or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 546

post #8176 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post

Could someone please post photos of what they received and an explanation of why they say they received twill shirts instead of a chambray?  This is surprising to me.  Gustin knows fabric well and the ad was completely clear about the shirts being a mystery chambray, if I recall correctly.  It doesn't seem like they would deliberately send people the wrong type of shirt.

The Black Friday deals were not grab bag deals and shouldn't have somehow transformed into the same thing as the grab bag deal.

Here's what I received. Apologies for the tone of my original post. I just find it really odd to have this happen and not even issue an explanation. The shirt is a nice one. No interest in returning it. I just think a company that excels at knowing its fabric as a core part of its business model should at least let backers know that there was an issue shipping what was offered.
[IMG]
post #8177 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjt View Post

Here's what I received. Apologies for the tone of my original post. I just find it really odd to have this happen and not even issue an explanation. The shirt is a nice one. No interest in returning it. I just think a company that excels at knowing its fabric as a core part of its business model should at least let backers know that there was an issue shipping what was offered. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
[IMG]

That's not a chambray? eh.gif

Also, workshirts are back!!1! bounce2.gif

With the one workshirt I already own. confused.gif
post #8178 of 10340

Workshirt AND a white/wine oxford combo

 

Ask and you shall receive gentleman! Thanks @joshgustin 

post #8179 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjt View Post


Here's what I received. Apologies for the tone of my original post. I just find it really odd to have this happen and not even issue an explanation. The shirt is a nice one. No interest in returning it. I just think a company that excels at knowing its fabric as a core part of its business model should at least let backers know that there was an issue shipping what was offered.
[IMG] Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hmmm - this does appear to have a twill weave - making it pretty much denim, no? It looks like a great fabric, but I can understand if it's not what was expected. 

post #8180 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post


That's not a chambray? eh.gif

Also, workshirts are back!!1! bounce2.gif

With the one workshirt I already own. confused.gif

 

I have to admit I was already trying to read into that email, since they used the plural I am really hoping that it means multiple types of workshirts are back and coming and not just that Khaki WS.

 

I really really want a classic Heavy Indigo Denim workshirt with proper Orange stitching.

 

How else am I going to create my Canadian Tuxedo?!

post #8181 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

Hmmm - this does appear to have a twill weave - making it pretty much denim, no? It looks like a great fabric, but I can understand if it's not what was expected. 

I think there was a quote somewhere of Gustin customer service having said that it was a mistake on the part of a new employee, but without seeing the email it's hearsay. Either way, I think it's likely that this is what @mnjt is referring to. It is a very chambray looking twill, the crosshatch is really quite impressive, and at a distance it does certainly read like a chambray. Opinion on the fabric is it's very soft, which usually requires break-in on a heavier chambray, so for people that are into the fabric, I think they still got a pretty good deal. People that aren't should contact customer service if they'd like a more direct response from Gustin -- they don't have a track record of responding to public shaming. :)

post #8182 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
 

 

I have to admit I was already trying to read into that email, since they used the plural I am really hoping that it means multiple types of workshirts are back and coming and not just that Khaki WS.

 

I really really want a classic Heavy Indigo Denim workshirt with proper Orange stitching.

 

How else am I going to create my Canadian Tuxedo?!

You're in Alberta. Everyone knows you already have a Canadian Tuxedo. 

post #8183 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by exophobe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

Hmmm - this does appear to have a twill weave - making it pretty much denim, no? It looks like a great fabric, but I can understand if it's not what was expected. 

I think there was a quote somewhere of Gustin customer service having said that it was a mistake on the part of a new employee, but without seeing the email it's hearsay. Either way, I think it's likely that this is what @mnjt is referring to. It is a very chambray looking twill, the crosshatch is really quite impressive, and at a distance it does certainly read like a chambray. Opinion on the fabric is it's very soft, which usually requires break-in on a heavier chambray, so for people that are into the fabric, I think they still got a pretty good deal. People that aren't should contact customer service if they'd like a more direct response from Gustin -- they don't have a track record of responding to public shaming. :)


Fair enough to consider it hearsay until you see it in writing, but I have an email from G telling me it's twill. They offered an exchange, but I actually really like the shirt.

I won't make the private email public, as that feels shady to me, but I can tell you it's definitely twill.

/mobile
post #8184 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 


 I was kinda bummed to not get a chambray but the style that I received has been consistently labeled as a chambray in their past sales so....... it is what it is I suppose.

 

Could someone please post photos of what they received and an explanation of why they say they received twill shirts instead of a chambray?  This is surprising to me.  Gustin knows fabric well and the ad was completely clear about the shirts being a mystery chambray, if I recall correctly.  It doesn't seem like they would deliberately send people the wrong type of shirt.

 

The Black Friday deals were not grab bag deals and shouldn't have somehow transformed into the same thing as the grab bag deal.


@mountainman3520, I posted close up pics of warp and weft in New Arrivals. Go ahead and check em out. They are definitely twill. I also admit that G knows more about fabric than I do by a long shot (funny how the internet + knowing more than your average bear makes me feel like a qualified expert in a anything), but they directly told me it was twill.

/mobile
post #8185 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercats View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 


 I was kinda bummed to not get a chambray but the style that I received has been consistently labeled as a chambray in their past sales so....... it is what it is I suppose.

 

Could someone please post photos of what they received and an explanation of why they say they received twill shirts instead of a chambray?  This is surprising to me.  Gustin knows fabric well and the ad was completely clear about the shirts being a mystery chambray, if I recall correctly.  It doesn't seem like they would deliberately send people the wrong type of shirt.

 

The Black Friday deals were not grab bag deals and shouldn't have somehow transformed into the same thing as the grab bag deal.


@mountainman3520, I posted close up pics of warp and weft in New Arrivals. Go ahead and check em out. They are definitely twill. I also admit that G knows more about fabric than I do by a long shot (funny how the internet + knowing more than your average bear makes me feel like a qualified expert in a anything), but they directly told me it was twill.

/mobile

Oh ha, my "proof pics" are in the Gustin/New Arrivals section of the Selvege and Style forum, not Style forum. Sometimes I forget what forum I'm on using tapatalk

/mobile
post #8186 of 10340

Here.  I got the red version of the blue Black Friday posted above.

 

I have a couple G chambrays, and this sir, does not look like a chambray to me though I did find a past campaign they ran that listed it as a chambray.

 

It's not a huge deal, I would rather a proper chambray though.  The cheap price and mystery part ...........well it was a mystery!

 

post #8187 of 10340

That is weird. I've never owned a chambray before, and didn't think anything of it until now. It is a blue twill fabric. I really like the fabric, it's very soft a nice - but it does seem surprising they ended up switching like that.

post #8188 of 10340

You guys are causing me to research and learn exactly what differentiates these fabrics such as chambray and twill.  I usually think I know when I see it but I'm not sure I can technically define the key differences or judge subtle examples.

 

I've been really wanting one of the postal herringbone workshirts but sadly I think that fabric is dead so I'm SOL.

 

This recently posted japan khaki workshirt looks darn nice.  Seriously tempted.  I don't think its a good idea for me to get a classic indigo denim workshirt because I'm not sure what I'd wear it with.  I could wear an indigo workshirt untucked with chinos but its a bit informal for business casual, and it would be indigo/denim overload if worn with most of my jeans.  I'd probably wear a denim workshirt as a second layer over a t-shirt while wearing jeans.  So maybe this khaki (light tanish olive) is a good color choice.

 

How do most people wear their workshirts?  How would you wear an indigo denim workshirt?

 

edit: Josh, I wonder how an Oxblood selvedge denim workshirt would turn out?  I love my oxblood waxed canvas jacket and people are in awe of it when I wear it.  Always getting comments on it, that go way beyond "nice jacket" to men asking un-male questions such as "can I touch it?".  Maybe the same fabric used in the oxblood jeans would make a good workshirt.


Edited by mountainman3520 - 1/23/16 at 5:11pm
post #8189 of 10340
Has anyone attest to the recommended size of +1 with the cone bluexblack? I've been undecided and that's really all that's holding me up. Will it not stretch after a few wears or is the rec based on how it sews up? I need a darker denim and this is perfect. Thanks guys!
post #8190 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post

Has anyone attest to the recommended size of +1 with the cone bluexblack? I've been undecided and that's really all that's holding me up. Will it not stretch after a few wears or is the rec based on how it sews up? I need a darker denim and this is perfect. Thanks guys!

I have it and wished I had sized up. It's very tight in the waist with minimum stretching
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread