or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Obama's Unravelling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama's Unravelling - Page 7

post #91 of 551
Or people would feel less inclined to work more, or work at all... something along those lines from what I read

Was it an article on The Economist?
post #92 of 551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Or people would feel less inclined to work more, or work at all... something along those lines from what I read

Was it an article on The Economist?

http://www.steynonline.com/6085/america-takes-early-retirement
post #93 of 551
Thread Starter 
Dr. Krauthammer on Fox Special Report with Bret Baier, the All-Star Panel, and they're discussing Obama's latest delay of the mandate.

KRAUTHAMMER: This is stuff that you do in a banana republic. It's as if the law is simply a blackboard on which Obama writes any number he wants, any delay he wants, and any provision. It's now reached a point where it is so endemic that nobody even notices or complains. I think if the complaints had started with the first arbitrary changes -- and these are not adjustments or transitions. These are political decisions to minimize the impact leading up to an election, and it's changing the law in a way that you are not allowed to do.

To hell with the Constitution!
post #94 of 551
post #95 of 551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


THOUGHT POLICE: FIRMS MUST SWEAR OBAMACARE NOT A FACTOR IN FIRINGS
Is the latest delay of ObamaCare regulations politically motivated? Consider what administration officials announcing the new exemption for medium-sized employers had to say about firms that might fire workers to get under the threshold and avoid hugely expensive new requirements of the law. Obama officials made clear in a press briefing that firms would not be allowed to lay off workers to get into the preferred class of those businesses with 50 to 99 employees. How will the feds know what employers were thinking when hiring and firing? Simple. Firms will be required to certify to the IRS – under penalty of perjury – that ObamaCare was not a motivating factor in their staffing decisions. To avoid ObamaCare costs you must swear that you are not trying to avoid ObamaCare costs. You can duck the law, but only if you promise not to say so.

[“That's the good thing about being president. I can do whatever I want.” – President Obama joking about getting a restricted-access tour of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello.]
post #96 of 551
I think ignoring the Constitution and becoming a dictator is okay because he's got our best interests at heart and cause he's cool.
post #97 of 551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

I think ignoring the Constitution and becoming a dictator is okay because he's got our best interests at heart and cause he's cool.

This.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/how-far-can-presidents-go-in-rewriting-laws/article/2543920?utm_source=Washington%20Examiner:%20Michael%20Barone%20Reoccurring%20-%2002/13/2014&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Washington%20Examiner:%20Michael%20Barone
Edited by meister - 2/13/14 at 7:20pm
post #98 of 551
This thread = sanity. Finally, I have found her.
post #99 of 551
post #100 of 551
Thread Starter 
Todays Obama joke..

U.S. President Barack Obama called on Ukraine's armed forces on Wednesday to stay out of the country's political crisis and warned that there would be consequences for those who "step over the line."


with over 50 dead and thousands injured in many cases seriously...and Putin trying to reassemble the Soviet Union.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-ukraine-obama-idUSBREA1I1AJ20140219
post #101 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Todays Obama joke..

U.S. President Barack Obama called on Ukraine's armed forces on Wednesday to stay out of the country's political crisis and warned that there would be consequences for those who "step over the line."


with over 50 dead and thousands injured in many cases seriously...and Putin trying to reassemble the Soviet Union.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-ukraine-obama-idUSBREA1I1AJ20140219

50 dead? Syria anyone? What a schmuck. You may be a socialist dictator in disguise, but some consistency ANYWHERE please...
post #102 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Todays Obama joke..

U.S. President Barack Obama called on Ukraine's armed forces on Wednesday to stay out of the country's political crisis and warned that there would be consequences for those who "step over the line."


with over 50 dead and thousands injured in many cases seriously...and Putin trying to reassemble the Soviet Union.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-ukraine-obama-idUSBREA1I1AJ20140219

Pot kettle black. The Ukraine isn't his concern nor ours as a country.
post #103 of 551
Thread Starter 
Krauthammer on Obama vs Putin = flaccid = goodbye Ukraine.

“The Ukrainians — and I think everybody — are shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statements,” Krauthammer began. “I find it rather staggering . . . What he’s saying is we’re not going to really do anything, and we’re telling the world.”

aka Czechoslovakia 1938 revisited

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/obama/krauthammer-obama-issued-flaccid-statement-russian-invasion/
post #104 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Krauthammer on Obama vs Putin = flaccid = goodbye Ukraine.

“The Ukrainians — and I think everybody — are shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statements,” Krauthammer began. “I find it rather staggering . . . What he’s saying is we’re not going to really do anything, and we’re telling the world.”

aka Czechoslovakia 1938 revisited

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/obama/krauthammer-obama-issued-flaccid-statement-russian-invasion/

 

There's no much anybody can do. I am not a fan of Obama or US international policy in general, but his options are really limited now.

This is just another sad attempt to disrespect Obama whenever possible. Nobody will risk to intervene so close to Russia, it would make

more harm than good anyway.

 

 

 


Edited by wojt - 3/5/14 at 5:26am
post #105 of 551
Krauthammer has turned into a complete hack. Dig up some old articles about the invasion of Georgia and he's 180 degrees.



It is pretty interesting that Romney got shit on for stressing that Russia was a major geopolitical foe during the campaign. Obama made some really cheap cracks about it. Well...how's that working out? I don't think Romney would have had any more luck dealing with this, but at least he identified a problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Obama's Unravelling