or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 44

post #646 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Sober Privilege.

Finally, a privilege you don't have.
post #647 of 5117
Oh holy lol, this is worth a read.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/sba-list-merits-filed-brief.pdf

Yes, it's real.
post #648 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Oh holy lol, this is worth a read.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/sba-list-merits-filed-brief.pdf

Yes, it's real.

GREATEST LINE EVER
Quote:
After all, where would we be without the
knowledge that Democrats are pinko-communist
flag-burners who want to tax churches and use the
money to fund abortions so they can use the fetal
stem cells to create pot-smoking lesbian ATF agents
who will steal all the guns and invite the UN to take
over America?
post #649 of 5117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Obama wants better tax deal for working families

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/03/pf/taxes/obama-budget-tax-families/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Sweet. I work so I guess Barry wants a better tax deal for me? Suddenly I like him.
Quote:
President Obama included several tax proposals to help low- and middle-income families in his 2015 budget proposal on Tuesday.

They're designed to help the working poor, to make child care and college more affordable, and to make it easier to save for retirement.

The cost of the proposals would be paid for by closing what the White House calls tax loopholes that affect the richest among us.

Oh wait. Now I'm confused. While not "the richest amongst us" by several orders of magnitudes I suddenly feel I'm not "working."

Why play these games with semantics? Both sides do it so I'm not just picking on the left. It sucks; stop it people.
post #650 of 5117
Piob, I'm not sure I'd call posting on StyleForum all day "working."
post #651 of 5117
Thread Starter 
Look, do I get a paycheque for doing it? Yes I do. I'm also multi-tasking right now as I'm having a salad at my desk.
post #652 of 5117
Lol, just got 10k retainer in my account and I'm 3 sheets to the wind and posting on SF. I love my life.
post #653 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/03/pf/taxes/obama-budget-tax-families/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Sweet. I work so I guess Barry wants a better tax deal for me? Suddenly I like him.
Oh wait. Now I'm confused. While not "the richest amongst us" by several orders of magnitudes I suddenly feel I'm not "working."

Why play these games with semantics? Both sides do it so I'm not just picking on the left. It sucks; stop it people.

Obviously those who have high incomes don't work. It stands to reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Lol, just got 10k retainer in my account and I'm 3 sheets to the wind and posting on SF. I love my life.

Are you billing for your time while doing so?
post #654 of 5117
How much of that do you plan to contribute to working families, Harv? Please don't forget to pay your fair share!
post #655 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

How much of that do you plan to contribute to working families, Harv? Please don't forget to pay your fair share!

I do at least 80 hours of pro bono a year. Plus court appointments for conflict counsel that pays a third of my hourly rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Obviously those who have high incomes don't work. It stands to reason.
Are you billing for your time while doing so?

Lolololololol, no, as much as I might want to I don't think it's reasonable to bill clients for drinking time
post #656 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I do at least 80 hours of pro bono a year. Plus court appointments for conflict counsel that pays a third of my hourly rate.
Lolololololol, no, as much as I might want to I don't think it's reasonable to bill clients for drinking time

Posting on styleforvm is essentially talking with other maritime lawyers, which could be construed as legal research.

Also, be honest, that pro bono time is to help out the petty drug dealers to get your name out there for the higher ups get busted: it is just cost-effective marketing.
post #657 of 5117
Lolololol. Most pro bono is family law related. Not saying I don't put forth a few extra hours for the sexy single moms, but...
post #658 of 5117
tapatalk error in bad reception


Edited by zarathustra - 3/4/14 at 7:37pm
post #659 of 5117
Two words, biggest lie: "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"


Sent from my my frickin phone using Tapatalk
post #660 of 5117
The biggest lie is "MISSON ACCOMPLISHED" Bush is a war criminal!!!!



Sent from my my frickin phone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob