First time Gustin customer. Are the CPOs a size larger? 40 1/2" chest for a S is big. I guess it'll be fine if I layer it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 653post #9782 of 103578/6/16 at 6:01pmpost #9783 of 103578/6/16 at 6:31pmQuote:
Hey, be glad there is any discussion on the forum. Sometimes it goes for days with no posts, and the average duration between "good posts" that have real product photos and reviews is weeks or months. I write a fairly large percentage of those so I reserve the right to repeatedly comment on the Gustin business model.
For each extensive photo shoot and review you post you earn a post complaining about my Gustin business model posts.
:)post #9784 of 103578/7/16 at 10:16amQuote:
I'll try to get one tonight or tomorrow.
5' 7" : 145lbs
174 cm : 66 kgspost #9785 of 103578/7/16 at 7:11pmpost #9786 of 103578/7/16 at 9:03pm
Where do you live that it's comfortable to wear a heavy leather jacket and 17oz denim this time of year?!
Jacket looks so excellent. I picked up a Natural CXL, but really want a black, too.
Quote:Originally Posted by jesses
Hey all! Long time Gustin customer. Received my first leather jacket from them in size S. Just wondering if it fits well. It's my first leather jacket and I am excited! Will definitely try to get the sleeves shorted. Common theme with most of my shirts/jackets.
Paired with the Blue 17 there.post #9787 of 103578/7/16 at 10:49pmpost #9788 of 103578/7/16 at 11:49pmQuote:Here's a photo of my Gustin CXL #8 Roller Belt(size 34) against my Apolis Brown Roll Belt(size 34). At first I was questioning myself about the color, but it's pretty obvious against the Apolis. The Gustin's a sewn 2 layer belt, but definitely a lot more solid than the Apolis. Scoring the Gustin at $40 was well worth it, I'm looking forward to see how it holds up. Would have bought a black one if they had my size (Should've asked). I'm happy with the fact that I can switch out the buckle, which I may do in the future (not to keen on the chrome). I've been happy with the Apolis, so far, and just may pick up their black roll belt since it's dropped down to $78. Sorry I can't speak on Gustin's current single offering, which is 8-9 oz., as opposed to mine which is 5 oz. CXL #8 and 5 oz. Herman Oak.post #9789 of 103578/8/16 at 5:51ampost #9790 of 103578/8/16 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Usonian
Wooooowee! scooped up some of those white sneakers on the moving sale yesterday. I may pick up those blaxkxblacks now too, just because I can... I mean, I want both...
Who has pictures handy that they want to share of the black black shoes? And the whites while we're at it?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are the whites (dirty version)
post #9791 of 103578/8/16 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by ninjabynight
Here's a photo of my Gustin CXL #8 Roller Belt(size 34) against my Apolis Brown Roll Belt(size 34). At first I was questioning myself about the color, but it's pretty obvious against the Apolis. The Gustin's a sewn 2 layer belt, but definitely a lot more solid than the Apolis. Scoring the Gustin at $40 was well worth it, I'm looking forward to see how it holds up. Would have bought a black one if they had my size (Should've asked). I'm happy with the fact that I can switch out the buckle, which I may do in the future (not to keen on the chrome). I've been happy with the Apolis, so far, and just may pick up their black roll belt since it's dropped down to $78. Sorry I can't speak on Gustin's current single offering, which is 8-9 oz., as opposed to mine which is 5 oz. CXL #8 and 5 oz. Herman Oak.
Nice! Thanks for the comparison.
I do think the Gustin two layers are a great value and I have their two layer roller in brown.
I currently prefer single layer construction belts and have other Horween CXL belts in the ~8oz thickness and they are plenty rugged. I bought them 1" shorter than usual assuming they would stretch a bit because CXL tends to be a bit stretchy, which is the reason Gustin originally gave for why they were using two layer construction. They have not yet stretched 1" but I have too many belts so they don't get lots of days of wear.
Looking for a 1 piece color #8 and matching boots. Might get the Vibergs that are currently available and look awesome (photo below). I was originally planning to get some Gustin CXL#8 boots but they have not been available. Did anyone ever receive theirs? If so, please post photos.
I'm into color #8 right now.post #9792 of 103578/8/16 at 2:57pmpost #9793 of 103578/8/16 at 8:45pmQuote:
Jacket looks good. Is that zipped or unzipped? Shoulders look a bid wider on you than my L on me. I suspect the right side looks more smooth when you don't have your arm up. Its always tough to get good selfie clothing photos without artifacts.
But why are you always wearing a black bag over your head??post #9794 of 103578/8/16 at 8:53pm
The Selvedge Super Heavy High Tops have finally reposted. I ordered from the first batch of these and liked the design but had to return due to an early quality control issue. I love my recently received Blue Gum Sole Low Tops and they did not have that old quality issue. I'm tempted to reorder the Selvedge Super Heavies. Hmmmmmm.post #9795 of 103578/8/16 at 8:57pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 16 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...