sits too much, it may have to be sold.post #10347 of 374978/15/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
The only real issue is the arms. The armhole is very high, and the sleeves are mad slim, which is suboptimal for my amazing and sexy muscular arms. I do not have the range of motion I would like, and I am very aware when its on. Optimally, when a SC fits right, you should not even notice that you are wearing it. I dont think there is any way to fix that, so I am not sure what I am going to do. I imagine I will do my best with it, and if I see it sits too much, it may have to be sold.
Mind giving an armhole and bicep measurement? Also, what size did you get? 44?post #10348 of 374978/15/14 at 9:02ampost #10349 of 374978/15/14 at 9:04amQuote:
I dont mind, but I do not have them handy at all. I will try and do that, on another time (crappy grammar, but I love that phrase).
Yup, its tagged a 54 indeed.
Kulata, I think aside from the sleeves, the cut is great, ymmv I guess. Even the gut can easily be buttoned, its just a bit close for comfort. I dont know any measurements off hand, but I will try and post up, along with the arm measurements, on another time (TWICE!!!).post #10350 of 374978/15/14 at 9:39am
Stitches, I like it. If you're not going to wear it with a tie or if you wear it with a knit, I'd wear it unbuttoned. Hard to fully tell about fit given your stance, but you can judge that as well as any.
The arms issue, though, is kind of a bummer, but you might as well wear it around for a while to see if it remains salient. Good chance you'll stop noticing it, say when you are in a conversation etc. If you do notice it every time you move your arm, like it breaks your attention when you are talking to someone, then probably not a good thing.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 37 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 46 seconds ago
- › Is this a tie? A belt? What is this? 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › NWOT Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece by Caruso, 100% cashmere jacket,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...