Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EFV goes to Pitti (picture thread) Last post on 6/27/15 at 10:41am in Classic Menswear
- The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 3 Last post on 1/24/15 at 5:09am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 2 Last post on 1/24/15 at 8:06pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 1 (part 2) Last post on 1/17/15 at 3:59am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 1 Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
David's Pitti Preview: Last Winter's Weirdest
Last edited: 5/30/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get BloggedLast edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pitti Uomo 85: the CM thread - Page 3post #31 of 1071/8/14 at 1:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 1071/8/14 at 2:33pmThread Starterpost #33 of 1071/8/14 at 2:37pmpost #34 of 1071/8/14 at 2:45pmpost #35 of 1071/8/14 at 3:12pmpost #36 of 1071/8/14 at 3:14pmpost #37 of 1071/8/14 at 3:46pmThread StarterI walk around from booth to booth all day. I carry all my crap in a bag. When I get to an interesting booth, I get some of that crap out to take notes, pictures, business cards, fingerprints, whatever. I'm also a person who loses things. Somehow this hasn't taught me to be more organized or careful, but it has taught me to worry constantly that I've lost something. My interior monologue for most of the day runs like this: "Oh shit camera gotta check camera....camera camera camera...yes! That would suck to lose...ok let's go outside....put on sunglasses...where..are...well it looks like I've gone and lost them...again...third pair of these exact same sungl...oh wait, yeah, jacket pocket. Why does this person need to see my press badge? More importantly...why isn't it in my breast pocket where it's supposed to be...why don't I just wear it around my neck like a sensible human being...why do I have to be so unbelievably stupid about every friggin...oh wait yea it's around my neck, under my scarf."
But you always end up losing the things you least expect and most value. And today I finally lost something crucial: my voice. Maybe it was from waking up in the middle of the last night screaming after having a nightmare about being forced to watch Patrik make bittersweet love to Angela Merkel. In any case, I had to leave a nice event hosted by A and H to get back to my hotel and rest up in the hopes that tomorrow I won't have to resort to writing down my interview questions and shoving them in my subject's face.
I still got plenty of talking in today though. My favorite were probably the guys at Jamieson's of Shetland talking Fair Isle sweaters. These guys live on a tiny, barely inhabited island in the middle of nowhere - actually closer to Norway than Scotland - and still manage an entire knitting industry, all the way from the sheep herding to the knitting. I don't know how they feel about taking a multi-legged journey to come show their sweaters at Pitti, but I enjoyed hearing their story.
I also spotted a guy that I would like to nominate for the show's "most punchable" award - he had one corner of the back flap of his double vented jacket lifted up and sewn onto the jacket itself, to reveal his initials sewn into the jacket's lining. Also revealed: half an asscheek, and his complete lack of shame.
Before leaving the show, Jasper and I set up a couple of photos that should be uploading sometime soon, which I think may change Pitti's whole perspective on shit. On my way to dinner I stopped off to have a drink with Gianni Cerutti of Passaggio Cravatte, who is a very cool cat despite being dressed in the colors of a hot dog:
On the walk back to my hotel, I did take a moment to appreciate the night view of the Palazzo Vecchio, the seat of the Florentine government during the Renaissance:
Inside are frescos depicting Florentine heroes of the past, many of whom seem to dressed quite punchably:
If I can just get the image of Patrik getting Merkeled out of my head, then I think tomorrow I can wake up ready to visit Alden, Seraphin, and the top floor of the main pavilion, which I haven't even visited yet.post #38 of 1071/8/14 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #39 of 1071/8/14 at 8:33pmpost #40 of 1071/8/14 at 8:51pmpost #41 of 1071/8/14 at 9:53pmpost #42 of 1071/8/14 at 10:17pmpost #43 of 1071/8/14 at 10:28pmpost #44 of 1071/9/14 at 1:50am
Have to agree! I think the Italians have worn their overcoats like that since they...um...invented coats. Or maybe I'm just getting defensive because I sometimes wear my overcoat like that.
As for the "most punchable" award mentioned above by unbelragazzo I want to nominate a guy I saw wearing what looked like a very recently killed and poorly skinned squirrel on his head. Apart from that it's been a very inspiring and fun trip. It was very nice to meet so many SF people and retail colleagues. Thanks to unbelragazzo and SF for putting together such a nice dinner Tuesday evening.post #45 of 1071/9/14 at 3:17am
- Pitti Uomo 85: the CM thread
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 887 Active Users (138 Members and 749 Guests)
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 27 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 41 minutes ago
- › RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box... 43 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 44 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 44 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 45 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 46 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 49 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...