or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 478

post #7156 of 10351
New Heavyweight vs old (3 years, 2 coats boot oil, not a Gustin but similar leather)
EDB1DD9D-46A0-4C8B-95B0-8216CE052355_zpsyk7koz0t.jpg
post #7157 of 10351
Some of the sizing questions/comments recently have me thinking again about how I'd also love for G consider a cut with a slightly fuller fitting top block and tapered fit below the knee:deadhorse:
 
Basically add a half inch to the rise and thigh of the straight fit top and lose ~1" on the cuff (size 32-33)
post #7158 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

 

Yep.  I would likely only buy Gustin is they had this "tapered" fit. 

 

Give us 0.5" more in the thighs/seat, 1" in rise, and a 7.5" leg opening.  Based size 33.

 

 

 

Or just make some denim in your Chino Slim cut...  With some construction changes of course.  Or not.  I'd love a nice selvage denim in the chino slim with welt pockets.  Why not.

post #7159 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

 

Yep.  I would likely only buy Gustin is they had this "tapered" fit. 

 

Give us 0.5" more in the thighs/seat, 1" in rise, and a 7.5" leg opening.  Based size 33.

 

 

 

Or just make some denim in your Chino Slim cut...  With some construction changes of course.  Or not.  I'd love a nice selvage denim in the chino slim with welt pockets.  Why not.

I too would buy exclusively G. Unfortunately, the cuff opening on the slim chino is a bit too small for my cankles so I'd need a new design. I'm completely on board with your measurements for a 33 with the exception of the cuff - which I would rather have at ~8". I could do 7.75" depending on how far down the taper started. (not that I expect G to make anything with my specific form in mind)

 

I'm envisioning something along the lines of the "+" cuts from 3sixteen or the greaser cut from left field

post #7160 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 
Some of the sizing questions/comments recently have me thinking again about how I'd also love for G consider a cut with a slightly fuller fitting top block and tapered fit below the knee:deadhorse:
 
Basically add a half inch to the rise and thigh of the straight fit top and lose ~1" on the cuff (size 32-33)

 

Tried on my pair of 1968 and would a agree with your suggestion....

post #7161 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
consider a cut with a slightly fuller fitting top block

 

Yep, this so much. I can't quite fathom how they came up with the fit of the top block on their jeans.

 

Not only are they overtly tight in the front for me, but worse is that the pockets are so tight it's a real hassle and pain in the ass to use them. And sizing up makes no difference, except for the pants not fitting elsewhere. Other jeans with similar waist measurements - no issues.

 

 

All the more surprising is that I really like Gustins chinos - they fit me well and no issues with the pockets or an over-tight front there.

post #7162 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muey View Post
 

 

Yep, this so much. I can't quite fathom how they came up with the fit of the top block on their jeans.

 

Not only are they overtly tight in the front for me, but worse is that the pockets are so tight it's a real hassle and pain in the ass to use them. And sizing up makes no difference, except for the pants not fitting elsewhere. Other jeans with similar waist measurements - no issues.

 

 

All the more surprising is that I really like Gustins chinos - they fit me well and no issues with the pockets or an over-tight front there.

Out of curiosity, do you size up for the chinos from the denim size? I have a similar issue with the top block of the denim, though not so bad that they're unwearable by any means. This makes me think the chino fit will be very nice for me, but I've been nervous to try them as I was on the fence about keeping my denim size or sizing up. FWIW, I take my denim in 31 slim and the waist is snug but not super tight off the rack.

post #7163 of 10351
I bought the straight fit and had it tapered knee down. It came out good. I guess I could use it a little roomier in the top block.
post #7164 of 10351

From the published measurements, the slim fit looks like it should be an ideal fit for denim for me.  I'll find out when I receive my first Gustins.

post #7165 of 10351
That's what I picked slim fit after measuring my jcrew pants & now the waiting game begin biggrin.gif and if things work out will pick up few more.
post #7166 of 10351
I wear a 33 slim in the Gustin chino. Also a 33 in EP Rivets and Walts. I find the old rivet and gustin slim chino are pretty similar.

I couldn't survive in Gustin 33 slim denim fit.
post #7167 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggly View Post
 

Out of curiosity, do you size up for the chinos from the denim size? I have a similar issue with the top block of the denim, though not so bad that they're unwearable by any means. This makes me think the chino fit will be very nice for me, but I've been nervous to try them as I was on the fence about keeping my denim size or sizing up. FWIW, I take my denim in 31 slim and the waist is snug but not super tight off the rack.


I initially sized down for the chinos, and while they are wearable for me (a bit tight in the calves though) and still better than the denim, going with my regular size turned out to be the best choice. Ideally I could use a very slightly tighter fit in the thighs when going with my normal size, but that's more me and my bodytype than the fit itself. of course, YMMV. I take size 31 in jeans (regular cut), and *can* pull a size 30 on me, though those are ball-crushing tight and not any fun to use.

post #7168 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muey View Post
 


I initially sized down for the chinos, and while they are wearable for me (a bit tight in the calves though) and still better than the denim, going with my regular size turned out to be the best choice. Ideally I could use a very slightly tighter fit in the thighs when going with my normal size, but that's more me and my bodytype than the fit itself. of course, YMMV. I take size 31 in jeans (regular cut), and *can* pull a size 30 on me, though those are ball-crushing tight and not any fun to use.

Thanks - that's actually really helpful. Makes me pretty confident that denim size = chino size will work for me.

post #7169 of 10351
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggly View Post
 

Thanks - that's actually really helpful. Makes me pretty confident that denim size = chino size will work for me.

Overall, I think G did a good job aligning the cuts so this is typically the case. I have to size up for the chinos but I'm really an in-between size in the jeans and simply elect the smaller size b/c most of what I order is <16oz and will stretch enough to work.  

post #7170 of 10351

Good to see that Henley shirts will be coming soon; via Gustin's IG. @joshgustin please make some with that triblend material you having for the long sleeve shirts. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread