or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 509

post #7621 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Your input is greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

Welcome! You best take one of your well fitting shirts and take the measurements the same way Gustin does, i.e. 1" down from underarm seem for chest. Then go to their size chart and pick. You might want to allow for a bit of shrinkage, too, if you don't cold wash and hang to dry.
post #7622 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSense View Post

Welcome! You best take one of your well fitting shirts and take the measurements the same way Gustin does, i.e. 1" down from underarm seem for chest. Then go to their size chart and pick.
I followed the instructions but did it on my self my other shirt are big because of vanity sizing.
post #7623 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I followed the instructions but did it on my self my other shirt are big because of vanity sizing.

Shirt sizing (other than collar size based ones, meaning those S M L ones) is probably as erratic as denims. Bleeding nuisance really. In that regard, full marks for Gustin to provide all measurements.
post #7624 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSense View Post

Shirt sizing (other than collar size based ones, meaning those S M L ones) is probably as erratic as denims. Bleeding nuisance really. In that regard, full marks for Gustin to provide all measurements.
For denim I followed gustin instruction & called jcrew to get the vanity aka real measurements for the waist matched with gustin size chart. For shirt just measured my chest & waist with help of my tailor but didn't use shirt just my self.
post #7625 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieg0 View Post
 

 

Two years ago you had 1,4 $ for a euro. Now it's 1,09 dollar = euro 

 

Nearly the same as you except exchange rate is still a little more favorable than yours. (customs is 21% on price+ shipping and you get always hit and administration taxes is an additional 15€) At the end, the price is approximately 150$ or 136€. But I'll stop complaining with all those Canadians around. ;)

 

Oh I hear you...  I know your currency has taken as much of a nose dive as ours.  We're in the same sinking boat.

 

Even after all this I come to Gustin because I want unique    And they have some of the best unique denim offerings.  Hopefully they keep rolling out new chino offerings.  A lot of repeats I find, need to keep on digging for new stuff, the cut & construction is excellent!  

post #7626 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieg0 View Post
 

 

Two years ago you had 1,4 $ for a euro. Now it's 1,09 dollar = euro 

 

Nearly the same as you except exchange rate is still a little more favorable than yours. (customs is 21% on price+ shipping and you get always hit and administration taxes is an additional 15€) At the end, the price is approximatively 150$ or 136€. But I'll stop complaining with all those Canadians around. ;)

While I'm still not sure I understand the issue with the conversion, that customs rate is nuts and would definitely impact my purchasing too. Bummer

 

If it's any consolation, my wife and I spent 2 wks in Italy two years ago and everything just cost us 40% more. 

post #7627 of 10340

I got my chocolate midnight flannel in the mail on Monday. It was comically tight, so I put it back in the mail for an exchange/credit. I wear a slim large in J. Crew/Bonobos, and ESF from Charles Tyrwhitt, and the Gustin slim large was painted on me.

post #7628 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91foxbody View Post

I got my chocolate midnight flannel in the mail on Monday. It was comically tight, so I put it back in the mail for an exchange/credit. I wear a slim large in J. Crew/Bonobos, and ESF from Charles Tyrwhitt, and the Gustin slim large was painted on me.
I am officially Fcd then lol
post #7629 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I am officially Fcd then lol


didn't you fund the Merino Wool Moss Green Houndtooth?  You can adjust the size in 'my account' up until it's in production.  Just check the order and see if you can do that

post #7630 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Euro schmuro. A pair of jeans for us Canadians.

Jean price x 1.36
+23$ shipping x 1.36
+ 50/50 chance of paying an extra 13% on arrival +10$ customs fee

That's loonie!

uh, I'll be here all week, tip your servers and tenders.

post #7631 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


didn't you fund the Merino Wool Moss Green Houndtooth?  You can adjust the size in 'my account' up until it's in production.  Just check the order and see if you can do that
Thank you I size up for the houndstooth shirt but I took large slim for neb rainbow chambray shirt which I am guessing I am scrood. I did follow gustin instruction but I measured my self chest circumference & waist.
post #7632 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Thank you I size up for the houndstooth shirt but I took large slim for neb rainbow chambray shirt which I am guessing I am scrood. I did follow gustin instruction but I measured my self chest circumference & waist.


Ohh, gotcha.  Try to shoot them an email and see if they can switch that for you - nep rainbow chambray JUST funded recently right?  Their customer service is pretty responsive and might be able to help you out :)

post #7633 of 10340

I'm not worried about it funding, but how is the Moss Merino Houndstooth not completely funded yet?

 

IMHO it's one of the top shirting offerings G has put out this year - a contender for #1. 

post #7634 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by exophobe View Post
 

That's loonie!

uh, I'll be here all week, tip your servers and tenders.

 

Bahaha!  Try the veal...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

I'm not worried about it funding, but how is the Moss Merino Houndstooth not completely funded yet?

 

IMHO it's one of the top shirting offerings G has put out this year - a contender for #1. 

 

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I find it pretty bland.  Dry Clean only maybe has something to do with it?

post #7635 of 10340
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread