Last week for sale before I go vacation for 3 weeks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryCoatstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryDress Bootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDress Pantstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryFootweartagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicMensweartagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categorySuitstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15More
- topicTailorstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryTiestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:01 am in Classic Menswear
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits Last post on 11/18/16 at 9:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Manhattan Sales Alert!! Last post on 12/1/16 at 3:06am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! - Page 170post #2536 of 29482/18/16 at 7:45ampost #2537 of 29482/18/16 at 12:37pmNot to derail the thread, but how do all you sellers handle buyers who have no history on the forum (no rep, no posts, no feedback, no nothing)? I haven't had anything but good communication and prompt action from the buyer, but I'm still somewhat concerned there could be problems on the back end of the transaction. If anybody has thoughts they want to share without sidetracking this thread, please PM me.
Edited by jawboneofa - 2/18/16 at 12:57pmpost #2538 of 29482/18/16 at 12:43pmpost #2539 of 29482/18/16 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by jawboneofa
Not to derail the thread, but how do all you sellers handle buyers who have no history on the forum (no rep, no posts, no nothing)? I haven't had anything but good communication and prompt action from the buyer, but I'm still somewhat concerned there could be problems on the back end of the transaction. If anybody has thoughts they want to share without sidetracking this thread, please PM me.
I sold quite a few items to new members around here, had nothing but very good experience with them.
If anything, new members tend to communicate more politely than the old onespost #2540 of 29482/18/16 at 1:21pmpost #2541 of 29482/18/16 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jawboneofa
Not to derail the thread, but how do all you sellers handle buyers who have no history on the forum (no rep, no posts, no feedback, no nothing)? I haven't had anything but good communication and prompt action from the buyer, but I'm still somewhat concerned there could be problems on the back end of the transaction. If anybody has thoughts they want to share without sidetracking this thread, please PM me.
I think it's more of issue with seller than buyer. As long as the payment method is protected I don't see any problem selling to someone new to the forum.
I do find some newer member lack in communication, like ask a questions or give an offer then disappears...
Seller is a very different story, see FAQ by Razl.post #2542 of 29482/18/16 at 1:59pmpost #2543 of 29482/18/16 at 4:29pmLike anything else I think you just need to get a feel for the person. How they communicate etc. I'd have to think about it but I don't think I've ever had a bad experience on here.
Really my worst has been with a high volume eBay seller of AE (with perfect feedback) who gave me a super hard time about a return despite a very clear no questions asked policy.post #2544 of 29482/18/16 at 6:34pmpost #2545 of 29482/18/16 at 8:52pmQuote:
This. I've sold to many first time buyers/new forum members. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? I remember when I finally signed up about 7 years just so I could pull the trigger on buying a suit here from FStyles. Turned out he and I did business many times back and forth. With new buyers I'm a little more nervous if it's a high $ item and/or shipping overseas, but at the end of the day I choose to believe the best in people. I don't think I've had a single major issue here in hundreds of transactions either as buyer or seller regardless of the person on the other end of the transaction being a rookie or veteran. At the end of the day, use common sense and everybody just be cool.post #2546 of 29482/18/16 at 9:00pmpost #2547 of 29482/19/16 at 9:55ampost #2548 of 29482/19/16 at 12:31pmpost #2549 of 29482/19/16 at 1:15pmLike others, I have not had any issues selling to new buyers on here. There was one occasion where I was selling something a bit more expensive than my typical items and the buyer had a spammy sound name and username so I asked if they had activity on any other forums. They were a frequent poster on WUS with plenty of positive feedback over there so my worries were eased.post #2550 of 29482/19/16 at 2:14pm
If you have a lot of concerns you might inquire if he's had any dealings with any of the forum's affiliate vendors. I sold a pair of shoes to a person relatively new to the forum and he suggested I contact one of said vendors as he had just purchased an item from them to vouch for his authenticity. Truth is, the more we went back and forth, the more comfortable I became anyway so I just shipped.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › S.E.H Kelly 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 42 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Need help selecting a belt 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...