or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 503

post #7531 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Regarding the ISC chinos, did any of you find the sizing spot on or bigger/smaller? I'm considering sizing up in the slims, but don't want too much more room in the leg, just a tad bigger waist.

Excited that I got in on them this round!

@mdubs
@JR Magat
@avsmusic1


I take them in the same size as the other Gustin chinos I have, so if you own some already I would order your regular size

 

I'm odd where I take the same size in both denim & chinos (31 slim) and find denims to fit tighter.  Seems like most here size up 1 in chinos versus denim sizing.

post #7532 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Regarding the ISC chinos, did any of you find the sizing spot on or bigger/smaller? I'm considering sizing up in the slims, but don't want too much more room in the leg, just a tad bigger waist.

Excited that I got in on them this round!

@mdubs
@JR Magat
@avsmusic1


spot on

post #7533 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Regarding the ISC chinos, did any of you find the sizing spot on or bigger/smaller? I'm considering sizing up in the slims, but don't want too much more room in the leg, just a tad bigger waist.

Excited that I got in on them this round!

@mdubs
@JR Magat
@avsmusic1

 

Mine were pretty on spec w/ the exception of the cuff being a little under (which I think is a good thing) 

post #7534 of 10356

Oh my god I want this oxblood trucker jacket!! Definitely out of my price range though :/

post #7535 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJerk View Post
 

Oh my god I want this oxblood trucker jacket!! Definitely out of my price range though :/

I think the non-lined one is 140 like the other colors - is that more palatable? It's a killer color

post #7536 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


I take them in the same size as the other Gustin chinos I have, so if you own some already I would order your regular size

I'm odd where I take the same size in both denim & chinos (31 slim) and find denims to fit tighter.  Seems like most here size up 1 in chinos versus denim sizing.

Same here (same size in both). I find the denim stretches a little, the chinos not so much.
post #7537 of 10356

Read a lot of size fitting both here and on another forum. Debating on taking the plunge and ordering my first jeans from Gustin. I know im a large in their tshirts which is easy peasy. But I been ruminating over the last year regarding what size to get in jeans as my gf keeps saying i got that boootyy. 

 

I measured two jeans last night and I'm not sure if I should go with a slim 34 or 35 (or possible even straights). 

 

  1. Uniqlo "selvedge" tag size was a 33, not sure what actual waist was when I started them but it has stretched to actual waist of 38 (super loose but it serves a purpose for holstering).
  2. TS cone mills denim tag size 33, again I didn't measure it at start but it has stretched to a 36 which is a perfect fit.

 

Looking at the fit guide,not sure if a 34 will stretch out 1.5" to get my actual/comfortable waist size of 36 or just do the slim 35? If anyone is in my size range let me know what you went with. Of course I know various fabrics stretch or do not stretch.

 

I didn't want the straights because of the cuff opening being 18" although I have read some people said it's usually closer to a 17".

post #7538 of 10356
Quote:
 I think the non-lined one is 140 like the other colors - is that more palatable? It's a killer color

 

It really is. At that point, the extra $30 wouldn't seem like that much more. I'm a recent college grad and just don't have that kind of extra cash. Hopefully one day soon I'll have a real job and a couple of hundred bucks won't be a big deal. I've looked at Gustin's site off and on probably since it started, I've definitely seen some nice stuff there before but I think this is the first item where I was legitimately ready to put my money on it. If I had the cash I would already be a funder. All my extra is going towards Christmas gifts for the family right now. Oh well. Maybe it will come back up when I'm in a better position.

post #7539 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcandraw View Post

Read a lot of size fitting both here and on another forum. Debating on taking the plunge and ordering my first jeans from Gustin. I know im a large in their tshirts which is easy peasy. But I been ruminating over the last year regarding what size to get in jeans as my gf keeps saying i got that boootyy. 

I measured two jeans last night and I'm not sure if I should go with a slim 34 or 35 (or possible even straights). 
  1. Uniqlo "selvedge" tag size was a 33, not sure what actual waist was when I started them but it has stretched to actual waist of 38 (super loose but it serves a purpose for holstering).
  2. TS cone mills denim tag size 33, again I didn't measure it at start but it has stretched to a 36 which is a perfect fit.

Looking at the fit guide,not sure if a 34 will stretch out 1.5" to get my actual/comfortable waist size of 36 or just do the slim 35? If anyone is in my size range let me know what you went with. Of course I know various fabrics stretch or do not stretch.

I didn't want the straights because of the cuff opening being 18" although I have read some people said it's usually closer to a 17".
How do the thigh measurements look? I tend to select between sizes based on thigh b/c it doesn't stretch well
post #7540 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post
 


Can you comment a bit on the width of the shoes?  How are they in relation to other brands?  Would fairly wide feet disqualify someone in your opinion?  Hard to get a feel for it based on pictures alone without customer reviews.  The CXL #8 shoe is impressive.


How wide are you talking? I mean they fit me just fine in size 10 for width and I'm usually a 10.5D/E.

post #7541 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post
 


How wide are you talking? I mean they fit me just fine in size 10 for width and I'm usually a 10.5D/E.

 

 

Why are the shoes/boots coming in a half size big? Haven't shoe sizes been standardized for more than a century?

 

This is more of a critique of the company making the shoes for Gustin, but why can't we count on the sizes being accurate? Same goes for the clothing... If I have a 34" waist, a size 34 jean should fit me. End of story.

 

Sorry for the rant, but this has been pissing me off a bit lately since I measured a 33 Straight and 34 straight yesterday (both by Gustin) and the 34 came in with a smaller waist measurement than the 33, and the 33 is about 1" too small for my waist. To make it worse, the 34 is unsanforized, meaning that it will shrink after soaking...

post #7542 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Another Tuesday email, and still no new workshirt campaigns. confused.gif
This.
post #7543 of 10356

If any of you guys hunting for a workshirt have any interest in a classic medium postal herringbone let me know

post #7544 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post


How do the thigh measurements look? I tend to select between sizes based on thigh b/c it doesn't stretch well


this is what I do. Look at thigh, and then at waist

post #7545 of 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 

 

Why are the shoes/boots coming in a half size big? Haven't shoe sizes been standardized for more than a century?

 

This is more of a critique of the company making the shoes for Gustin, but why can't we count on the sizes being accurate? Same goes for the clothing... If I have a 34" waist, a size 34 jean should fit me. End of story.

 

Sorry for the rant, but this has been pissing me off a bit lately since I measured a 33 Straight and 34 straight yesterday (both by Gustin) and the 34 came in with a smaller waist measurement than the 33, and the 33 is about 1" too small for my waist. To make it worse, the 34 is unsanforized, meaning that it will shrink after soaking...


I think you misunderstood my post.  I'm usually a 10.5D/E on the brannock.  Gustin sneakers don't come in half sizes, so their advice is to go a half size down.  This worked out pretty much fine for me (although because of my high instep I *probably* should have gone with an 11).  But they're not uncomfortable in any way.  I'd say their sneakers run true to size.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread