or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 514

post #7696 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Me too picking two of them up lol
Yeah I have no idea what size dog we will get so not sure what size to order. Would prefer to wait, and I suppose it's not exactly a necessity.
post #7697 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

Yeah I have no idea what size dog we will get so not sure what size to order. Would prefer to wait, and I suppose it's not exactly a necessity.
Just get medium one & you are set.
post #7698 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

Their timing window is closing too. If it's not up in the next month than it probably wont ship till March - though I still suspect the bulk of people buy based on the current weather 
More workshirts please @joshgustin ?
post #7699 of 10340

Whatever happened to the newer dual pocket shirts?  Some of the fabrics used in the regular button downs would have been killer in the new style.

post #7700 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow509 View Post
 

Whatever happened to the newer dual pocket shirts?  Some of the fabrics used in the regular button downs would have been killer in the new style.

 

They gave up on them immediately.

post #7701 of 10340

The black x white low top are nice.

Might have to back those as my first gustin purchase.

post #7702 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilSlander View Post
 

 

They gave up on them immediately.

 

How many variants of the new shirt style were posted?  Did they not sell well?  Is that our theory?

 

Or maybe they were producing them at a different location and the deal collapsed?  Bad quality?  Couldn't meet schedule?

 

I can't even recall what the few brief new shirt postings looked like.

 

Has anyone received one?  If so, please post photos and provide comments on the quality.

 

It is interesting that all the new flannels are being made in the old button down, one pocket, oxford shirt style instead of the new one.  A flannel should really be two pocket with a non-button collar.  Since they have that style, why not make the flannels in it?  This is mysterious to me.  I have a closet full of foreign sweatshop made flannels that I would gladly phase out in favor of Gustin flannels, if they were made correctly.

post #7703 of 10340

What's the general consensus on shrinkage for the oxfords?

 

I have yet to pick up a gustin shirt because I heard weird things about fits initially, but I think I'm about to bite the bullet and scoop up that oxford 2 pack cause I need some good shirts for a good deal, and the tall size is close enough to my current shirt measurements. That being said, shrinkage is not ideal, so how has it been among the shirts?

 

thanks.

 

Also, anyone have pictures of the wine oxford in real life?

 

Also also, how slim are the sleeves on these guys? I don't particularly want massive sleeves.

post #7704 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usonian View Post

What's the general consensus on shrinkage for the oxfords?

I have yet to pick up a gustin shirt because I heard weird things about fits initially, but I think I'm about to bite the bullet and scoop up that oxford 2 pack cause I need some good shirts for a good deal, and the tall size is close enough to my current shirt measurements. That being said, shrinkage is not ideal, so how has it been among the shirts?

thanks.

Also, anyone have pictures of the wine oxford in real life?

one of my favorite oxfords. I highly recommend it
post #7705 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post
 

 

How many variants of the new shirt style were posted?  Did they not sell well?  Is that our theory?

 

Or maybe they were producing them at a different location and the deal collapsed?  Bad quality?  Couldn't meet schedule?

 

I can't even recall what the few brief new shirt postings looked like.

 

Has anyone received one?  If so, please post photos and provide comments on the quality.

 

It is interesting that all the new flannels are being made in the old button down, one pocket, oxford shirt style instead of the new one.  A flannel should really be two pocket with a non-button collar.  Since they have that style, why not make the flannels in it?  This is mysterious to me.  I have a closet full of foreign sweatshop made flannels that I would gladly phase out in favor of Gustin flannels, if they were made correctly.

 

They did less than 10 two-pocket shirts. I have absolutely no idea what happened and it's surprising given how much folks wanted the new shirt style.

 

I do remember there being backlash against the shirt scoops. These shirts are supposedly being shipped out this month.

 

post #7706 of 10340

The heavy brushed blue twill (what I believe is the middle shirt in the pic above) was/is a great looking shirt. The large plaid patterns really lend themselves to that 2 pocket design and I love that Gustin didn't make them a "western" design with pearl snaps and and a front yoke. 

 

Do we know for sure that the 2 pocket is dead or are we assuming that based on the lack of offerings in the last month or so? Perhaps G wants to see how the first handfull work out before expanding. 

 

I think the cone selvedge canvas would be great in the 2 pocket design

post #7707 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usonian View Post
 

What's the general consensus on shrinkage for the oxfords?

 

I have yet to pick up a gustin shirt because I heard weird things about fits initially, but I think I'm about to bite the bullet and scoop up that oxford 2 pack cause I need some good shirts for a good deal, and the tall size is close enough to my current shirt measurements. That being said, shrinkage is not ideal, so how has it been among the shirts?

 

thanks.

 

Also, anyone have pictures of the wine oxford in real life?

 

Also also, how slim are the sleeves on these guys? I don't particularly want massive sleeves.

I wash cold and hang dry, shrinkage is minimal in the Oxford Cloth. This picture is the Wine, Hunter, and Seafoam Pinpoint Oxford. For full shirt pics I'd say the ones in the Gustin campaign look pretty accurate, it's very much a grey tinted and muted red.

post #7708 of 10340

Anyone get the Graphite Military Chinos?   Any ITW pics?

 

I have the Gunmetal already, and although this is heavier I want a real photo for colour comparison

post #7709 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

The heavy brushed blue twill (what I believe is the middle shirt in the pic above) was/is a great looking shirt. The large plaid patterns really lend themselves to that 2 pocket design and I love that Gustin didn't make them a "western" design with pearl snaps and and a front yoke. 

 

Do we know for sure that the 2 pocket is dead or are we assuming that based on the lack of offerings in the last month or so? Perhaps G wants to see how the first handfull work out before expanding. 

 

I think the cone selvedge canvas would be great in the 2 pocket design


I'm also wondering about the 2 pocket shirts, but maybe you're right and Gustin is going to test out the first run of them.  That heavy brushed blue twill looked really good, and was a nice alternative to the 3sixteen version.  Of course it's all speculation at this point, but maybe @joshgustin can fill us in?

 

I agree that the cone selvedge canvas would be a nice option in the 2 pocket design; for those that don't do workshirts

post #7710 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


I'm also wondering about the 2 pocket shirts, but maybe you're right and Gustin is going to test out the first run of them.  That heavy brushed blue twill looked really good, and was a nice alternative to the 3sixteen version.  Of course it's all speculation at this point, but maybe @joshgustin
can fill us in?

I agree that the cone selvedge canvas would be a nice option in the 2 pocket design; for those that don't do workshirts

I backed the olive twill one, but wasn't really into the other initial offerings. Was looking forward to future ones. I hope they didn't just give up on them.

I already have more than enough of their button down style shirts, so I doubt I'll be backing anymore of those.

Make a heavy chamois shirt in the newer style in different colors and I'll instaback all of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread