or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vass special order opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vass special order opinions - Page 3

post #31 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post
Really?

I think I just paid about the same with Budapester Schule - maybe Eiko doesn't like me...

Does your bank charge $1.5 per Euro?
post #32 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Does your bank charge $1.5 per Euro?
That's not where Dollar - Euro is at?

Now I feel taken advantage of.
post #33 of 75
oh no....

euro conversion is something like 4 parts to the 3 in US

not 3 parts to the 2.

that is too much markup
post #34 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post
That's not where Dollar - Euro is at?

Now I feel taken advantage of.

Let's just say that is well north of what I've been paying.
post #35 of 75
Per www.xe.com which is an EXCELLENT website for currency conversion, the Euro is 1.34589:1 to the dollar right now.

FYI, the price I was quoted was $850US including trees, customs, duties and shipping.

Aportnoy, if this is more than you are used to spending, please do tell!!! Share the love buddy!
post #36 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailorrmade View Post
Per www.xe.com which is an EXCELLENT website for currency conversion, the Euro is 1.34589:1 to the dollar right now.

So confusing. It would be easier if they'd just fix those "FX" rates rather than letting them move around all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailorrmade View Post
FYI, the price I was quoted was $850US including trees, customs, duties and shipping.

Aportnoy, if this is more than you are used to spending, please do tell!!! Share the love buddy!

Seriously though, I can't quite remember but I think I paid around 800 w/ trees.

If Andrew has a non-wholesale source that's cheaper I'd love to hear about it - especially if the ECB isn't planning on pausing. (Darn you, Jean-Claude!)


To Chris's question, I don't know if I'll stay with the U-last. Wore my first pair for the first time yesterday and they seemed pointy. But that may be just because I'm used to Alden & Peals. I think I'm going to try the F- or maybe R-last the next time I go in for some Vass.
post #37 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator View Post
But not in my size though. I know because I have rung them to ask about the Gamaschenstiefeletten. Maybe I will have to go to Maftei instead and then I can have my Sachertort with an Einspänner too.

I just passed by at ZAK, so I didn't check their sizes in stock. You should try Maftei. I think you like and appreciate their work and their last shapes are compelling with your taste.

Sachertorte and Einspänner. It seems to be, you like whipped cream.
post #38 of 75
Einspanner. Mmm...
post #39 of 75
Thread Starter 
Update...

This is what I ended up ordering:

Old English II
F Last (Size 43 EU)
Oxblood Boxcalf
Beveled Waist
Metal Toe Tap
Three Piece Shoe Trees

Now for the wait! It should take about two months or so. I'll take some pics when they arrive. I still really want the same shoe in antique cognac as well. Hopefully this order will fit well so I can order more.

Chris
post #40 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby View Post
Update...

This is what I ended up ordering:

Old English II
F Last (Size 43 EU)
Oxblood Boxcalf
Beveled Waist
Metal Toe Tap
Three Piece Shoe Trees

Now for the wait! It should take about two months or so. I'll take some pics when they arrive. I still really want the same shoe in antique cognac as well. Hopefully this order will fit well so I can order more.

Chris

That is EXACTLY my next Vass order, except I'll be a 44 in the F last - good call. Did you order the Crispin's?
post #41 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
I just passed by at ZAK, so I didn't check their sizes in stock. You should try Maftei. I think you like and appreciate their work and their last shapes are compelling with your taste.

Sachertorte and Einspänner. It seems to be, you like whipped cream.

I dream of making a trip nach Wien for a serving of Sachertorte and Maftei.

BTW what is the exact difference between an Einspänner and a Melange?
post #42 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II View Post
That is EXACTLY my next Vass order, except I'll be a 44 in the F last - good call. Did you order the Crispin's?

I see you are also a man of refined taste

I'm going to order the St. Crispin's after I receive the Vass. For that order I'm going for the two-eyelet:



post #43 of 75
I just finalized my order for these St. Crispin's. Delivery is quoted for September 10th. I replaced the speed lacers with standard eyelets and went for the dark oak color.

post #44 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
I just finalized my order for these St. Crispin's. Delivery is quoted for September 10th. I replaced the speed lacers with standard eyelets and went for the dark oak color.


Well that should be obscenely gorgeous.
post #45 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby View Post
Well that should be obscenely gorgeous.

I'm hoping. I've lusted after these boots since I first saw them. And given the rise in pricing for all things British, they are a relative bargain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vass special order opinions