or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 477

post #7141 of 10340
Holy moly gustin guide is right on money I take size 34 waist on all my pants did the measure it's coming out to be 36 inch. Will be placing an order for 35 waist thank you MEdoc
post #7142 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Holy moly gustin guide is right on money I take size 34 waist on all my pants did the measure it's coming out to be 36 inch. Will be placing an order for 35 waist thank you MEdoc

If you just recently ordered, you should be able to edit the size even after the campaign fully funds (before they go into production). You probably already knew that but I just figured I'd mention it in case.

post #7143 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggly View Post

If you just recently ordered, you should be able to edit the size even after the campaign fully funds (before they go into production). You probably already knew that but I just figured I'd mention it in case.
Hey yea thank you I just did that, & called brook brother & asked for the measurements. Pant size tagged 34 waist Milano fit aka slim fit. When you measure, it's 36 inch waist, the sale rep goes like your waist has to be 34 inch to fit in it the extra stuff is material for the wool pants. And your waist is 34 lol totally dose not want to say vanity sizing lol
post #7144 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertson View Post

What happens if a buy doesn't hit 100% in the time allotted - is it automatically cancelled? I'm tempted to fund/buy another pair that looks more likely to hit 100%, but I only wanted one pair right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigDug View Post

It depends (on Gustin) and if they want to push it through.
There's all kinds of theories as to if,when,why,why not,etc....
Do they already have the denim? Have they run it before and will they run it again? Are they just being nice and going ahead with a 80% funded offer? Is it something they like? Is there a better mark up on a specific denim? Etc...

I've been waffling for the last week, and finally backed the #259 American Fourteener today as a low-cost option to see whether a 33 slim works better for me than desperately stretching a 32 straight (which worked for 10oz summerweights but sure didn't for a 16.5oz American Sixteener).

First it was 96.0% funded, then I backed it and it was STILL 96.0% funded (with the decimal each time), and now it's 95% funded.

So confused. plain.gif
post #7145 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


I've been waffling for the last week, and finally backed the #259 American Fourteener today as a low-cost option to see whether a 33 slim works better for me than desperately stretching a 32 straight (which worked for 10oz summerweights but sure didn't for a 16.5oz American Sixteener).

First it was 96.0% funded, then I backed it and it was STILL 96.0% funded (with the decimal each time), and now it's 95% funded.

So confused. plain.gif

You can cancel your backing before the campaign ends. You must have backed it and someone cancelled, and then another person cancelled. I wouldn't worry, those will get fully backed.
post #7146 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post



I've been waffling for the last week, and finally backed the #259 American Fourteener today as a low-cost option to see whether a 33 slim works better for me than desperately stretching a 32 straight (which worked for 10oz summerweights but sure didn't for a 16.5oz American Sixteener).
 

 

I'm in the same boat. I want to order all the chinos offered right now, but need to make sure I have the right fit first lol.

post #7147 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertson View Post

I'm in the same boat. I want to order all the chinos offered right now, but need to make sure I have the right fit first lol.
How are you going about this? Following the instructions that they tell you based on that or some thing else?
post #7148 of 10340

FWIW, I found the measurement guide to be pretty accurate in figuring out my sizes.  I take Gustin denim in slim 31 or 32, take denim in J.Crew/Wallace&Barnes in size 30, Levi's size 31, 3sixteen in size 31, and Rogue Territory in size 29 or 30; just shows you it can be all over the map.  Chinos I take in slim 31, which fit similar for me as Epaulet Rivets/Driggs, and for comparison I take J.Crew Bowery pants in size 30. So my advice, if you have a good fitting pair of pants, then take some measurements of it and compare to the sizes on the fit guide - that'll be your best bet.

 

The Grab Bags are usually the cheapest option to check sizing or buy a used pair of denim or chinos from eBay or Grailed; and re-sell if they don't work out (less money lost that way)

 

Once you land on your denim sizing and chino sizing... then good luck!  I just dropped off 6 pairs of chinos (plus more at home) to get hemmed yesterday, and now have 3 Gustin denim.


Edited by JR Magat - 10/27/15 at 1:54pm
post #7149 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertson View Post
 

 

I'm in the same boat. I want to order all the chinos offered right now, but need to make sure I have the right fit first lol.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


How are you going about this? Following the instructions that they tell you based on that or some thing else?

For those of you trying to figure out sizing, I'd suggest keeping your eyes on the stock store and see if something pops up in your best-guess size, or in a grab bag (not sure when the last chino grab bag was, if ever). As many have reported, access to the stock store is intermittent, but keep checking back over the course of a few weeks and you might get lucky. Stock stuff ships right away so you can figure out a size on the earlier side, which gives you more time to fund campaigns through the fall/winter instead of waiting for several months for production on something. Stock store stuff is generally non-returnable unless the measurements are wildly off, but you might be able to unload things without too much of a price hit on B&S if you end up missing on size.

 

All that said, In my experience, I've found the fit guide to be helpful and accurate for denim--I haven't yet pulled the trigger on chinos (will do this soon...waiting for some interesting heavyweight options this F/W).

post #7150 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

 

The Grab Bags are usually the cheapest option to check sizing or buy a used pair of denim or chinos from eBay or Grailed; and re-sell if they don't work out (less money lost that way)

 

I guess JR beat me to it. Well said.

post #7151 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggly View Post
 

I guess JR beat me to it. Well said.


great minds think alike :fistbump:

post #7152 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


great minds think alike fistbump.gif
So your jcrew Bowery pants size work very well for chino & jeans I take it. I think I am going to measure my jcrew Bowery slim pants & then apply the gustin instruction & go from there.
post #7153 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


How are you going about this? Following the instructions that they tell you based on that or some thing else?


I also want to see if I like the rise of the straight, size around thighs, etc. before ordering more pairs.

post #7154 of 10340
Anyone have some pics of the Classic Belt that is being ran right now? Natural color.

Please post. Thanks.
post #7155 of 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Anyone have some pics of the Classic Belt that is being ran right now? Natural color.

Here's my Heavy weight with about a year of use.

655B7EDA-E571-4F9F-8B77-06B648F79D2C_zpsuoxqk4os.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread