or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ocean 13 style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ocean 13 style - Page 5

post #61 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Why the big fuss over this?

the same reason guys like to start threads on how bad someone's dressed (tv personalities etc) so they can apply all their newfound SF knowledge into tearing apart someone's outfit as decreed by all the SF rules
post #62 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
the same reason guys like to start threads on how bad someone's dressed (tv personalities etc) so they can apply all their newfound SF knowledge into tearing apart someone's outfit as decreed by all the SF rules

Despite the minor nitpicks, these guys are still dressed better than 99.9% of the US male population.
post #63 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril View Post
Charcoal and pale yellow don't work. Unless you're a canary in a coal mine.

I feel the same way about long hair and pony tails. I think it looks fine.
post #64 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Jesus Christ guys. Have some of you not even seen Ocean's 11 or 12? Keep in mind that these are COSTUMES. They are actually designed by a designer for each character to convey specific character qualities. Brad Pitt did actually work with the designer on his particular outfits, for example they wanted them to be a little bit flashy, a little bit over the top, to reflect his character. Clooneys were a little more conservative for his leadership role, and so forth.

Why the big fuss over this?

Exactly. If you know about the chracters, you see it all makes sense. The way the "veterans" Pitt and Clooney have similar sitting postures while the "rookie" Damon sits different from them and appears less confident. Then if you look at Pitt's jacket/pants, you see Damon's outfit can be considered the opposite of his, with darker trousers and a lighter jacket as opposed to lighter trousers and a darker jacket.
post #65 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
Exactly. If you know about the chracters, you see it all makes sense. The way the "veterans" Pitt and Clooney have similar sitting postures while the "rookie" Damon sits different from them and appears less confident. Then if you look at Pitt's jacket/pants, you see Damon's outfit can be considered the opposite of his, with darker trousers and a lighter jacket as opposed to lighter trousers and a darker jacket.


To reconcile our differences i'd say yes you are right the costumes fit their characters very well. BTW they play a bunch of narcissistic douchebags.
post #66 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
To reconcile our differences i'd say yes you are right the costumes fit their characters very well. BTW they play a bunch of narcissistic douchebags.

Interesting you say that.
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
Interesting you say that.

Sorry teddie. I was born of beautiful mother and thus have a very easy life.
post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
I took a break from banging two supermodels in my million dollar mansion to look at this picture, and I must say agree with the rest of the winners on here that those guys are really lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
I don't get when *you guys* critique the wardrobe of a MOVIE, and somehow put upon it your own oh-so-terribly-refined taste of how some movie character should be dressed

They look fine in that pic, it definitely suits their characters and lifestyle. Get over it, or show us how it's done with your own wonderful photos of sartorial excellence, esp Mr Dkzzz (perhaps if they had AK-47s they wouldnt look so douchey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
I agree with Get Smart.

Some of you are a bunch of haters. These are actors, for an ad campaign for their characters. And I think they look good. Sure they don't look like they walked out of T&A, Brooks, or whatever it is you think embodies "classic style," but that's the point.

+1 to all of these.

Btw, is it possible to reopen the biggest douche poll?
post #69 of 78
not gonna post any opinions, but I thought some of you might find this interesting:

http://men.style.com/news/the_rant/060807
post #70 of 78
I have not seen the movie. The photo provided, is troubling in that the men don't look spontaneous. They look arranged and configured, so as to play off each other. Clooney is the central focus, in the dark ensemble. The other two men are relegated to seesaw, so that the picture can flow. Reminds me of a room that's been finished by a decorator, just starting out. If the entire movie is a procession of such shots: four aspirin headache.

I wouldn't even notice what the clothes look like.
post #71 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by migo View Post
not gonna post any opinions, but I thought some of you might find this interesting:

http://men.style.com/news/the_rant/060807


I feel vindicated. My impeccable sense of style did it again.


P.S. Anyone wants to start a douchebag clothing line? It seems it would have a large built-in customer base.
post #72 of 78
Kind of an interesting read albeit very pop.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2003...0.html?cnn=yes
post #73 of 78
I feel an on-screen kiss is coming between those too.)
post #74 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGuy View Post
I feel the same way about long hair and pony tails. I think it looks fine.

I feel the same way about beard combovers.
post #75 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGuy View Post
I feel the same way about long hair and pony tails. I think it looks fine.

Only people with short hair should have pony tails, then?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ocean 13 style