Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 9:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 662post #9916 of 104838/31/16 at 1:35pmpost #9917 of 104838/31/16 at 1:36pmpost #9918 of 104838/31/16 at 1:43pmpost #9919 of 104838/31/16 at 1:47pmpost #9920 of 104838/31/16 at 2:09pmpost #9921 of 104838/31/16 at 2:35pmpost #9922 of 104838/31/16 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Medoc
What do you guys think of the new trainer model kicks? I like but don't love them. Design looks pretty good overall but a bit odd for some reason, maybe its the prominent perforations. I'd definitely be in for them as a beater pair in a different color, probably grey or something. Price point at $140 seems reasonable if the material is consistent with the rest of their footwear line. Happy to see them expanding this section of their product offerings though, I've really enjoyed my #8 low tops. People ask me about them all the time.
They're ugly. For the price point buy some MiUSA NB instead
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalkpost #9923 of 104838/31/16 at 4:55pmpost #9924 of 104838/31/16 at 5:24pmpost #9925 of 104838/31/16 at 5:39pmpost #9926 of 104838/31/16 at 7:39pmpost #9927 of 104838/31/16 at 11:02pmpost #9928 of 104838/31/16 at 11:05pmQuote:
People not from the south can't be friendly?
: (post #9929 of 104839/1/16 at 3:11amQuote:Originally Posted by AlexTrebek
Just got the #1 USA Chino Short in Olive. Definitely happy with the fit and fabric. For the record, I’m 5’8”, about 155 lb.’s and a skinny/athletic build. The shorts are a size 31.When I first tried these on, they seemed bit tight, however after half a day of wear they loosened up. Granted I like my shorts on the snugger side, the very definition of an ill-fitting short for me would be flared out legs so your results may vary. Looking at the pictures i noticed the whiskers around the crotch and had to ask my girlfriend if the shorts came across as too tight, but she didn’t even notice so that’s good enough for me. The length is perfect where they naturally fall as well.The fabric is definitely A+ for what I’m used to. They have almost a silky smooth feel to them without feeling sheer. All the stitching and construction seems strong as far as I can tell. No Loose threads or obvious mistakes. Buttoning/unbuttoning the back pocket is a bit difficult, but I’m going to chalk that up to my lack of dexterity vs. a flaw in the shorts.The only other shorts I own are a pair of Levi’s Commuters, various cut off’s and an H&M pair. The H&M shorts would be the closest analogue to the Gustin’s and after wearing them around for a few days. I think the price hike for the better material is definitely worth it. So long as they stand the test of time.
There is a lot of whiskering on the front and back. I'd say those shorts can barely contain your package or rear end. They are struggling to avoid bursting.
No wonder your GF is happy with them.
I think they should lie smooth when you are standing, without fabric stretching that is indicated by the whiskers in your photos.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited by mountainman3520 - 9/1/16 at 11:00ampost #9930 of 104839/1/16 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Medoc
Yeah they could have been better. New balance definitely aren't an option for me though, I'm not into the big N on the sides. I'll stick with other models for now. Plenty of other brands with a better looking trainer at the moment. The excessive perforations are the deal breaker for me.
I agree that the perforations are excessive. Not sure if that's a deal breaker for me or not. But definitely less than ideal.
I think the shape and other styling are decent to good.
I dislike the two color combo versions, particularly because the color choices don't look good. But the all blue is nice. I think I'd like it better if the sole were a shade of blue or something with less contrast instead of bright white.
I'm not sure the idea of an athletic training shoe built of high end materials makes a lot of sense or fits into my wardrobe. If I'm really "training" I'd probably go for some high tech lightweight thing made of super breathable synthetic mesh and springy foam. Nice Italian leather and Italian construction? Not sure it makes sense unless it's not actually intended for training but instead to look like it's an athletic shoe when actually it's more of a fashion statement.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited by mountainman3520 - 9/1/16 at 11:03am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Minnis Tobacco "Slewfoot" Fresco GMTO 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...