or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 315

post #4711 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How exactly is it that Trump thinks he will get away with not releasing his tax returns now that he is the official nominee?

Maybe his general experience over the last year or so has something to do with it?
post #4712 of 5340
He's gotta win the general now though...not the primary.

I mean...people complain when elected politicians can't live up to their campaign promises once in office. He literally said he was working on releasing them back in January and hasn't come through with that promise. If he can't even keep a promise for during the campaign, how can anyone take him seriously?
post #4713 of 5340
Thread Starter 
We're supposed to take these people seriously now? Hasn't that ship sort of sailed years ago?
post #4714 of 5340

I wonder if Trump will have problems in the last couple months.  Like a new pitcher in MLB who comes in and does really well because no one has faced him, and after a time or two through he lineup, his ERA isn't looking too hot.

post #4715 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I wonder if Trump will have problems in the last couple months.  Like a new pitcher in MLB who comes in and does really well because no one has faced him, and after a time or two through he lineup, his ERA isn't looking too hot.

Let's invite everyone from the sports threads to join us and talk about whether traditional statistics or advanced analytics is the shittier way to evaluate the candidates. That would be awesome.
post #4716 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Let's invite everyone from the sports threads to join us and talk about whether traditional statistics or advanced analytics is the shittier way to evaluate the candidates. That would be awesome.

Dick Morris, who knows both of them, has said that Hilly has a better WHIP than Il Trumpe
post #4717 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Let's invite everyone from the sports threads to join us and talk about whether traditional statistics or advanced analytics is the shittier way to evaluate the candidates. That would be awesome.

 

It was just a random brokencycle musing.  No need to threaten people.

post #4718 of 5340
post #4719 of 5340
Thread Starter 
Q: How stupid do politicians think the average voter is?
A: Very fucking stupid.


In one Senate race I'm familiar with a person that's served 10 terms in Congress is running against the sitting Senator under the concept of term limits are needed and new blood in D.C. is the answer. I guess blood is "new" even after 20 years if it moves from the House to the Senate?
post #4720 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Q: How stupid do politicians think the average voter is?
A: Very fucking stupid.


In one Senate race I'm familiar with a person that's served 10 terms in Congress is running against the sitting Senator under the concept of term limits are needed and new blood in D.C. is the answer. I guess blood is "new" even after 20 years if it moves from the House to the Senate?
Even more depressing is the number of people who would find that argument reasonable and persuasive.
post #4721 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Q: How stupid do politicians think the average voter is?
A: Very fucking stupid.


In one Senate race I'm familiar with a person that's served 10 terms in Congress is running against the sitting Senator under the concept of term limits are needed and new blood in D.C. is the answer. I guess blood is "new" even after 20 years if it moves from the House to the Senate?

 

New is relative, man.

post #4722 of 5340
Thread Starter 
Okay, now the typical Internet atheist bothers me quite a bit but this one was funny.


post #4723 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

In Canadian news, Quebec is fining a comedian for making a joke about a kid who has some Treacher Collins disease.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/rights-tribunal-orders-quebec-comedian-to-pay-35000-to-young-singer-he-ridiculed

here's more on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Okay, now the typical Internet atheist bothers me quite a bit but this one was funny.

trust me internet muslims and internet christians are much worse
post #4724 of 5340
The Trump subreddit is an absolutely terrifying place.

I've also noticed that whenever I find someone being a particularly obnoxious asshole in an unrelated subreddit...if I check their post history, I often notice they spend time in the Trump sub.

I'm sure there are plenty of Trump supporters who are not fans of the place, but god damn is it ever toxic. If it were anyone else besides Trump, I would be thinking "It must suck to look at your core supporters and realize what degenerates they are". I'd much rather have misguided fundamentalist religious people or whiny entitled millenials as my guaranteed voter block...
post #4725 of 5340
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

...

trust me internet muslims and internet christians are much worse

Not even close. Every group has its awful members, but internet atheists are part of a pretty exclusive group when it comes to generally being terrible.

Edit: My theory, which I'm developing as I type this, is that internet atheists are terrible because atheists are the more dogmatic end of the nonbeliever scale (with agnostics being less resolute). This means "atheist" captures the fundies of that world, so you can't compare them to Christians or Muslims generally, which is a much wider net and would cover everything from EnCs to groups like Westboro Baptist. On the contrary, you have to compare them to the narrower, non-moderate end of their respective spectra.

Now, if you were to say fundamentalist Christians and Muslims are as bad as internet atheists, I'd be inclined to agree.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob