or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 207

post #3091 of 5129
Shes a hick cunt bigot. If she doesnt wanna do her job; quit.

This insurrection saber-rattling is so dumb. Unless the POTUS becomes the one from "Escape from LA" or some other impossible Orwellian shit, follow the goddamn laws. Noone in power hath torn up the Constitution yet.
post #3092 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post


Yet when Kim Davis refuses to act as the public servant she was elected to be ,refuses to honor the civil rights of the others without discrimination,refuses to uphold the US constitution as interpreted by the SCOTUS,refuses to honor the will of the majority of the citizens of this country her supporters threaten armed insurrection against the government of the for demanding she do so.


Sexual activity does not create a protected class. The Supreme Court has held that local officials may refuse to enforce administrative tasks. How else could mayors and sheriffs in sanctuary cities avoid prison for flouting the law?
post #3093 of 5129
Refusing to enforce laws he doesn't like is Obama's signature achievement as president.
post #3094 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

This insurrection saber-rattling is so dumb. Unless the POTUS becomes the one from "Escape from LA" or some other impossible Orwellian shit, follow the goddamn laws. Noone in power hath torn up the Constitution yet.


A 5-4 decision.

Strict scrutiny? Intermediate scrutiny? Rational basis?

Who knows?

Who cares?

Our Constitution is not about law anymore.

Justice Kennedy has invented a new Constitution, based on what makes him feel good. The Constitutional right to have someone to cuddle with at night.

The decision is an embarrassment. It is hard to read because it could have been written by a high schooler.

The Supreme Court is bordering on illegitimacy.
post #3095 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Refusing to enforce laws he doesn't like is Obama's signature achievement as president.

Exactly.

Kim Davis is merely following a precedent set by Obama. She's following the Obama Doctrine. She should prepare an administrative order and stand behind its authority.
post #3096 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

The Supreme Court is bordering on illegitimacy.


You saying that pretty much proves the opposite.
post #3097 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Sexual activity does not create a protected class.
Non-sequitur.
And I'm pretty sure that for both straights and gays virgin marriages are permitted, if less common than they used to be.
post #3098 of 5129
So they're talking about that shooting in Cleveland, Mississippi, where a professor apparently killed another professor (and his girlfriend). And the girl on CNN says "Bo-lee-var County." Where do they find these people? Everyone knows it's pronounced Bah-liver.
post #3099 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

So they're talking about that shooting in Cleveland, Mississippi, where a professor apparently killed another professor (and his girlfriend). And the girl on CNN says "Bo-lee-var County." Where do they find these people? Everyone knows it's pronounced Bah-liver.


Serves them right say it right or move along . Oh wait it was the cnn girl ? Never mind

post #3100 of 5129
My favorite meme so far on this topic:

post #3101 of 5129


Actually from what i understand there wasn't a whole lot Freddie didn't like

post #3102 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post


Actually from what i understand there wasn't a whole lot Freddie didn't like

Do you not realize where you are? Stop trying to undermine my partisan snark with facts, brah.
post #3103 of 5129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Do you not realize where you are? Stop trying to undermine my partisan snark with facts, brah.


 Sorry. I'll stick to the narrative in the future

post #3104 of 5129
This is the problem with religion and partisan politics here...

Watching some shit before the debate about trump and the evangelicals. Come on. Everybody knows trump doesn't give a shit about the evangelicals. They are requesting that he start reading the bible. Trump ain't got time for that.

Nothing wrong with wanting a candidate who shares your views, but seems shitty that be has to woo a bunch of Iowa fanatics before getting to people who might actually want him. Seems like a great way to make sure your politicians are full of shit even before you elect them. Wouldn't it be better if he just said "look, I support a bunch of the same things you do, I just support them for different reasons and I don't keep a bible on my bedside table" than to force him to make up some bullshit about how he loves Jesus?
post #3105 of 5129
Trump can hire top men to read the Bible for him and he'll know more about it by election day than any evangelical.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob