or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 179

post #2671 of 5329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post

forcible touching isn't forced like in rape or inability to consent. It's just intentionally touching a person's intimate parts for your own sexual purpose. It applies to pinching and squeezing. If you walked up to someone and grabbed their ass you cold be charged.

NY has some weird terms for their crimes

From the link:
Quote:
According to police, the forcible touching charge stems from physical contact and the student being incapable of giving consent to the physical contact due to being a minor.

confused.gif
post #2672 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

From the link:
confused.gif

Dude bro, he makes $200k/yr on these kinds of cases as 2nd year associate. Don't question him.
post #2673 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Dude bro, he makes $200k/yr on these kinds of cases as 2nd year associate. Don't question him.


He wins all his cases, brah. He can't be topped.
post #2674 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

From the link:
confused.gif
yeah, an adult can consent to the touch and it is not unlawful or a crime. He in incapable of consent because he is 16. So she can be charged with intentional touching.

Thr crime itself is still intentional touching of a person's intimate regions. It's similar to battery. You can consent to battery and it is no longer battery. If you're unable to consent, then they can be charged.

For inability to consent I was referring to forced rape and penetration. This is a misdemeanor not a felony.
post #2675 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Dude bro, he makes $200k/yr on these kinds of cases as 2nd year associate. Don't question him.
I left that thread because people failed to realize the law students in their 3L year are permitted in NY to represent criminal defendants in a law clinic. You appear and court and argue suppression regularly as a student. You just have be under the supervision of a licensed attorney as your co-counsel who essentially gets blamed for your wrongdoing. Law students are regularly in court during their final year arguing criminal defense matters, essentially a public defenders.
post #2676 of 5329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post

yeah, an adult can consent to the touch and it is not unlawful or a crime. He in incapable of consent because he is 16. So she can be charged with intentional touching.

Thr crime itself is still intentional touching of a person's intimate regions. It's similar to battery. You can consent to battery and it is no longer battery. If you're unable to consent, then they can be charged.

You really missed the part where the link says your original post was wrong?

You also might want to investigate your bolded claim too. I'm not making 200k a year as a second year lawyer but I'm aware consent is not waivable in many/most cases. There's been many cases on this stuff so it's not even in doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post

I left that thread because people failed to realize the law students in their 3L year are permitted in NY to represent criminal defendants in a law clinic. You appear and court and argue suppression regularly as a student. You just have be under the supervision of a licensed attorney as your co-counsel who essentially gets blamed for your wrongdoing. Law students are regularly in court during their final year arguing criminal defense matters, essentially a public defenders.

What does all this have to do with a guy claiming to make 200k as a second year lawyer and winning his cases?

confused.gif
post #2677 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You really missed the part where the link says your original post was wrong?

You also might want to investigate your bolded claim too. I'm not making 200k a year as a second year lawyer but I'm aware consent is not waivable in many/most cases. There's been many cases on this stuff so it's not even in doubt.
What does all this have to do with a guy claiming to make 200k as a second year lawyer and winning his cases?

confused.gif

So we were right, he is a law student?

Edit: when he said "second year associate" he meant "2L" and by "making $200k" he meant "paying $200k"
post #2678 of 5329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

So we were right, he is a law student?

My suspicion is he'll come back and tell us the cases he referenced, where he "won," were when he was still a student...even though, of course, he clearly portrayed himself as a highly compensated working attorney.

And yeah, just refreshed my understanding of battery and consent. A person cannot give consent to non-trivial harm.
post #2679 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

So we were right, he is a law student?

Edit: when he said "second year associate" he meant "2L" and by "making $200k" he meant "paying $200k"


Check my sig, he only wrote "2nd year." He intentionally left it vague as to whether he was an associate or a law student.

I think it's clear now which one he is.

Assuming any of that is true. He is probably actually an unemployed Political Science major.
post #2680 of 5329
This is reminding me of that hollywood big shot that loves ranch dressing...
post #2681 of 5329
Thread Starter 
Btw, does "failed to realize" mean something different than, "Didn't know?" Because, you know, we should all realize that 3L students in NY can do that...we just failed is all.

rolleyes.gif
post #2682 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

He wins all his cases, brah. He can't be topped.
Not even with consent?
post #2683 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Btw, does "failed to realize" mean something different than, "Didn't know?" Because, you know, we should all realize that 3L students in NY can do that...we just failed is all.

rolleyes.gif
I actually did that as a third year law student. It was lots of fun and a good learning experience. But it was in California. I suppose I "didn't realize" it happens in NY as well, in the sense that it never occurred to me to give a shit either way - although I did point out that if dickhead's entire story weren't made up out of whole cloth his experience of playing dress-up likely may have come in such a setting.
Of course, he ran away from that other thread not because of what people "didn't realize", but rather because people did realize he was talking out his ass.
post #2684 of 5329
Thread Starter 
Well maybe if you'd stop failing to realize all this shit you'd be making 200k a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I actually did that as a third year law student. It was lots of fun and a good learning experience. But it was in California. I suppose I "didn't realize" it happens in NY as well, in the sense that it never occurred to me to give a shit either way - although I did point out that if dickhead's entire story weren't made up out of whole cloth his experience of playing dress-up likely may have come in such a setting.
Of course, he ran away from that other thread not because of what people "didn't realize", but rather because people did realize he was talking out his ass.
post #2685 of 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Well maybe if you'd stop failing to realize all this shit you'd be making 200k a year.

Please, lawyerdad is old enough that he's surely caught up to a stud 2nd year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob