or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 2925
Ok, that's what I needed to hear to push me over the edge. I'm in.

Thanks folks!
post #827 of 2925
Any plans on doing a Black x Black soon?
post #828 of 2925

My 31 Slim Cone Pima fires arrived last week.  I can button them all the way and sit down in them, but they are snug, not only in the waist, but also in the hips and butt. As in, it takes some effort to put my hands in my pockets. Will the whole upper block stretch, or just the waist. If just the waist, I may need to size up.

post #829 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourspin View Post

My 31 Slim Cone Pima fires arrived last week.  I can button them all the way and sit down in them, but they are snug, not only in the waist, but also in the hips and butt. As in, it takes some effort to put my hands in my pockets. Will the whole upper block stretch, or just the waist. If just the waist, I may need to size up.

My Japan Classics were the same. Especially through the hips and butt. Same deal with the pockets. Now they fit outstanding. 32 Straight fwiw.

Getting my Okas today.
post #830 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post


My Japan Classics were the same. Especially through the hips and butt. Same deal with the pockets. Now they fit outstanding. 32 Straight fwiw.

Getting my Okas today.

Thanks, John. I hope they stretch pretty quickly!

post #831 of 2925
My Cone Pima Fires landed today in my mail box, they look great but one problem, the jeans were not the 36" I ordered back in November but much closer to 34". I'm in contact with Gustin regarding a possible return and exchange. Pity, I love the denim. I hope they get the Black Friday order right in terms of sizing.

Update: The jeans are going back.
Edited by Bill Smith - 1/21/14 at 2:21pm
post #832 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer99 View Post

Has anyone on here backed the olive trucker jacket? Can you tell me how you see yourself wearing that color? I had an instant positive reaction to the idea of this jacket in this color, but I'm second guessing it. I"m not sure if I can picture myself in it, although I'm told green works well for me.

Thoughts, please?

Backed the second batch

International shipping is killer but will be worth it as long as it fits 

 

Wish you could see how many orders an item needs to reach 100%

post #833 of 2925
Any plan on short sleeve oxford or chambray?
post #834 of 2925

Hi guys!

I'm new here, so thanks for the thread and all the feedback!

 

I usually wear 519 levis 31x34, so it is more like skinny/slim.

 

Here's the size after +1year of wearing: 34 x 21.4 x 15.7 x 13.8. That's my sweet spot.

 

Gustin slim fit 32 will be ok after 1'' stretching on the waist but too large on thighs.

Gustin slim fit 31 will fit better on thighs but is very tight on the waist.

 

Basically I can completely close the 32 whereas I'll probably won't be able to do so for the 31 at the beginning. Has anyone experienced this gradual closing thing?

 

I'm ready to suffer a bit because I really want to keep the skinny/slim aspect on thighs, but is it reasonable to expect a 2/2.5'' stretch for the waist on a 14.5 oz (Black2)?

 

Some people say yes (cases of 29 slim stretching to 32.5 at the community forum on weargustin), others no. :bounce2:

 

Any feedback is most welcome! :decisions: 


Edited by massi - 1/22/14 at 4:34am
post #835 of 2925

Sizing question: if I'm a 33 slim, what would that correspond to in straight? 32? I'm thinking of getting a heavier weight denim and want it to be a little roomier, but not turn of the 20th century dockworker roomy.

post #836 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by massi View Post

Hi guys!
I'm new here, so thanks for the thread and all the feedback!

I usually wear 519 levis 31x34, so it is more like skinny/slim.

Here's the size after +1year of wearing: 34 x 21.4 x 15.7 x 13.8. That's my sweet spot.

Gustin slim fit 32 will be ok after 1'' stretching on the waist but too large on thighs.
Gustin slim fit 31 will fit better on thighs but is very tight on the waist.

Basically I can completely close the 32 whereas I'll probably won't be able to do so for the 31 at the beginning. Has anyone experienced this gradual closing thing?

I'm ready to suffer a bit because I really want to keep the skinny/slim aspect on thighs, but is it reasonable to expect a 2/2.5'' stretch for the waist on a 14.5 oz (Black2)?

Some people say yes (cases of 29 slim stretching to 32.5 at the community forum on weargustin), others no. bounce2.gif

Any feedback is most welcome! decisions.gif  

Haha those are my 29 slims (heavy Americans at 16.25 oz) and it stretched to 32". I would honestly say it's not the norm to expect 2-2.5" of stretch. On the other hand, my 29" slim heavy Japan's at 15oz stretched 1" to 30.5" and are still stubborn and tight at the waist. It's given me the most trouble out of 6-7 gustin jeans I've tried. I'll have to see how the American 16er and super heavy (18 oz) fare. The other jeans are less than 15 oz and have been significantly easier to break in
post #837 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post


Haha those are my 29 slims (heavy Americans at 16.25 oz) and it stretched to 32". I would honestly say it's not the norm to expect 2-2.5" of stretch. On the other hand, my 29" slim heavy Japan's at 15oz stretched 1" to 30.5" and are still stubborn and tight at the waist. It's given me the most trouble out of 6-7 gustin jeans I've tried. I'll have to see how the American 16er and super heavy (18 oz) fare. The other jeans are less than 15 oz and have been significantly easier to break in

Lol exactly, small Gustin world I guess! :cheers: OK so your experience is basically <15Oz and ready to suffer, you can expect a 2'' stretch. I hope it will work for the Black2!

post #838 of 2925

Would anyone care to measure the thigh of their Slim Fit size 36 or 35s for me as shown below, rather than 2 inches down from the crotch as described in their 'Fit Guide'? Would be much appreciated.8-Thigh.jpg

post #839 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
 

Sizing question: if I'm a 33 slim, what would that correspond to in straight? 32? I'm thinking of getting a heavier weight denim and want it to be a little roomier, but not turn of the 20th century dockworker roomy.

I wear the same size in Gustin straight and slim. The waist on the slim is slightly tighter (since it sits lower on the hips) but that isn't significant, and it stretches out to fit.

 

However, if you found your slims to be a bit on the roomy side, you might want to try sizing down for the straight.

post #840 of 2925
My experience is slightly different than what has been mentioned before of 1 inch stretch. I have ordered two pair of 31's one slim one straight. Both have been worn 50+ times and they only stretched about .5 to .75 inches.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread