I have been burned a couple times by Gustin by not checking measurements initially. I assumed the products would be nearly identical and kind of just threw them on for a bit and then went back a month later to check after experiencing discomfort or noticed something looking odd. Shocked to see some of the variance on products with the same tag size. The forum mentioned that different fabrics will fit significantly different though I always found that not a great explanation for inches off in measurements. Anyways, I ended up eating the costs of the stuff that didn't work out and learned a valuable/costly lesson when dealing with Gustin products. I still enjoy some of their offerings enough but I measure them everywhere to make sure things are good for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 665post #9961 of 102309/5/16 at 12:07pmQuote:post #9962 of 102309/5/16 at 12:58pmFor those with the Okayama Standards and other pairs of Gustin and or raw selvedge in general. Have any of you found the OKayamas shrink a lot more than the others? I bought a pair of 36's from a forum member and they fit more like a 38 Słim pair initially. Unfortunately, they shrank a ton and now fit like the 36 Słim that they're supposed to be and , stretch to a max of 37 inches. I'm considering buying again, but would definitely order the 38's. Just wondering if anyone can shed light on the possible excessive shrinkage of those, I feel like I've seen that brought up from time to time.
Edited by Rene_Lahm - 9/5/16 at 7:31pmpost #9963 of 102309/5/16 at 2:12pmpost #9964 of 102309/5/16 at 6:09pm
They've stated the general color -- "a classic blue warp on white weft composition". i.e. Classic dark indigo dyed blue jeans. May be some slight variance in the darkness of the dye, but probably nothing much to worry about. At 12 to 14 ounces they'll be in the lighter-weight end of the scale, good for wear throughout the year. The only really "uncertain" bit is the color of the selvedge id .post #9965 of 102309/5/16 at 9:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by skriefal
They've stated the general color -- "a classic blue warp on white weft composition". i.e. Classic dark indigo dyed blue jeans. May be some slight variance in the darkness of the dye, but probably nothing much to worry about. At 12 to 14 ounces they'll be in the lighter-weight end of the scale, good for wear throughout the year. The only really "uncertain" bit is the color of the selvedge id .
I may be overthinking this, but they also mention 12-16 ounces few rows below for the American. Having never dealt with the company before, I am not sure it is even worth the $20 or so one might save.post #9966 of 102309/7/16 at 6:35ampost #9967 of 102309/7/16 at 6:40ampost #9968 of 102309/7/16 at 8:55ampost #9969 of 102309/7/16 at 8:56amQuote:
It's posted its now on IG
I was more interested in the knits. Socks or sweaters? Hoping sweater. Edit looks like beaniespost #9970 of 102309/7/16 at 9:33ampost #9971 of 102309/7/16 at 12:22pm
Well, IMO the L2 looks decent.
Looks like the fit (Waist and back shape) is slightly better than the L1.
I don't know how much cost advantage they will have over Schott or similar US made heritage brands.
Because, that's what you get with Gustin, a potential cost advantage.
I own a Schott in Color 8 HH, and definitely think its a hard sell for the G if the price isn't right.
Full disclosure... I have a TON of Gustin stuff, so I am not hating at all.post #9972 of 102309/7/16 at 12:51pmpost #9973 of 102309/7/16 at 1:10pmpost #9974 of 102309/7/16 at 2:13pmpost #9975 of 102309/10/16 at 9:53amHello, yesterday recieved a pair of Gustin trainers in Siena with green tab, they are wonderful. I wonder if there is a proyect of offering the same in blue (like a blue/gray hue would be great).
I apply some dubbin to prevent stains, that made them a tad reddish, that is my standard method for new shoes to prevent stains. So here they are before the maiden voyage.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...