or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Eating in DC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eating in DC - Page 18

post #256 of 269
I have been to Central for happy hour, never for a meal. It is Michel Richard's "diffusion line" restaurant (his main restaurant, Citronelle in Georgetown, is one of the best restaurants in the city), so the food should be very good. From what I remember, the tables are pretty close together and the restaurant gets pretty loud -- it's more of a power lunch than romantic restaurant.
post #257 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Yes, eaten there twice. Very good, casual food. Expensive though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I have been to Central for happy hour, never for a meal. It is Michel Richard's "diffusion line" restaurant (his main restaurant, Citronelle in Georgetown, is one of the best restaurants in the city), so the food should be very good. From what I remember, the tables are pretty close together and the restaurant gets pretty loud -- it's more of a power lunch than romantic restaurant.

Would either of you suggest a different place for a date? We are relatively young (I'm 21, she's 23), so someplace like The Prime Rib looks a little too old man-ish for me. And probably her, as well. But then again, this whole 'quality restaurant' thing is all new to us.
post #258 of 269
What are you looking for? I've been to Central on a date and it worked well. It wasn't candle-lights and violins romantic but it was definitely an impressive place to go to and was not stuffy at all especially at night.

Just to name some trendy places with good food and a cool scene: Church Key (gastro "pub" - not really a pub), Birch & Barley (classier sister restaurant to church key downstairs), Estadio (spanish small plates), Veritas (wine bar), Lost Society (new ), Lincoln (new). There are a shitload of restaurants here so I don't know what to tell you.
post #259 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

What are you looking for? I've been to Central on a date and it worked well. It wasn't candle-lights and violins romantic but it was definitely an impressive place to go to and was not stuffy at all especially at night.

Just to name some trendy places with good food and a cool scene: Church Key (gastro "pub" - not really a pub), Birch & Barley (classier sister restaurant to church key downstairs), Estadio (spanish small plates), Veritas (wine bar), Lost Society (new ), Lincoln (new). There are a shitload of restaurants here so I don't know what to tell you.

I have a reservation at Blue Duck Tavern at the moment. I actually have heard of some stuff on the menu and it doesn't look too bad. Hopefully it's impressive and has a good atmosphere.
post #260 of 269
Never been there but I think it's supposed to be nice. Now that I remember, in Glover Park (north of Georgetown) is one of my favorite restaurants called Bistro Lepic. Restaurant is downstairs, wine bar is upstairs. Wine bar is slightly less formal than the restaurant and I recommend it.
post #261 of 269
Bleh, Blue Duck is overrated.

Central is a but noisy, but it's casual enough with great food to make it a good date spot. I used to go there about once a week when I was living out in DC and saw several couples clearly on dates. The cocktails are solid as well, so that's also a plus for a date.
post #262 of 269
My wife and I enjoyed Bistro La Bonne, 1340 U St.
Well-made, classic French bistro fare.
post #263 of 269
Has anyone been to Quill at the Jefferson? I was thinking of going for drinks on Saturday night.
post #264 of 269
Meet up with Me and we can get stupid.
post #265 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

Meet up with Me and we can get stupid.

Would you and the gf be interested in meeting up with me and the gf at Jackie's sidebar?
post #266 of 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

Has anyone been to Quill at the Jefferson? I was thinking of going for drinks on Saturday night.

Actually had a drink at quill a few weeks ago. Nice little spot. Want to go there again and make it count (only had a beer my first time)
post #267 of 269
Slopho- of course. Just let me know.
post #268 of 269

Not the focus of this thread, but I am playing PA and need to make rezzys Friday night for several high level execs; someplace with a good bar, good wine list, and excellently prepared but not frumpy food. Near the Ellipse preferred.

 

~ H
 

post #269 of 269
J&G Steakhouse? Ardour in the St. Regis (has a great lounge/bar with a fire place)? EDGAR in the Mayflower?

J&G is the closest but I haven't eaten there. EDGAR has good food, and a fantastic bar but I think it furthest from the Ellipse. Ardour may be the best bet I think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Eating in DC