or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 525

post #7861 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantone View Post

I'm a L slim in J Crew and given the length of my arms I have to do L so I went with a Large Slim in the Gustin.
You are my size xl slim will work better for gustin
post #7862 of 10357

Wore my waxed oxblood lined trucker to a party today, along with a marled grey t-shirt, dark indigo denim, and black boots.

 

As I was leaving, a random guy at the party said how awesome my red jacket was and asked if he could touch it.  I told him about Gustin and the materials and construction of the waxed canvas trucker.  Another random guy jumped into the conversation upon hearing the first talk about the jacket and said he really liked it too.

 

I've been wearing it for a few weeks now.  Unique, dramatic, and great.  Highly recommended.

post #7863 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangfastic View Post

Trucker is back in black waxed, I'd love to see the chore coat in that fabric, maybe also lined and in a tall fit.

I'm another waiting for more workshirts, really happy with my cone 101, hoping the Japan Khaki returns soon.
That Japan Khaki selvedge workshirt (https://www.weargustin.com/store/1369) is on my wishlist. I've been checking every email for new selvedge workshirts, hoping I don't have to wait much longer.
post #7864 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangfastic View Post

Trucker is back in black waxed, I'd love to see the chore coat in that fabric, maybe also lined and in a tall fit.

I'm another waiting for more workshirts, really happy with my cone 101, hoping the Japan Khaki returns soon.

I'm writing this trying to stretch out the waist on my stiff, heavy black x coal that arrived today, waist just measured 30" on a 31 slim, but I'm taking the pain to my holiday enhanced middle and it seems to be paying off..

Add past workshirt campaigns to your wishlist / email them / spam their IG asking for new campaigns. Apparently they're mostly trying to respond to customer demand, and it sounds like the only way they'll do more workshirts is if they hear from enough people asking for them.

Offhand I'm guessing there may have been some kind of snafu with their factory or a supplier, which may or may not be making them a hair gunshy about launching more workshirt campaigns. I didn't get my Japan heavy black workshirt because they ran out of fabric, and it sounds like I wasn't the only one. Hopefully enough calls for more campaigns will get them to circle wagons and work out any lingering issues. I think the workshirts are one of their best offerings, and it would be great to see more of them.
post #7865 of 10357

I had already clicked the boxes on multiple items but there were three in particular I really had my eye on, so I went ahead and e-mailed them about those three. I figure it couldn't hurt. The Italy sea blue jean, one of the items just popped back up. I got an auto reply to my e-mail saying they were out of the office till the 4th and it's currently the 3rd so more than likely just a happy coincidence but I am still pleased.

 

This will be my first order from Gustin. I know they are supposed to be true to size but just to make sure can anyone tell me how their jeans fit compared to Unbranded? I wear a 33 in them so right now that's what I thinking I should order from Gustin too but there is time to change if I need to so any advice is welcomed. I assuming because the warp and weft are both blue there won't be much fading which is disappointing but can anyone confirm? Either way I really love the color.

post #7866 of 10357
Wish I had backed that super heavy blue sky twill shirt. Looks real nice
post #7867 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJerk View Post

I had already clicked the boxes on multiple items but there were three in particular I really had my eye on, so I went ahead and e-mailed them about those three. I figure it couldn't hurt. The Italy sea blue jean, one of the items just popped back up. I got an auto reply to my e-mail saying they were out of the office till the 4th and it's currently the 3rd so more than likely just a happy coincidence but I am still pleased.

 

This will be my first order from Gustin. I know they are supposed to be true to size but just to make sure can anyone tell me how their jeans fit compared to Unbranded? I wear a 33 in them so right now that's what I thinking I should order from Gustin too but there is time to change if I need to so any advice is welcomed. I assuming because the warp and weft are both blue there won't be much fading which is disappointing but can anyone confirm? Either way I really love the color.


Refer to G's fit guide. As for the Italy Sea Blue denim, those come up for campaign often, and by often i mean every couple of weeks. They must have a warehouse full of that fabric sitting around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
post #7868 of 10357

Has anyone either soaked or washed their Gustin Japan Vintage 18's?  I am interested in what degree of fabric shrinkage these might exhibit. I am pretty sure this is the same fabric as the Oni 20oz demon denim that is classified as unsanforized and shrinks in the 6-8 % range. Any observations would be appreciated.

post #7869 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Markopolos View Post
 

Has anyone either soaked or washed their Gustin Japan Vintage 18's?  I am interested in what degree of fabric shrinkage these might exhibit. I am pretty sure this is the same fabric as the Oni 20oz demon denim that is classified as unsanforized and shrinks in the 6-8 % range. Any observations would be appreciated.

 

Here is a whole thread of impressions on those. 

 

http://selvedgestyle.com/thread/1384/american-antique-fade-contest

post #7870 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post
 

I think sometimes an item gets stuck at a funding percentage.  Could be due to a software bug or possibly because Gustin has decided to accept an unlimited number of orders until they choose to close out the round?

 

A current example is the #4 Japan White Oxford.

 

Its been at 96% funded for a few days.  Further evidence that it is "stuck" at 96%: it was at 96% before I backed it and didn't increase after I backed it!

 

There have been previous times when I've noticed something similar.

 

Hmmmmmm.

 

Now this item has been stuck for over a week!  It bumped up one notch from 96% to 98% soon after I posted this prior message and hasn't changed since that time, 5 days ago.

 

I enjoy the Gustin model and don't think item postings should be manipulated.  If Gustin decides they want to make more of an item, post a second listing of that same item once the first one closes.  And if Gustin decides to build an item even if it times out before reaching 100%, fine, nobody loses in that deal and the people who backed it will be happy.  But they shouldn't change the planned quantity and associated percentage backed midway through listings, ie moving the goal post after the game has begun.

post #7871 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Here is a whole thread of impressions on those. 

http://selvedgestyle.com/thread/1384/american-antique-fade-contest
That's a different jean isn't it? He was asking about the Japan Vintage 18s.
post #7872 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Add past workshirt campaigns to your wishlist / email them / spam their IG asking for new campaigns. Apparently they're mostly trying to respond to customer demand, and it sounds like the only way they'll do more workshirts is if they hear from enough people asking for them.

Offhand I'm guessing there may have been some kind of snafu with their factory or a supplier, which may or may not be making them a hair gunshy about launching more workshirt campaigns. I didn't get my Japan heavy black workshirt because they ran out of fabric, and it sounds like I wasn't the only one. Hopefully enough calls for more campaigns will get them to circle wagons and work out any lingering issues. I think the workshirts are one of their best offerings, and it would be great to see more of them.
I agree 100%, their workshirts are fantastic and very underrated (the photos don't do them justice). Please bring them back soon or else I will have to start up a business filling that hole in the market!
post #7873 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post



I enjoy the Gustin model and don't think item postings should be manipulated.  If Gustin decides they want to make more of an item, post a second listing of that same item once the first one closes.  And if Gustin decides to build an item even if it times out before reaching 100%, fine, nobody loses in that deal and the people who backed it will be happy.  But they shouldn't change the planned quantity and associated percentage backed midway through listings, ie moving the goal post after the game has begun.

G's funding model works to an extent. I initially thought it made more sense for them to run their campaign's like Taylor Stitch, that is, run a campaign for a specific amount of time but allow customers to continue to fund items well past the 100% mark, or until the time runs out. The problem that Gustin runs into is that they can only procure a finite amount of fabric for each campaign, so once they hit 100% you can't back an item anymore. It's efficient but it also frustrating for people who wanted an item but missed out.

I think G should have most of their customers wants/needs figured out by now, especially with denim. heavyweight stuff sells fast, but so does unique lighter weight stuff. they still need to work on the QC issues they've been experiencing but my guess is they're only dealing with small percentages and maybe think it isn't important. I think they should also change things up a bit and offer new stuff. I like their trucker and think it's well made, but I think they're starting to hit diminishing returns on this item. Right now they're just throwing whatever fabrics they can think of in trucker format and seeing what sticks.
post #7874 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post


Refer to G's fit guide. As for the Italy Sea Blue denim, those come up for campaign often, and by often i mean every couple of weeks. They must have a warehouse full of that fabric sitting around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk


I looked at their fit guide, but nonetheless every companies fit is a bit different and I've never worn Gustins before so I still wanted to get an idea of how it compares to give me a more real life idea rather than just looking at a bunch of numbers.

post #7875 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJerk View Post


I looked at their fit guide, but nonetheless every companies fit is a bit different and I've never worn Gustins before so I still wanted to get an idea of how it compares to give me a more real life idea rather than just looking at a bunch of numbers.

but you haven't provided anyone with your true measurements, other than you wear a 33 in Unbranded. We don't know you're true waist size or the measured waist size of your Unbranded jeans (not the tagged size). measuring your best fitting jeans and comparing them to G's fit guide is the best way to go rather than ask for sizing recommendations.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread