or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily CE Musings of Piob - Page 124

post #1846 of 5110
http://youtu.be/B3kngIqC1wg

NSFW
post #1847 of 5110
NSFW
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1848 of 5110
Fucking ACLU. It's like you've given up. Who are you anymore?
post #1849 of 5110
"I'm With Stupid" - a classic that never gets old.
post #1850 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

"I'm With Stupid" - a classic that never gets old.

It wasn't voluntary. My previous avatar of a finger poking a retard vagina was deemed inappropriate.
post #1851 of 5110
Always pushing the limits. You're a rebel.
post #1852 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

It wasn't voluntary. My previous avatar of a finger poking a retard vagina was deemed inappropriate.
I just see a landscape
http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/1644700/unnamed-png/sort/display_order/
post #1853 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I just see a landscape
http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/1644700/unnamed-png/sort/display_order/

Well that's one interpretation.
post #1854 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

It wasn't voluntary. My previous avatar of a finger poking a retard vagina was deemed inappropriate.

That took far longer then I thought it would.
post #1855 of 5110
Thread Starter 
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/oklahoma-dem-amendment-christian-businesses-must-post-notice-of-anti-gay-discrimination/comments/#disqus

Dem OK legislator puts forward a bill that would require businesses, like wedding cake makers, that don't want to make cakes for same sex marriages to put up a sign saying they won't serve gays. Is this a proper role for government?
post #1856 of 5110
What if they will serve gays but not gays getting married? Like Chuck and Edina go in for a Friday night slice of Gooey Butter Cake and the proprietor of the establishment is ok with that but not with selling them a big ol' wedding cake?
post #1857 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/oklahoma-dem-amendment-christian-businesses-must-post-notice-of-anti-gay-discrimination/comments/#disqus

Dem OK legislator puts forward a bill that would require businesses, like wedding cake makers, that don't want to make cakes for same sex marriages to put up a sign saying they won't serve gays. Is this a proper role for government?

Certainly no government has ever made stores put up signs about not serving groups of people...

What is interesting is a Republican just proposed a law that would remove the state from marriages. If any two people want to get married, they just file an affidavit with the state, and they get all the legal rights of being married. The D's have come out opposed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

What if they will serve gays but not gays getting married? Like Chuck and Edina go in for a Friday night slice of Gooey Butter Cake and the proprietor of the establishment is ok with that but not with selling them a big ol' wedding cake?

Still need to wear the red badge of bigotry.
post #1858 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Certainly no government has ever made stores put up signs about not serving groups of people...

What is interesting is a Republican just proposed a law that would remove the state from marriages. If any two people want to get married, they just file an affidavit with the state, and they get all the legal rights of being married. The D's have come out opposed.

Not an accurate summation. Here's a copy of the bill: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2015-16%20INT/hB/HB1125%20INT.PDF

People would only be allowed to get married by a member of the clergy only. WTF? For everyone else you can indeed file for the status of "common law marriage." Clearly they are setting up "marriage is just for us god fearing folk and you atheists, faggots and what-not get something else."
post #1859 of 5110
You're looking at an old version of the bill, Piob. The bill as passed by the House recognizes marriages performed by judges, as well (link to the passed version is below).

I'm actually a fan of the OK bill. I don't believe the state belongs in marriages at all, but their approach is a decent compromise. The state is basically saying, "fine, marry whoever you want. We're not going to be the arbiters of marriage anymore." I'm good with that.

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2015-16%20FLR/HFLR/HB1125%20HFLR.PDF
post #1860 of 5110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

You're looking at an old version of the bill, Piob. The bill as passed by the House recognizes marriages performed by judges, as well (link to the passed version is below).

I'm actually a fan of the OK bill. I don't believe the state belongs in marriages at all, but their approach is a decent compromise. The state is basically saying, "fine, marry whoever you want. We're not going to be the arbiters of marriage anymore." I'm good with that.

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2015-16%20FLR/HFLR/HB1125%20HFLR.PDF

Ah, that makes all the difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Daily CE Musings of Piob