But after you wash, don't they re-shrink a bit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:44 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 622post #9316 of 103575/30/16 at 6:55pmpost #9317 of 103575/30/16 at 6:58pmpost #9318 of 103575/30/16 at 7:05pmpost #9319 of 103575/30/16 at 7:13pmQuote:
Alittle of both.
All I know for sure is that I've recieved 12 pairs from Lord G, of those 6 sewed up small or shrunk (after a warm 20 min soak).
50/50 not a good record for me.
Don't get me wrong, I love G and recommend them. But only denims that have been offered before and can be researched as to how they have sewn up and how others have found them to wear/shrink/etc.
I have enough denim so from now on I'll be looking for RTW and that I'm given spacific measurements of for a spacific pair.post #9320 of 103575/30/16 at 7:51pmpost #9321 of 103575/30/16 at 8:08pmpost #9322 of 103575/30/16 at 8:13pmpost #9323 of 103575/31/16 at 6:35amQuote:Originally Posted by crossfi73
On a less happy note, looking for advice on something. I ordered a pair of Grey Silks out of the stock store a couple months ago in size 31. Love the look of them, but after 5 or 6 wears, I simply can't get them to stretch enough. I've tried wearing them wet and stretching, and all I seem to be accomplishing is loosening the stitching around the fly. They are overly tight pretty much from the knee up.
I own two other pairs of Gustins - some Okayama Rainbow IDs in 31, and some cone mills in 32. The Okayamas fit perfectly after about 5 wears, and the cone mills have stretched a bit too much after probably 20 or 30 wears, but they are acceptable.
What else can I try? $160 is a lot to spend on closet decoration, but I've run out of ideas and they are beyond return condition. Further, how do I adjust future ordering? The Greys fit about the same as the Okayamas on day 1. Only difference is one pair stretched and the other seems to be about the same size as day 1.
Appreciate any ideas you all have.
Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat and selling my Grey Silks as well. As someone mentioned, depending on the material there is more or less stretch and this pair is one that has less stretch to them. I had the same issue with the selvedge cords, which Gustin told me they typically suggest 1 size up due to the less stretch; luckily I was able to return that pair.
If they don't fit, and have little chance of fitting, then you will just have to sell them at a (hopefully slight) loss. Not sure if Gustin puts the "size up 1 for this material" for these in the descriptions (like how they do for the loomstates) but it would be helpful for us buyers who just buy the same size & assume they will fit the same.post #9324 of 103575/31/16 at 8:12ampost #9325 of 103575/31/16 at 5:38pmpost #9326 of 103575/31/16 at 5:45pmpost #9327 of 103575/31/16 at 5:48pm
Thanks - are they generally pretty lax in putting updates on closed/funded orders? I'm in on the Brown Horween belt from several weeks ago as well as the Pigment-dyed v-necks from early April. There's an update on the shirts from a couple weeks ago that says the shirts should have started shipping this week. I dunno - A little more communication would be nice... Have they been better or worse in the past?post #9328 of 103575/31/16 at 5:52pmpost #9329 of 103575/31/16 at 6:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by CanadaCal
Try not to get to hung up on updates. It get frustrating.
All my stuff aside from 1 were delivered towards the middle to end of the estimated delivery period.
If you like the fit it's worth the wait. Materials and construction are excellent for the $. The wait is the drawback.
Honestly, I mind the wait less than the lack of or erratic communication. I'm not stressing. It just seems like a very simple thing to do well, even if it is just "No update this week - waiting for more info from the plant - will post any information we get before next week if possible"
Edited by M635Guy - 6/1/16 at 5:09pmpost #9330 of 103576/1/16 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by M635Guy
Thanks - are they generally pretty lax in putting updates on closed/funded orders? I'm in on the Brown Horween belt from several weeks ago as well as the Pigment-dyed v-necks from early April. There's an update on the shirts from a couple weeks ago that says the shirts should have started shipping this week. I dunno - A little more communication would be nice... Have they been better or worse in the past?
Sometimes sh*t happens that can cause delays, but G is usually consistent with updates.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 18 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 32 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 50 seconds ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...