or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 499

post #7471 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Thanks for the additional input.

I size up 1 from denim to chinos

post #7472 of 10340

I'm an oddball.  

 

33 Slim Chino, perfect fit.  

33 Slim denim couldn't get on.  

 

Trying 34 Slim Denim next.  33 Straight, too long a rise for me in denim.

 

 

If 34 slim doesn't work, I'll only buy chinos going forward.

post #7473 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

I'm an oddball.  

 

33 Slim Chino, perfect fit.  

33 Slim denim couldn't get on.  

 

Trying 34 Slim Denim next.  33 Straight, too long a rise for me in denim.

 

 

If 34 slim doesn't work, I'll only buy chinos going forward.


we're both oddballs.  I take 31 slim in both chinos and denim and find the denim to be fit slightly tighter (probably need to be stretched out)

post #7474 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

I size up 1 from denim to chinos
Thanks. That's unfortunate. I may have taken your 33 straights off your hands if it was same size from denim to chinos.
post #7475 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Thanks. That's unfortunate. I may have taken your 33 straights off your hands if it was same size from denim to chinos.

As others noted, it depends on how the denim fits to begin with - my 32s start pretty tight in the thighs/butt and I could almost certainly wear 33's but have chosen not to b/c i don't want any more space in the lower block (hence why I am constantly trying to make a case for a tapered fit) 

 

If your 33s are snug and you rely on some stretch for them to get comfortable than you'll probably want to size up on the chinos like me. If the 33s are perfect to begin with, then you may want to try the same size. 

post #7476 of 10340

Looking at picking up my first pair of Gustin jeans. Looking at the okayama. I'm a true size 32 waist. It looks like the 31 slim may be what I'm looking for in terms of measurements to another pair of jeans but I am wondering about shrinkage. I forgot what measurements my other jeans started at but after washing and shrinkage they are just a tad smaller than the 31 slim measurements. Would it be better to go with a slim 32 or stick with a 31. 

post #7477 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post
 

Looking at picking up my first pair of Gustin jeans. Looking at the okayama. I'm a true size 32 waist. It looks like the 31 slim may be what I'm looking for in terms of measurements to another pair of jeans but I am wondering about shrinkage. I forgot what measurements my other jeans started at but after washing and shrinkage they are just a tad smaller than the 31 slim measurements. Would it be better to go with a slim 32 or stick with a 31. 


Measure your waist (and thighs) with a tape measure and compare to the sizing charts.  I'd add an 0.5-1 inch to account for shrinking on a soak.  Thigh measurement might be even more important than waist, as the waist stretches out a bit, but the thighs don't really.

post #7478 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post

Looking at picking up my first pair of Gustin jeans. Looking at the okayama. I'm a true size 32 waist. It looks like the 31 slim may be what I'm looking for in terms of measurements to another pair of jeans but I am wondering about shrinkage. I forgot what measurements my other jeans started at but after washing and shrinkage they are just a tad smaller than the 31 slim measurements. Would it be better to go with a slim 32 or stick with a 31. 

Don't forget to account for about 1" of stretch.
Shrink should be minimal if you hand washing or even when using a washer. It's the dryer that will shrink the most, so I avoid it and hand wash hang dry.
post #7479 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post

Thigh measurement might be even more important than waist, as the waist stretches out a bit, but the thighs don't really.
This
post #7480 of 10340
I am not familiar with the BlackFriday promotion of Gustin; for those who know, what can we expect?
post #7481 of 10340

Its live, mystery denim, shirt, t shirt, wallet, briefcase 

post #7482 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieg0 View Post

I am not familiar with the BlackFriday promotion of Gustin; for those who know, what can we expect?


They have some stock sale grab bag deals on the site now. Good deals if you like a little mystery. 

post #7483 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooner View Post


They have some stock sale grab bag deals on the site now. Good deals if you like a little mystery. 

As far as I see, it isn't a stock sale. T shirts say ship January
post #7484 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post


As far as I see, it isn't a stock sale. T shirts say ship January


You're right. Missed that.

post #7485 of 10340

Here's the latest sneaker update, haven't received my shipping confirmation yet, but hopefully the shoes will arrive some time next week :)

 

Production status: 11/25 update: Finished shoes have arrived and are starting to shipping now! You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order ships.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread