or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 666

post #9976 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUAN MANUEL View Post

Hello, yesterday recieved a pair of Gustin trainers in Siena with green tab, they are wonderful. I wonder if there is a proyect of offering the same in blue (like a blue/gray hue would be great).

I apply some dubbin to prevent stains, that made them a tad reddish, that is my standard method for new shoes to prevent stains. So here they are before the maiden voyage.




 

I agree the Gustin leather sneakers with lining are wonderful.  You requested a blue version.  Scan back a few pages in past postings and you will see they have had a blue low top and high top.  Also a few pages back in this forum I posted photos of the blue version, which I love.  Highly recommended.

post #9977 of 10340
Thank you, I am looking for low tops in blue suede for a more relaxed look. Country Attire in UK carries a pair of Gant in blue suede, I am looking for something similar to that. I missed the grey nobuck campaign (I hope they come back).
Edited by JUAN MANUEL - 9/11/16 at 9:26am
post #9978 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Well, IMO the L2 looks decent. 

Looks like the fit (Waist and back shape) is slightly better than the L1.

I don't know how much cost advantage they will have over Schott or similar US made heritage brands. 

Because, that's what you get with Gustin, a potential cost advantage. 

I own a Schott in Color 8 HH, and definitely think its a hard sell for the G if the price isn't right.

Full disclosure... I have a TON of Gustin stuff, so I am not hating at all. 


Yeah it looks much better than the L1 which was a disaster.  For me, the L2 doesn't work because I can't rock a Perfecto.  Moto inspired works for me, but not a full on motorcycle style.  Some military inspired (non bomber) styles would be cool in the future.

post #9979 of 10340
I'd kind of like to see them come out with a leather version of the trucker jacket (revised version). It could look pretty boss in Horween natural CXL.
post #9980 of 10340

what's the difference between classic and slim? the classic small and the slim medium are almost the same. only a half inch difference. is the cut the same? when reading their sizing chart, it feels like they have half sizes (slim s, class s, slim m, classic m, etc.) rather than an actual "slim" fit.

post #9981 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbconair View Post

what's the difference between classic and slim? the classic small and the slim medium are almost the same. only a half inch difference. is the cut the same? when reading their sizing chart, it feels like they have half sizes (slim s, class s, slim m, classic m, etc.) rather than an actual "slim" fit.
I mean isn't that what a slim fit version basically is? Slimmer arms, slimmer body, etc.
post #9982 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbconair View Post

what's the difference between classic and slim? the classic small and the slim medium are almost the same. only a half inch difference. is the cut the same? when reading their sizing chart, it feels like they have half sizes (slim s, class s, slim m, classic m, etc.) rather than an actual "slim" fit.

Anything that is a slim generally has similar "width" measurements to the size down but with the length of the indicated size. Slim M would fit like a Tall S basically.
post #9983 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by policecar View Post
 


Yeah it looks much better than the L1 which was a disaster.  For me, the L2 doesn't work because I can't rock a Perfecto.  Moto inspired works for me, but not a full on motorcycle style.  Some military inspired (non bomber) styles would be cool in the future.

 

Why do you say that the L1 was a disaster?

post #9984 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


I mean isn't that what a slim fit version basically is? Slimmer arms, slimmer body, etc.

maybe in gustin? but other brands (brooks brothers, jcrew, etc.) the cut is actually quite different.

post #9985 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post

Why do you say that the L1 was a disaster?

Those dumb button cuffs are totally out of place. Also, at $500+ the ultra basic shirt style leather jacket isn't cutting it. Why pay so much just to look like everyone else?
post #9986 of 10340
Edit.
post #9987 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by policecar View Post


Those dumb button cuffs are totally out of place. Also, at $500+ the ultra basic shirt style leather jacket isn't cutting it. Why pay so much just to look like everyone else?

 

I can think of 5 possible options for the cuffs:

(1) straight leather cuff with no slit

(2) stretch fabric cuff as often seen on military jackets

(3) slit cuff with zipper

(4) slit cuff with snap(s)

(5) slit cuff with button(s)

 

Did I miss any options?  Of these 5 options I think it needed to be either (4) or (5) on the L1.  (3) would have been wrong on the L1 because its not a moto style.  (1) and (2) are just bad.  I'm okay with the buttons.  Although I've not gotten to wear it yet to test them out due to still being hot here.

 

I also like the simple style but using unique high quality leather.  The color #8 CXL on my L1 is beautiful and unlike anything I've seen at a store where leather coats are routinely priced at $500+.  Definitely it doesn't look like what everyone else is wearing.  In fact, it would be more accurate to say that more people are wearing moto jackets like the L2 than like the L1.

 

I could probably find a custom made jacket that I'd like better, something from a high end long established leather coat company made in a beautiful horsehide, etc.  But I bet I'd pay $1000+ for it.

 

If you don't value the special leathers or made in USA then you could buy something less expensive in a store, made in Asia out of who knows what, but that doesn't seem like a fair comparison or basis for calling the L1 a disaster.

post #9988 of 10340
It's the new American way of looking at things.

"I don't like it, therefore it sucks."
post #9989 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

It's the new American way of looking at things.

"I don't like it, therefore it sucks."


Isn't the term Neo-American?

post #9990 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by policecar View Post


Those dumb button cuffs are totally out of place. Also, at $500+ the ultra basic shirt style leather jacket isn't cutting it. Why pay so much just to look like everyone else?


glib, silly crit but this made me curious. the L1 is essentially a pre-war style. if you look at vintage 30s jackets they often have button closures at the front and the cuffs. zips weren't yet super ubiquitous. i can understand why they kept the front zip to maintain a wide appeal.

 

if i were to order i might think about asking for a couple of extra buttons to adjust to measure , especially if the cuffs run big as stock.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread