or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 644

post #9646 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkebh979 View Post
 

1st post - recent lurker...

 

Dipped my toe into Gustin with the frugal 1968 drop... we'll see where that goes.

 

How do Gustin's superlightweights play in the deep south?  Do you basically sock it away for all but 3 months of the year, or is it light enough for gulf coast weather?  TIA

 

I've had a pair of the cone superlights for about a month now in Dallas (highs in the upper 90s to low 100s most days).  Definitely cooler than other jeans but honestly not that significant.  I've been using them as night time patio jeans, but during the day when my trips outside are typically 10 minutes or less, I don't find them substantially better than my midweight jeans.  As with anything though, YMMV.

post #9647 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1445 View Post
 

I picked up the green in the last round. It's not a color you see everyday. As my first Gustin shirt, I'm pretty happy about it.


THanks.  Yeah, it's hard as heck to find green flannels. 

 

Were you happy with how the pattern looked once it was sewn up?

 

I really wish G would offer sewn up pics of all pieces that have been run more than once!
 

post #9648 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfi73 View Post
 

 

I've had a pair of the cone superlights for about a month now in Dallas (highs in the upper 90s to low 100s most days).  Definitely cooler than other jeans but honestly not that significant.  I've been using them as night time patio jeans, but during the day when my trips outside are typically 10 minutes or less, I don't find them substantially better than my midweight jeans.  As with anything though, YMMV.

 

Thanks @crossfi73 - I'm in Houston most of the time so if I swap some temperature degrees for dewpoint degrees, I'd wager it's pretty close to Dallas weather.  

 

Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem to get an appropriate break-in, starting in October. :fonz:

post #9649 of 10340
Just got notification that these two short sleeved button up shirts shipped (in case anyone else is on them). Perfect timing for this abysmal weather currently on the east coast.

Short Sleeve Double Red Gingham
https://www.weargustin.com/store/3394

Short Sleeve White Stripe Seersucker
https://www.weargustin.com/store/3462
post #9650 of 10340
Has anyone else been wearing their Irish Linen Superlights? I'm wondering how much stretch to expect. Mine are snug in the top block like regular jeans, so I hope they have a fair amount of stretch.

Alternatively, if anyone has a pair of 33 straights they don't want, and want to sell or trade for 32 straight, just let me know.
post #9651 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by pima1234 View Post


I just cold soaked my pair of the Italian linen super lights. Two years but not a lot of wear. They shed indigo like crazy. I've never had a pair of any brand fill the tub to such a blue. Was actually worried I made permanent damage to the bathroom!

Funny hung is after a day and half drying. There's barely and sign if wear. Was hoping for some fades. Lol.. Kind of a bummer....wonder if its the linen mixture.....

Anyone else have any experience with this fabric. I think it's the #225
Edited by kbuzz - 7/18/16 at 10:29am
post #9652 of 10340

Interesting.

 

I didn't get the Italian Linen Super Light. (maybe that's a good thing...?)

 

I mean, most of us want to see at least some natural fading over time.

post #9653 of 10340
Anyone looking to pick up a v1 duffel in olive for cheap? I'm selling mine:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/525859/gustin-waxed-canvas-duffel-in-olive
post #9654 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by pima1234 View Post

Interesting.

I didn't get the Italian Linen Super Light. (maybe that's a good thing...?)

I mean, most of us want to see at least some natural fading over time.

Yes i think you made the right move....im wondering in the linen mixture resists fades...
post #9655 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuzz View Post

I just cold soaked my pair of the Italian linen super lights. Two years but not a lot of wear. They shed indigo like crazy. I've never had a pair of any brand fill the tub to such a blue. Was actually worried I made permanent damage to the bathroom!

Funny hung is after a day and half drying. There's barely and sign if wear. Was hoping for some fades. Lol.. Kind of a bummer....wonder if its the linen mixture.....

Anyone else have any experience with this fabric. I think it's the #225
Mine did the same thing and still bleed like crazy after several wears. Still look brand new.
post #9656 of 10340

Short sleeve Oxford shirts are nice.

 

Charcoal arrived today. Blue arrived a little while ago.

post #9657 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuzz View Post

I just cold soaked my pair of the Italian linen super lights. Two years but not a lot of wear.

How much do they usually stretch? About like cotton jeans, or not as much?
post #9658 of 10340

The blue tee shirt addiction continues...

 

https://www.weargustin.com/store/3733

 

There should be rehab facilities for this.

post #9659 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfi73 View Post

The blue tee shirt addiction continues...

https://www.weargustin.com/store/3733

There should be rehab facilities for this.
Got in on this one, because they're V-necks.
post #9660 of 10340

Do you guys take the same size in the t-shirts as their other shirts? I have one round of t-shirts coming but they haven't landed yet, and I'm thinking about grabbing those blue v-necks as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread