or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 228

post #3406 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

You have to wonder if his wife even suspected any of this was going on. That's some large blinders if not.

Not really. Look at how long Gacy was getting away with it. A lot of married dudes out there that are gay, or pedophiles with clueless wives. This guy had the means to travel the country, and the world, and tell his old lady he was going on a "business trip."

I saw a picture of him when he was younger, and the motherfucker looked like a walrus. So he wasn't getting any females his age anywhere near him. Kids were probably the only ones who accepted him for who he was, and weren't completely grossed out by him. He must of perfected his skills at befriending children at a young age.
post #3407 of 5110

An interesting DU thread for you all:


http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141248869

post #3408 of 5110
Thread Starter 
That thread brings the lulz.
post #3409 of 5110
So is it just me, or are other folks dismayed by the number of people who are smart enough to know better reflexively "liking" the KKK List thing by Anonymous? I mean, yeah, nobody outside of actual Nazis is more fun to hate on than the inbred morons who would associate with the KKK. On the scale of consensus moral judgment, I'm sure they're even lower than Ashley Madison cheaters.

And I realize that dissemination on the interwebz = truthiness, but people don't even seem to be given pause by the fact that one name on their pre-list is that Tennessee may seems pretty clear about as un-KKK as you can get.

And more broadly, yay hackerz, right? Because whether we value privacy, observance of the law, and whatnot depends on whether it's the privacy of people we like or people who suck that's being compromised, and whether the information being revealed about them is stuff we're interested in learning. Yes?
post #3410 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

So is it just me, or are other folks dismayed by the number of people who are smart enough to know better reflexively "liking" the KKK List thing by Anonymous? I mean, yeah, nobody outside of actual Nazis is more fun to hate on than the inbred morons who would associate with the KKK. On the scale of consensus moral judgment, I'm sure they're even lower than Ashley Madison cheaters.

And I realize that dissemination on the interwebz = truthiness, but people don't even seem to be given pause by the fact that one name on their pre-list is that Tennessee may seems pretty clear about as un-KKK as you can get.

And more broadly, yay hackerz, right? Because whether we value privacy, observance of the law, and whatnot depends on whether it's the privacy of people we like or people who suck that's being compromised, and whether the information being revealed about them is stuff we're interested in learning. Yes?

 

LD, you're a smart guy, so you know the answers, but here's a short list of easy to follow rules.

1. We value privacy when it is our privacy or someone we care about.

1a. When it some d-bag or klansmen or someone with opinions we don't like, transparency is more important.

2. Hackers are bad when they're stealing our cc #s or exposing people in #1

2a. Hackers are good when they're exposing those in 1a.

3. Stop letting facts get in the way of the narrative.  We all know that all Republicans are either klansmen or wish they were.

post #3411 of 5110
Thread Starter 
This is both perplexing and upsetting. http://www.vox.com/2015/11/2/9660282/obama-ban-the-box

Obama wants to fix things so job applications do not have the spot to disclose a criminal history. He wants to change it so the hiring process runs its course then run a background check. What a waste of fucking time and money. It seems the hope is that by getting to know the person an organization will overlook the fact they have a criminal record and hire them anyway. Oh damn I can just see the lawsuit the first time a new hire with a record does something...and it's not Barry they'll be suing.

Also, I like the term "mass incarceration." Yeah, we're just rounding up whole neighborhoods en masse to incarcerate now.
post #3412 of 5110
Background checks for job applicants are as racist as IQ tests and ought to receive the same fate!
post #3413 of 5110
This just seems like a clumsy way to address a major social problem. Having millions of semi-unemployable people is obviously bad for society, but there's no obvious reason why a company would risk hiring an ex-con when they could get someone who hadn't been in jail. No idea what the solution there is, but "banning the box" doesn't seem like it.
post #3414 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Has anyone noticed that the "fat acceptance" folks want to objectify themselves? What I mean by this is they want to create a dualism where their grossly fat bodies are objects external to self and not them? "People living in fat bodies." No, a person is not an entity placed in a random flesh package.

https://vimeo.com/136879969
post #3415 of 5110
What the fuck?
post #3416 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

This just seems like a clumsy way to address a major social problem. Having millions of semi-unemployable people is obviously bad for society, but there's no obvious reason why a company would risk hiring an ex-con when they could get someone who hadn't been in jail. No idea what the solution there is, but "banning the box" doesn't seem like it.

 

I know someone who is a felon for drugs.  We have ban the box in MN already, and it has not helped him get a job because major companies will just reject a felon after the background check.

 

There are plenty of places that will hire him though: a lot of small businesses don't care that much as long as you can do the job.  The real solution is to not have drug possession/dealing be a felony.  We lock people up, costing tax payers a ton of money, for drug use (which criminalizing it doesn't stop), then we hamper their ability to get a job because it shows up on background checks.

post #3417 of 5110
Hillary meeting with mothers of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/politics/hillary-clinton-trayvon-martin-chicago/index.html

Brown's Mom, Leslie McSpadden would be a fine choice to head the coming US DOV, Dept. of Diversity

post #3418 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

The real solution is to not have drug possession/dealing be a felony.  We lock people up, costing tax payers a ton of money, for drug use (which criminalizing it doesn't stop), then we hamper their ability to get a job because it shows up on background checks.

Its cool, they already know how to make a living selling drugs.
post #3419 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Hillary meeting with mothers of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/politics/hillary-clinton-trayvon-martin-chicago/index.html

Brown's Mom, Leslie McSpadden would be a fine choice to head the coming US DOV, Dept. of Diversity


She's only using them for a photo op. More votes for that psycho.
post #3420 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

This is both perplexing and upsetting. http://www.vox.com/2015/11/2/9660282/obama-ban-the-box

Obama wants to fix things so job applications do not have the spot to disclose a criminal history. He wants to change it so the hiring process runs its course then run a background check. What a waste of fucking time and money. It seems the hope is that by getting to know the person an organization will overlook the fact they have a criminal record and hire them anyway. Oh damn I can just see the lawsuit the first time a new hire with a record does something...and it's not Barry they'll be suing.

Also, I like the term "mass incarceration." Yeah, we're just rounding up whole neighborhoods en masse to incarcerate now.


Recall that Obama's prior experience in business was as a drug dealer. "There but for the grace of God go I."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob