or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 204

post #3046 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Really don't have a problem with the threat of it. I know I'd have to examine it harder were the rubber to meet the road.

Do all the ISIS-in-the-US photos on Instagram have you freaked too, or does this distaste only apply to religious, US hyper-conservatives?

"Examine it harder?" Meaning further analysis is required before you can decide whether you'd be supportive?
post #3047 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

ISIS in the US?  I must have missed them last time I was at the mall

They have a kiosk between the cellphone covers and the sunglasses.
post #3048 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

They have a kiosk between the cellphone covers and the sunglasses.

Due to transliteration errors, their signage reads "Forever 21".
post #3049 of 5110

Speaking of mall kiosks, I've often wondered about those touchy feely hot women selling dead sea salt skin products.  I figured they can't be ISIS because ISIS would not want me to have skin as soft as a baby's bottom.

post #3050 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Speaking of mall kiosks, I've often wondered about those dead sea salt merchants.  They are always touchy feely hot women that don't take no for an answer.  I figured they can't be ISIS because ISIS would not want me to have skin as soft as a baby's bottom.

Back in my college years, I briefly dated one of those Dead Sea salt girls. She was Israeli, as they all are , and smoking hot. I have fond memories every time I walk by one of those kiosks.
post #3051 of 5110
Thread Starter 
What is this Dead Sea salt thing? Granted I've only spent about an hour in malls in the last 10 years but I feel like I would have noticed a kiosk staffed only by hot middle eastern women.
post #3052 of 5110


Michael Kors/ISIS collab ss16 beheading wear

post #3053 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

What is this Dead Sea salt thing? Granted I've only spent about an hour in malls in the last 10 years but I feel like I would have noticed a kiosk staffed only by hot middle eastern women.

 

Each and every one of my male friends no matter what  race, religion or ethnicity has been reeled in by those sirens.  They are truly equal opportunity hustlers.  The last time I got away only because I thrust my g/f in front of me like she was a cross

 

"Back you temptress, BACK!!!" I shouted as we maneuvered past their rocky island...err...kiosk.  But all the while I was thinking that my skin was in desperate need of immediate exfoliation

post #3054 of 5110
Thread Starter 
A Canadian comedian has landed herself in a large pile of shit. She posted this video:

The response is predictable and she was fired from some movie she was going to be in. Fat people are rejoicing.

Here's a video reply from someone that fat people seem to think is worth listening to. I feel bad for her obvious distress.
post #3055 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

"Examine it harder?" Meaning further analysis is required before you can decide whether you'd be supportive?

Meaning at an arm's length, it's easy for me to support these people in their ideals. If they were to act on their rhetoric, I would have to examine more closely just how aligned I may/maynot feel towards their cause/methods/etc.

Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.
post #3056 of 5110
Thread Starter 
I just watched another video from the response girl. She referred to thin people as, "people that don't present as fat." Is she talking about Edina?
post #3057 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Meaning at an arm's length, it's easy for me to support these people in their ideals. If they were to act on their rhetoric, I would have to examine more closely just how aligned I may/maynot feel towards their cause/methods/etc.

Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.

So the direct answer is, "Yes, I'm undecided on whether I would approve of an armed assault on federal officers to prevent Kim Davis's incarceration or to spring her from jail" ?

Remind me which ideals these fuckwits embody?
post #3058 of 5110
Thread Starter 
My biggest problem with the Oathkeepers is they're trying to drape the flag around their actions when really the could give a fuck about the rule of law and instead seem to support some sort of Christian theocracy. That is about as antithetical as one could get from the position of the Framers.
post #3059 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

So the direct answer is, "Yes, I'm undecided on whether I would approve of an armed assault on federal officers to prevent Kim Davis's incarceration or to spring her from jail" ?

Remind me which ideals these fuckwits embody?

Yep; That whole Thomas Jefferson quote about revolution needing to be re-blooded every so often to stay fresh. I think the Oathkeepers are within their Constitutional rights to claim they'll do as much. I didn't mind people issuing threats about defending their property against the BLM either. FedGov should be scared of its people.

If they actually did go through with it, it would require me to actually reflect and see how closely identify with / support / deny their ideals. The line between terrorist and freedom fighter is often only defined by the winner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That is about as antithetical as one could get from the position of the Framers.

That's basically false. Don't buy into the post-modern "Deist" crap that's shoved at everyone as a way of rectifying the Founders' profound believe in base-Christianity as some sort of existential crap.
post #3060 of 5110
Thread Starter 
So you believe the Framers desired to create an Xtian theocracy? Why then did they bother with the whole church/state separation then? Just to fuck with people?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob