or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 519

post #7771 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post


This is the only issue I have with Gustin jeans. Anyone know why certain pairs sew up small? Is it the person cutting the patterns or maybe the material itself?
I had to return a pair that were sewn up way small. The rise was an inch short of the chart and that's not a little bit. I could button them but it looked like I was wearing some low rise joints. I have another pair in the same size that are my best fitting jeans ever. Gustin cust. serv. is great though, they took care of me. If pairs were consistent to sizing, I'd probably have a closet full of their denim.

The fabrics are one of the main drivers of this. I'm not entirely sure why but that is one of the reasons that other companies tend to focus on only a handful of fabrics - they build familiarity with them and can more easily predict their sewing/shrinking/fading characteristics 

post #7772 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarthel View Post
 

Has anyone gotten the Zimbabwe Loomstates from the stock store recently?  I've read that the latest batch sewed up a size small so i was kind of tempted to try out a 38 slim (normal size 34 slim) and a warm soak to shrink them down to my size.  Is that expecting too much shrinkage?

I ordered a size 38 Slim. This is my first pair of Gustin jeans so I don`t have a size reference point. I am a size 36 Naked + Famous weird guy and Skinny Guy. The Zimbabwe`s seemed a little tight after an initial warm (not hot) soak, but they have since stretched out in the right places and I now love how they fit. The denim is really nice too- my new favorite pair of jeans. Hope that helps.

post #7773 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyK View Post
 

I ordered a size 38 Slim. This is my first pair of Gustin jeans so I don`t have a size reference point. I am a size 36 Naked + Famous weird guy and Skinny Guy. The Zimbabwe`s seemed a little tight after an initial warm (not hot) soak, but they have since stretched out in the right places and I now love how they fit. The denim is really nice too- my new favorite pair of jeans. Hope that helps.

I got my pair from the run that probably spawned that batch in the stock store. Ordered 37s (I'm 35). Came in smaller than a 37, but even with a HOT soak, it shrank perfectly. I did use a wooden clothes hanger in the waistband (lucked out that it was about 35" so minimal stretching back out needed), but the legs/thighs/etc were solid. I think the point is, they suggest sizing up 2-3 because it will shrink 1 size or so, but they sewed up a size smaller. They won't shrink 2 sizes.

post #7774 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

I always find these stories curious as I've never had a pair of jeans stretch beyond a wearable point.  Theoretically the denim shouldn't stretch beyond what your body requires and that's always been my experience. Sometimes continued torque/pressure would lead to the expected sagging in the butt or knee region but it was never anything that didn't correct itself with a wash.

Anyway, I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you can't wear them anymore. That's a great denim - I love the greyish color  
What's to be sorry about? I still wear them, I'm just looking for any guidance on my next purchase.
post #7775 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post


As @avsmusic1
 said, and I will reiterate... You should wash them.
The effect of machine-washing and drying is temporary ... the material quickly relaxes after a few hours of wear.
post #7776 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilSlander View Post

How was the initial fit when you got them?

My OS didn't stretch much; I just happened
to drop a bit of weight and they fit perfectly now.
[/quote
I need to gain some weight😀.
post #7777 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaker View Post

What's to be sorry about? I still wear them, I'm just looking for any guidance on my next purchase.
Oh, lol, my bad
I thought "stretched too much" meant they were no longer wearable.
post #7778 of 10356
Backed rust duck canvas chino thank god it came back lol
post #7779 of 10356
Can anyone recommend a gustin chino made with a stiff or "raw" selvedge material? All the stuff ive seen looks like soft and slubby
post #7780 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Can anyone recommend a gustin chino made with a stiff or "raw" selvedge material? All the stuff ive seen looks like soft and slubby


The closest thing I can think of is the Cone Selvedge Canvas, but even that's fairly lightweight at 10.75oz.

 

https://www.weargustin.com/store/2632

post #7781 of 10356
^ thats perfect actually buti think the fabric might be identical to this pair (which I own)

http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/copy-of-cone-mills-indigo-selvedge-twill-miner-chino-1

needless to say gustin is a great value
post #7782 of 10356

^ The fabrics look spot-on to me (maybe the LF has only white selvedge?).

 

How do you like your LF chinos? Any pics of fades?

post #7783 of 10356

Namor, the duck canvas is pretty hearty

post #7784 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ thats perfect actually buti think the fabric might be identical to this pair (which I own)

http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/copy-of-cone-mills-indigo-selvedge-twill-miner-chino-1

needless to say gustin is a great value
Very true, I just backed rust color chino 100$ same thing EpuNY selling double the price.
post #7785 of 10356

I just backed the black boots.  Has anybody received the boots yet from the previous runs and if so can you provide a review please??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread