or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences - Page 9

post #121 of 162
Thanks for that. A nice testament to Russell that they're looking that good after 30 years.
post #122 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpoblete View Post

Via Silver & Gold
b10e0cd5.jpg

Saw these the other day at a shop in Tokyo. Man they were beautiful. My first experince really with Russell Moc. They were built like tanks!

Is this the most active thread on Russell Moc on SF?
post #123 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post


Saw these the other day at a shop in Tokyo. Man they were beautiful. My first experince really with Russell Moc. They were built like tanks!
Is this the most active thread on Russell Moc on SF?


RM's are really nice and some of the best built moccasins styled shoes and boots you can buy.  If you ever make it out to their shop they really are nice people but they really unique in the sense that they don't advertise or need the attention like most other companies and retailers need, so they are not likely to be very popular in forums.  Plus, their stuff literally takes forever to get.

post #124 of 162
I was definitely impressed by the boots I saw here in Tokyo last week. Unfortunately, nobody here ever stocks my size. I have since been checking RM out online. They may win a prize for having the smallest photos available on their website. But as you said, that's not their focus. It seems like the best place to check out their styles online is Rakuten. Lots of very interesting Japanese makeups.

I'm not usually much of a fan of green shoes. But that above chukka in green reverse chamois is fantastic. Love chamois in general, but green looks really nice. Wish more makers used that. Might have to do a special order with RM.

241
post #125 of 162

If you don't want to wait and you fit these, I've got 11C golf shoes on B&S, like new, available.  Prob fit an 11.5 more narrow foot, I'm a D and they fit.  You can have the sole redone in 4 weeks and have a great shoe quick.  They may be able to stretch the last to close to a D as well.  FYI

post #126 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

I was definitely impressed by the boots I saw here in Tokyo last week. Unfortunately, nobody here ever stocks my size. I have since been checking RM out online. They may win a prize for having the smallest photos available on their website. But as you said, that's not their focus. It seems like the best place to check out their styles online is Rakuten. Lots of very interesting Japanese makeups.
I'm not usually much of a fan of green shoes. But that above chukka in green reverse chamois is fantastic. Love chamois in general, but green looks really nice. Wish more makers used that. Might have to do a special order with RM.
241


At one point they use to have a sale document that they would update once in a while and it might be worth checking out if they still have it because they put up all the styles/sizes that get return and other styles they have on hand.  Last time I checked they had a lot of different styles but in strange sizes.  But I agree, there website needs to be updated with better pictures.

post #127 of 162
Anyone in here owners of both RM and/or Alden/Red Wing that can jot their respective sizes down? Trying to get an idea of what I need in RM if I'm generally a 10.5D.
post #128 of 162

Russell's run about a size smaller.  So, if you're a 10.5D brannock, you're probably a 9.5D RM.  They do rec you draw an outline of your foot, preferably in the afternoon, and send it to them.  Or better yet, go to Berlin, WI and have them fit you!  Nice place to visit.  I wear a 12 and my size 10.5 from 30 years ago still fit.  I've most likely stretched them out a bit.  Just had new soles put on and relasted, I asked them to stretch them out length wise as much as they could.  That being said, a size and a half is too much generally.  Hope that helps, great shoes/boots.  I especially like the chukkas and the fishing oxford.  Call them, they are very friendly, like most Badgers(gov Walker excepted).

post #129 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

Russell's run about a size smaller.

Appreciate the advice! For clarification, should this read "size larger"?
post #130 of 162

I guess so.  You want to order a size smaller than your normal size.  Best to do the outline thing.

post #131 of 162

Anybody know where I can find Russell Moccasin in the UK.. If I order from the states it will take 20 weeks..

any help on this would be great..

Thanks

post #132 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixM View Post

Anybody know where I can find Russell Moccasin in the UK.. If I order from the states it will take 20 weeks..
any help on this would be great..
Thanks

The boots are made in the US, so if you have a pair made it will be 20 weeks, but you could buy a stock boot. I don't see how buying from a UK dealer instead of a US dealer will help you out with the 20 weeks
post #133 of 162

Thank you to whoever bumped this thread.

 

 

I am always on the lookout for manufacturers who make 'extended sizes', and I am very pleased to find our that Russell Moccasin advertise the ability to make up to a size 18 (I wear a 15/16).  Up until seeing this thread I had never heard of RM.

 

 

Anyone know of any other shoe/boot manufacturers, with a good reputation, who make extended size shoe/boots?

post #134 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudderfudder77 View Post

Thank you to whoever bumped this thread.

 

 

I am always on the lookout for manufacturers who make 'extended sizes', and I am very pleased to find our that Russell Moccasin advertise the ability to make up to a size 18 (I wear a 15/16).  Up until seeing this thread I had never heard of RM.

 

 

Anyone know of any other shoe/boot manufacturers, with a good reputation, who make extended size shoe/boots?

 

 

White's boots in Spokane, WA is another option for extended sizes: http://www.whitesboots.com/

post #135 of 162






Custom ordered in May, got them on Tues. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences