"We won't be making chinos from denim"
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 634post #9497 of 105436/24/16 at 12:43pmpost #9498 of 105436/24/16 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Medoc
You're absolutely right on G needing an improvement in QC. Most of my items come in fine but more than a couple have needed to be sent back. As long as you thoroughly inspect your items upon arrival, you should be good to go. My shoes and T's from Gustin are usually legit, but I've had a few issues with the denim arriving off spec. It's frustrating if it's an item I really wanted, but having a store credit balance is kind of fun in its own little way. I look at it as just part of the Gustin experience.
most of my stuff came within spec also. I should note too that specs will be out of whack regardless of brand. I bought a pair of 3sixteen st-100x denim in a size 33 not too long ago and every site I visited that listed the waist measurements had them at 34", but my pair came in at 33.5". Not a deal breaker as I can squeeze into them no problem and they will stretch, my point being that even other brands can have issues with fit. i've found that the weight of denim, for example, can largely dictate whether or not you stick with your normal size or go up a size.post #9499 of 105436/24/16 at 1:31pmQuote:
Beginning to think the leather jackets must not look that great in person/worn and perhaps people are embarrassed they dropped the $ on it?
Over on the leather jacket thread, pictures are routinely posted within minutes/hours of people getting a new jacket to get fit opinions but its been almost a week now?post #9500 of 105436/24/16 at 1:40pm
Agreed, particularly about the denim weight.
I'm good in the slim fit with their summer weight jeans, but the American slim fit are pretty tight. They will stretch and then shrink slightly in the wash. Should all balance out in the end.
I'm not as concerned about the fit as I am the finish and then issues such as stains, stray marks, etc. that I've experienced.
All in all, the Gustin jeans are nicer than your standard fare, and with more variety than anyone else, AFAIK.
Quote:Originally Posted by gaseousclay
most of my stuff came within spec also. I should note too that specs will be out of whack regardless of brand. I bought a pair of 3sixteen st-100x denim in a size 33 not too long ago and every site I visited that listed the waist measurements had them at 34", but my pair came in at 33.5". Not a deal breaker as I can squeeze into them no problem and they will stretch, my point being that even other brands can have issues with fit. i've found that the weight of denim, for example, can largely dictate whether or not you stick with your normal size or go up a size.post #9501 of 105436/24/16 at 2:08pmpost #9502 of 105436/24/16 at 2:27pmQuote:
Same. I went browsing other sites in hopes of finding, but no luck. Maybe Gustin put a note in the packaging not to post pictures, haha.
My natural L1 is set to arrive tomorrow, but its shipping to my office, so I won't have in hand until Monday. Such a shame not to have it handy for a Texas summer Saturday night...post #9503 of 105436/24/16 at 3:22pmQuote:
To be fair, it is nearly July and hot as f*ck outside. It's hardly jacket weather
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalkpost #9504 of 105436/24/16 at 4:16pmpost #9505 of 105436/24/16 at 4:30pmpost #9506 of 105436/24/16 at 4:34pmpost #9507 of 105436/24/16 at 6:02pmpost #9508 of 105436/24/16 at 7:34pmQuote:
Thats horrible news. I own 8 gustin t's and they all fit the same.
I got the oil washed today and it's a way too tight and going back. I also have the heavy indigo on order and v.1 of it fit very nice. I'm thinking they tweaked their pattern.
Really not happy with Gustin much anymore. T shirts too tight, button downs too tight in the chest. Jeans are not bad.
I'll be back next week with my report on the heavy indigo.post #9509 of 105436/24/16 at 7:43pmpost #9510 of 105436/24/16 at 7:44pmIt's been a while since I used this account, but since I see everyone clamoring for pictures, I'll post a few.
I've been a little disappointed that some loose grain creasing has developed on one of the sleeves, but I'm otherwise very pleased with the jacket.
Pictures of the rest of the jacket. The left side in general seems to have a looser grain, as demonstrated in the photos.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 seconds ago
- › Junkard Boots 31 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Rubber Overshoes -- Strictly for Old Men? 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway