or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Google+ and Youtube
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google+ and Youtube

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I can't stand it. As a long time Youtube user I was recently forced to either join google+ or delete my youtube account and just lurk (not be able to do anything but "like" or "dislike" a video) so I just deleted my channel.

While I'm not really much of a troll, I really don't want my personal identity all over the internet with google+ which seems like what's happening. Perhaps I'm wrong but there doesn't really seem to be a way to avoid that.

Now, I'm guessing that my gmail account is going to be the same way. I'll be forced to link my gmail to google+.

I think google has gone way to far.
post #2 of 10
You can make a fake google+ account and link it to your youtube account. Then just don't post anything on the google+ account.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
^ It's much more than that. The comments are ruined, you can't reply to comments, you can't make comments, people don't want to risk privacy, etc.

I don't see this ending well.

I'd love to hear from someone that enjoys it as maybe they can give some insight. I don't see any benefits to it.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post

I can't stand it. As a long time Youtube user I was recently forced to either join google+ or delete my youtube account and just lurk (not be able to do anything but "like" or "dislike" a video) so I just deleted my channel.

While I'm not really much of a troll, I really don't want my personal identity all over the internet with google+ which seems like what's happening. Perhaps I'm wrong but there doesn't really seem to be a way to avoid that.

Now, I'm guessing that my gmail account is going to be the same way. I'll be forced to link my gmail to google+.

I think google has gone way to far.

Getting rid of Youtube trolls. What a terrible thing they're doing.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Getting rid of Youtube trolls. What a terrible thing they're doing.

That would be great if that's all it was.
post #6 of 10

I am having the same issue. When I am logged into my gmail, Youtube wants me to change my identity to be the same as Google. Previously, I had a youtube channel that was independent of it all, including FB. Now they are all linking up together. There are probably benefits for users as far as facility of sharing and keeping all your commenting in one place, so to speak. But I think the real purpose of this is to keep tabs on us--not just getting rid of trolls, but knowing exactly who is who, what we watch, how often, etc. With Google, its all linked together for all Google accounts now... youtube is now part of the family, and no doubt FB soon to come... I also don't see this ending well. But if you are already all over the net (like I am) then there's not much point resisting...? They already know its you, just by the mere fact that they are asking you if you want to link the accounts....

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tck13 View Post

That would be great if that's all it was.

I actually misread your post, thought you said "I'm mostly a troll." Kind of changed the interpretation there.

I don't like the G+ integration, but I never post comments so it's not a big deal.
post #8 of 10
I do a lot of online advertising. They mysteriously released an "estimated total conversion" stat in AdWords that accounts for cross device sales(conversions). So before if I wanted to track sales I would look at numbers that took into account someone clicking an ad, then buying the product on his computer. This new stat represents all of those sales plus sales like if he clicks an ad on his phone, and later buys on his home PC. It makes the cost per acquisition look A LOT better, and justifies me spending a lot more money advertising with google.

Their end game is have one profile for as many services as possible, so that we are all loged into google on every device we use. They know exactly where we are so they can target us and track us for advertising better. Google+ is important because people will just auto update a lot of relevant marketing information about themselves, making them easy to target. It's slowly working.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

I do a lot of online advertising. They mysteriously released an "estimated total conversion" stat in AdWords that accounts for cross device sales(conversions). So before if I wanted to track sales I would look at numbers that took into account someone clicking an ad, then buying the product on his computer. This new stat represents all of those sales plus sales like if he clicks an ad on his phone, and later buys on his home PC. It makes the cost per acquisition look A LOT better, and justifies me spending a lot more money advertising with google.

Their end game is have one profile for as many services as possible, so that we are all loged into google on every device we use. They know exactly where we are so they can target us and track us for advertising better. Google+ is important because people will just auto update a lot of relevant marketing information about themselves, making them easy to target. It's slowly working.

NSFW due to naughty language.


post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

I do a lot of online advertising. They mysteriously released an "estimated total conversion" stat in AdWords that accounts for cross device sales(conversions). So before if I wanted to track sales I would look at numbers that took into account someone clicking an ad, then buying the product on his computer. This new stat represents all of those sales plus sales like if he clicks an ad on his phone, and later buys on his home PC. It makes the cost per acquisition look A LOT better, and justifies me spending a lot more money advertising with google.

Their end game is have one profile for as many services as possible, so that we are all loged into google on every device we use. They know exactly where we are so they can target us and track us for advertising better. Google+ is important because people will just auto update a lot of relevant marketing information about themselves, making them easy to target. It's slowly working.

Do you use your real name or do you have a "page"? I have a page and I can't reply to comments on videos or thumbs up or down. Someone said that this was a bug but I'm not sure. Do you know anything about it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Google+ and Youtube