or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 55

post #811 of 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by markenki View Post
I'm curious. Why not? I put my t-shirts, underwear, and socks in the dryer, and those are less robust than my jeans. I don't put my jeans in the washing machine because doing so causes random fade patterns which I would like to avoid. The dryer doesn't do that, so I'm really curious what's so bad about putting jeans in the dryer.
 
Cheers,
 
Mark

 

 

One word for me, longevity.  Drying under that heat puts all fabrics under a lot of stress, with the amount of movement in denim you will likely have threads coming loose more, along with more crotch blowouts - same as those who don't wash them.   

 

*Grammar edit


Edited by flatspotting - 1/18/14 at 7:47pm
post #812 of 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

First off you risk shrinking your denim far too much. I typically but jeans on the tighter side and have them stretch to fit comfortably. A spin in the dryer would make them unwearable. Second, the dryer can absolutely cause un-natural creasing and fading. There are tons of pieces already written on this so spend a few minutes looking online.

 

Thanks for the info. Ok, the shrinking part doesn't bother me (in the case of my sanforized Gustins) as size 32 fits well (even after the dryer!). On the creasing and fading: I haven't observed that to be the case. I guess I'm just lucky.

 

Using the dryer is so much more convenient than the alternatives.

 

Cheers,

 

Mark

post #813 of 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by markenki View Post
 

 

Thanks for the info. Ok, the shrinking part doesn't bother me (in the case of my sanforized Gustins) as size 32 fits well (even after the dryer!). On the creasing and fading: I haven't observed that to be the case. I guess I'm just lucky.

 

Using the dryer is so much more convenient than the alternatives.

 

Cheers,

 

Mark

Much more convenient than hanging them over a railing or from a drying line?

post #814 of 2710
If you've got unsanforized denim and want the max amount of shrinkage, putting it in the dryer will achieve that. But, if you're hoping for less than max shrinkage, definitely don't wash hot or dry hot.
post #815 of 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 

Much more convenient than hanging them over a railing or from a drying line?

 

In my case, yes. No railing or drying line available. Plus, if you throw it in a dryer, it's dry in an hour (or less). How convenient!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspotting View Post
 

 

One word for me, longevity.  Drying under that heat puts all fabrics under a lot of stress, with the amount of movement in denim you will likely have threads coming loose more, along with more crotch blowouts - same as those who don't wash them.   

 

*Grammar edit

 

Maybe. Although I doubt whether the stress the jeans undergo in the dryer is really significant. I have jeans that I've washed and put in the dryer at least once a week (on average) and they've lasted years. I've put my Gustin jeans in the dryer once every couple of months (at most!). I find it hard to believe that the stress the jeans undergo in the dryer is significant relative to the stress they undergo just being worn on a day to day basis, especially since I so infrequently wash my jeans these days. I will claim that putting them in the dryer does not have a significant effect on longevity, just as you claim that putting them in the dryer does. Unless we have hard experimental evidence to support our points of view, it's just my word against yours, isn't it? My claim is just as good as yours.

 

Cheers,

 

Mark

post #816 of 2710

Hey guys, I have a pair of Super Heavy Slubs (#26) in 33 straight if anyone is interested in buying or trading for them.  Shoot me a PM.  Only tried on, not worn for more than about 10 minutes

 

Thanks!

post #817 of 2710

Hey! Been a lurker on SF for almost 6 months now and I'm almost ashamed that my first post will be a customer service thing but...

 

I recently backed the American Sixteeners that are now closed, and submitted a request to change size because I decided to read into first soaks and their shrink effects (let's skip the first soak debate in this thread). I received an email from their customer service interface Zendesk almost a week ago telling me my request "has been received and is pending review"... or something like that, and haven't heard from Gustin since.

 

I haven't cancelled my order because I don't wanna get out of a closed campaign (and also because I REALLY love their jeans) but I'm really worried they'll start production on my jean before seeing the request to change size and it'll be too late!

 

Anyone on SF have any experience with their customer service? What's their turnaround time like? 

 

 

Slightly fidgety 

Tim

post #818 of 2710
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongsaur View Post
 

Hey! Been a lurker on SF for almost 6 months now and I'm almost ashamed that my first post will be a customer service thing but...

 

I recently backed the American Sixteeners that are now closed, and submitted a request to change size because I decided to read into first soaks and their shrink effects (let's skip the first soak debate in this thread). I received an email from their customer service interface Zendesk almost a week ago telling me my request "has been received and is pending review"... or something like that, and haven't heard from Gustin since.

 

I haven't cancelled my order because I don't wanna get out of a closed campaign (and also because I REALLY love their jeans) but I'm really worried they'll start production on my jean before seeing the request to change size and it'll be too late!

 

Anyone on SF have any experience with their customer service? What's their turnaround time like? 

 

 

Slightly fidgety 

Tim

Hey Tim - shoot me a PM with the email on your account and I'll make sure we get you sorted out if someone doesn't already have your request. Thanks.

post #819 of 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshgustin View Post
 

Hey Tim - shoot me a PM with the email on your account and I'll make sure we get you sorted out if someone doesn't already have your request. Thanks.

 

Done! Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

 

(In case anyone else was wondering, I've found that Gustin has really helpful, friendly and fast customer service)

post #820 of 2710

Received my BlueXBlack over the weekend.  First pair of Gustins.  Wearing them now (denim is biz-appropriate in Denver).  Size 34 Slim.

 

Here's what I measured BiG style prior to wearing:

Waist: 33 (yup)

Thigh: 23

Knee: 16.75

Hem: 15

Front Rise: 10.5

Back Rise: 14

 

For reference, over the past 2 years I've been wearing LVC 47 and 54 (33W 34L), LMC Tack Slims (4 pairs, 33 or 34W with 34L) with some other random denim in there (Levi's Hesher and 511, Simon Spurr Pipe Fit, 501 STF, Neuw Iggy Skinny).  Size-wise, I'm just shy of 6ft and about 185lbs.  

 

My impressions:

The waist was tighter than expected.  After my order was placed, I became concerned that I should have gone with 33 in case they would arrive oversize.  I lucked out in that they were undersized from the online measurements.  I buttoned them up with a little more effort than I'm used to (they did button up tho!), but frankly I think they will stretch right about where my other denims reside (35+/-).

 

Rise was accurate, a bit lower than my preference, but not concerning.  I know that low rise is less comfortable, but maybe more flattering, for me personally.  I did appreciate that the pocket bags were larger than some of my other low rise jeans.

 

Craftsmanship was excellent.  These should wear well and be worn often.  I thought I would prefer a tonal stitch on these, but after wearing, I really like the contrast stitch.  The red stitch at the hem is an unique Gustin touch that I also really like.  Points for the extra inseam length on the 34's (part of my deciding factors), cuff and stacks unite!

 

Were they worth what I paid?  I'm very happy with the product at the price point.  Bravo, Gustin!

post #821 of 2710

If anyone has a size 36 or 38 (slim or straight) loomstate they're looking to get rid of due to sizing issues, send me a PM

post #822 of 2710
Has anyone on here backed the olive trucker jacket? Can you tell me how you see yourself wearing that color? I had an instant positive reaction to the idea of this jacket in this color, but I'm second guessing it. I"m not sure if I can picture myself in it, although I'm told green works well for me.

Thoughts, please?
post #823 of 2710
I ordered it for the same reason. Instant positive reaction. I'll figure out what it does with. Jeans. Khakis. I'll probably even wear it with shorts.
post #824 of 2710

I think it goes with nearly any color, maybe not red (to Christmas like). Any earth tones would be really good. 

post #825 of 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer99 View Post

Has anyone on here backed the olive trucker jacket? Can you tell me how you see yourself wearing that color? I had an instant positive reaction to the idea of this jacket in this color, but I'm second guessing it. I"m not sure if I can picture myself in it, although I'm told green works well for me.

Thoughts, please?

I backed it. Olive goes with a ton, especially earth tones. Try looking up olive M-65 looks if you're really concerned, since there are bound to be many of those.
Edited by Klemins - 1/20/14 at 5:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread