or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 498

post #7456 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Whats been Gustin's history on black friday deals? I did a quick search on the thread and only saw a couple comments.


Gustin is fairly well priced, I would not expect a lot from them. It seems they are one of, if not the, best offers on the denim market and workshirt/casual shirts.

post #7457 of 10357

I backed the last round and mine didn't make it past the quality control at Gustin. I was really bummed that I thought I missed out on them but didn't waste a second backing them when I saw the update this morning. 

 

Hopefully I have better luck this time around!

post #7458 of 10357
Also noticed them in the email today. How did you guys size compared to your jeans?
post #7459 of 10357

The cone selvedge chinos are perhaps one of my favorite Gustin purchases. I wasn't expecting to like them so much They're killer with black shoes/boots with a cuff. While I'm not a fan of cuffing (i.e. have never cuffed), their darkness and selvedge really looks great IMHO. They do present a challenge though just like my double indigo shirt with regard to indigo transfer. You have to be really careful. These really are awesome with so much potential for evo. Hope this helps. Tough call between these their duck canvas, heavy twill, etc.:) 

 

Edit: Would post a pick, however, Gustin could do the same. You did make them...:) 

post #7460 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub6 View Post

The cone selvedge chinos are perhaps one of my favorite Gustin purchases. I wasn't expecting to like them so much They're killer with black shoes/boots with a cuff. While I'm not a fan of cuffing (i.e. have never cuffed), their darkness and selvedge really looks great IMHO. They do present a challenge though just like my double indigo shirt with regard to indigo transfer. You have to be really careful. These really are awesome with so much potential for evo. Hope this helps. Tough call between these their duck canvas, heavy twill, etc.smile.gif 
How did you size yours compared to your jeans?
post #7461 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


How did you size yours compared to your jeans?

Following my review of other's, I guess I am in the minority despite having too damn many jeans/chino purchases:) I get their jeans at 34.5 (i.e., size 34) hoping for a conclusion of 35.5". All of my chinos measure small, period. For instance, these were purchased in size 36 and just measure 36.25" (supposed to be 37"-this is again the same with all others as stated) after a wash and IDK 5 wears. Mind you, this is in their slim fit. The end result is one kick ass fit:). Hope this helps others. 

post #7462 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub6 View Post

Following my review of other's, I guess I am in the minority despite having too damn many jeans/chino purchases:) I get their jeans at 34.5 (i.e., size 34) hoping for a conclusion of 35.5". All of my chinos measure small, period. For instance, these were purchased in size 36 and just measure 36.25" (supposed to be 37"-this is again the same with all others as stated) after a wash and IDK 5 wears. Mind you, this is in their slim fit. The end result is one kick ass fit:) . Hope this helps others. 
Hmm, ok then you would recommend buying two sizes up from the denim, so if I wore their jeans in a size 33 I should buy chinos in size 35?
post #7463 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Hmm, ok then you would recommend buying two sizes up from the denim, so if I wore their jeans in a size 33 I should buy chinos in size 35?


33 slim in chinos 32 slim in denim for me.

post #7464 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post


33 slim in chinos 32 slim in denim for me.

Thanks for the additional input.
post #7465 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Hmm, ok then you would recommend buying two sizes up from the denim, so if I wore their jeans in a size 33 I should buy chinos in size 35?

Well it's hard as their waste sizing has been really inconsistent for me (always small). One 35 I just measured after MANY wears is barely 36" (which is on point within.5" margin of error) and another 35 I don't tuck as it is simply too snug/uncomfortable-snug without tucking. I think one size up at least is essential in their slim fit. IDK how guys get into the slim chino with an equivalent jean size. I'm 6' at 175lb ;Gustin makes me feel fat. :)

post #7466 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Hmm, ok then you would recommend buying two sizes up from the denim, so if I wore their jeans in a size 33 I should buy chinos in size 35?

It depends on how you size your jeans, but my general recommendation assuming you wear a 33 slim in the jeans would be as follows. If you buy the jeans and they button easily on first wear, then size either size up one (to a 34 slim) or go up a fit (33 straight). If you buy jeans and they have to stretch, I'd go up to either a 35 slim or a 34 straight. The chinos don't have the forgiving stretch of denim in my experience, and the lighter twill tends to bother me if it's skin tight.

 

On the other side of this, Gustin recommends you go with your jeans size, but I found that my 34 slim chinos fit like 33 slim denim. Also, the fabric will shrink if you wash/dry hot, so if they end up a little big you can bring them in a bit without a tailor. If they fit just right, a cold wash / hang dry results in negligible shrinkage. 

post #7467 of 10357
I have a random jeans question, i only just noticed that the belt loops are sewn into the waistband so that there are 2 loops instead of 1. I don't have many other brands to compare this to but I've only seen this on my 3sixteen's. Does this have a functional purpose?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
post #7468 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

So, I am not 100% sold that I am pulling the color off well but here you go. 
Oxblood lined trucker. 
Boom.


Good. Not just me who can't button the bottom button! What size is yours, M?
post #7469 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post

Good. Not just me who can't button the bottom button! What size is yours, M?
I chose not to. Idk why.

Edit: Mine is a medium. It is not as fitted as I expected, but still fits well.
Edited by bkotsko - 11/24/15 at 8:08pm
post #7470 of 10357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub6 View Post

Well it's hard as their waste sizing has been really inconsistent for me (always small). One 35 I just measured after MANY wears is barely 36" (which is on point within.5" margin of error) and another 35 I don't tuck as it is simply too snug/uncomfortable-snug without tucking. I think one size up at least is essential in their slim fit. IDK how guys get into the slim chino with an equivalent jean size. I'm 6' at 175lb ;Gustin makes me feel fat. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by exophobe View Post

It depends on how you size your jeans, but my general recommendation assuming you wear a 33 slim in the jeans would be as follows. If you buy the jeans and they button easily on first wear, then size either size up one (to a 34 slim) or go up a fit (33 straight). If you buy jeans and they have to stretch, I'd go up to either a 35 slim or a 34 straight. The chinos don't have the forgiving stretch of denim in my experience, and the lighter twill tends to bother me if it's skin tight.

On the other side of this, Gustin recommends you go with your jeans size, but I found that my 34 slim chinos fit like 33 slim denim. Also, the fabric will shrink if you wash/dry hot, so if they end up a little big you can bring them in a bit without a tailor. If they fit just right, a cold wash / hang dry results in negligible shrinkage. 

Thanks, I actually wear 33 straight in my #166 Italy IxIs and 32 straight in my #37 Japan lightweights. It sounds like I should at least go up to a 34 straight.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread