:DI am setting up a Vass shoes group buy with members in Australia, Singapore and New Zealand. Members from the other neighbouring countries who are interested, please PM me.
I have more details here from speaking to Vass. Will keep updating the thread as the propspective group buy firms up and/or more details come to hand.
We are apparently not restricted to only a few variations of last, style or leather although they would prefer if permutations were kept to a modest number.
It would be ideal if we can get at least about 12 orders to get a meaningful discount.
No definite pricing yet. They will talk about that when we have the numbers to show for it. I expect it to be much better than anything on retail (online or otherwise).
It should be competitive with the proxy sellers.
Nevertheless, depending on your order I am thinking it'll be around the low - mid 400s up to 500+ euros
shipped. This includes the standard Vass shoe trees.
Please bear in mind, this is only my guess
. We'll only know the price when we make the minimum order and Vass discloses the price.
Details like boots orders, shell cordovan, using the K, U or F lasts etc. will also determine the price.
Estimated delivery date would be around April 2014. I am hoping to be in Budapest then.
That means the orders and payment ought to be settled by late Jan 2014.
I'll throw some ideas for the Vass shoes/boots and interested parties can chime in on their thoughts. I am thinking we should keep it to perhaps 3 or 4 style options (eg. chukka boots or Adelaide oxfords) with slight variations in last, width and leather?
Chukka boots for versitility.
Calf/Suede Adelaides or wingtips.
Austerity Wingtip or some other boots variation?
U-cap brogue derby shoesCurrent Interested Parties:
1. eightace (F last, double monk, gold museum calf)
2. ovlov (F last, brogue wingtip oxford - Bordeaux)
3. arahat (F last, chukka boots with 1-inch higher in shaft height + double leather soles - navy scotchgrain, EU 41)
4. JayH (U Last, Adelaide punched toe cap oxford shoes, Double sole tapered to single at waist, flush metal toe caps - Oxblood. EU 43.5)
5. Osiris2012 (F-last, Adelaide with punch toe oxford shoes + double leather soles tapering to single - Oxblood calf, EU 42)
6. nabilmust ((F-last, Austerity wingtip boots + double leather soles tapering to single - Red Brown Suede, EU 41)
7. nelseypants (U last, chukka boots with double leather sole + topy and metal toe plate - Antic cognac calf leather)
8. Kaufebeen (U-last, derby shoes with U-cap brogues with flush metal toe tips and double leather soles tapering to single - ilcea leather)
9. Sartorial Scum (F last, Wingtip brogue oxford shoes - Dark Cognac Boxcalf, EU 41.5)
10. PDub (F-last, Old English II + single Redenbach sole with metal toe tips - Antique cognac calf, EU 43.5)
11, iamalfie (U last, Italian oxford shoes with v-cap - Oxblood)
12. external party (3636 last, brogue derby captoe shoes with double leather soles & flush metal toe tips - oxblood)Edited by arahat - 12/12/13 at 4:31am