Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 2:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 587post #8792 of 105773/14/16 at 9:19amQuote:
Most boat shoes have that seam.
I think $160 is too much given I can get an Allen Edmonds Kirkwood or Maritime which is made of chromexcel and which will fit me really well since they have width sizing for $175--and that's before the sales that they inevitably have on them (last year, I got my Kirkwoods for $125).post #8793 of 105773/14/16 at 9:20am
Pretty good discount from the brand:
Assuming Rancourt is the one making these for them.post #8794 of 105773/14/16 at 9:20ampost #8795 of 105773/14/16 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by crossfi73
Pretty good discount from the brand:
Assuming Rancourt is the one making these for them.
I don't think they're Rancourts. The stitching near the eyelets is different.post #8796 of 105773/14/16 at 9:26ampost #8797 of 105773/14/16 at 9:54ampost #8798 of 105773/14/16 at 10:02ampost #8799 of 105773/14/16 at 10:11amQuote:Originally Posted by venividivicibj
So the boat shoes are made most likely by the same people (both in maine) as sperry. For the same price (or a bit more) than the sperry gold cup (the premium line). And you have to wait a few months.
So, same people, same (or more expensive) price. Longer wait.
I don't see the savings.
From Sperry's website:
"Gold Cup shoes by Sperry feature exquisite hand-sewn craftsmanship, and are made from superior materials like premium Italian leather, rawhide laces, 18k gold-plated eyelets, and super soft lambskin lining."
I think Gustin's sell is that they are using Horween cxl leather, so it's a true made in America boat shoe, so I assume their price point is aimed in comparison to Rancourt or Oak Street. I'm personally not really into boat shoes (I prefer penny loafers), but it looks like a good product to add to G's shoe line.post #8800 of 105773/14/16 at 10:34am
Italian leather is not necessarily inferior to horween though...
(many high priced dress shoe makers use French/German/Italian calf for their shoes, only using Horween for more casual leathers CXL/Shell/etc)
I understand your point about the 'made in america' comp, but if sperry is literally made by the same people it seems weird to compare to rancourt or oak.post #8801 of 105773/14/16 at 10:37amQuote:
I agree 100%, but from a price comparison, I'm assuming Gustin is simply comparing $160 to other Horween leather boat shoes from Rancourt & Oak St Bootmakers ($250-260 range)post #8802 of 105773/14/16 at 10:39ampost #8803 of 105773/14/16 at 11:13ampost #8804 of 105773/14/16 at 12:56pmpost #8805 of 105773/14/16 at 1:36pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new hairstyle 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Japan 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 7 minutes ago
- › Pant's too tapered? 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...