"Nicer and more adventurous," please elaborate.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:24 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 469post #7021 of 1034510/15/15 at 6:10pmpost #7022 of 1034510/16/15 at 8:53ampost #7023 of 1034510/16/15 at 11:02ampost #7024 of 1034510/16/15 at 11:31amQuote:
agreed. i've avoided backing G's shirt offerings because I can't stand the button down collar/scoops look, especially on flannel.post #7025 of 1034510/16/15 at 12:06pmpost #7026 of 1034510/16/15 at 6:34pm
Just got an email today that they had to cancel my ISC Chino order. Apparently they had production quality issues and will not be able to deliver my pair that I ordered.
I was offered a $50 discount on something over $100 from their stock shop (or 50% off something under $100) as a form of compensation. I did receive a full refund on my first order but I was really looking forward to receiving those Chino's.
Has anyone else had their order canceled? I am pretty disappointed but the response from Gustin has been pretty solid.post #7027 of 1034510/17/15 at 6:39ampost #7028 of 1034510/17/15 at 8:20amQuote:Originally Posted by mountainman3520
I received my first Gustin button shirt today and I'd like advice from the community on fit.
In dress shirts I typically wear 16 collar, 34 sleeve, slim. In casual shirts I usually can't fit in a medium due to my chest being too big so I am forced to a large slim to fit my chest but need a slim cut through the torso or it will be sloppy since I am fairly thin. Often the larges have 17" collars which is a bit big and 35-36 sleeves which are a bit long. But such is life in off the rack shirts and its better to have the sleeves a bit long than the chest a bit small.
Mapping this situation back to Gustin, I just tried on the new shirt which is a classic cut medium.
Feels like the collar is a 15.5", exactly matching the fit guide. This is a bit tight and I couldn't do it in a dress shirt (buttoned with a tie) but this shirt is casual so I won't be buttoning the top and can live with it if it does not shrink.
Sleeves: perfect length. Fit guide says 34.5". I've not yet measured but from the feel they are right on-spec. I could tolerate up to 0.5" of shrinkage and they would still be okay.
Shoulders: perfect, not yet measured but they feel right to spec,
Waist: perfect, nice and slim, wouldn't want slimmer
Chest: this is usually my tricky area and once again its tricky. The chest feels tight. With my shoulders back I get a bit of pucker around the breast area and feel a bit of stretch in the armpit area. Its tolerable, but marginal at best. This is new without having washed.
A few specific questions:
(1) Anyone have a comment on how the chest and arm hole area should ideally fit on these shirts? And how to tell if the fit is right? I don't have any other shirts with this high armhole style so I'm not used to the feel and am looking for guidance on how it is supposed to feel and what visible signs would confirm it fits or is too tight.
(2) How much do these shirts shrink over time? I always wash on cold and hang dry. But if there is likely to be any shrinkage across the chest or neck this will definitely become too small. I could tolerate 0.5" shrinkage in arms, torso length, or through waist.
(3) If it sounds like the chest is too tight, any advice on what size I should try next? It looks like the Gustin slim large has the same size chest as the classic medium so maybe it would not help with the chest and would just cause the arms to be too long. The classic large would loosen the chest and neck maybe to ideal but cause the arms and waist to be a bit large. Perhaps the classic large is my only option and if it doesn't fit then I just can't wear Gustin shirts.
Took a few photos and posted below. I circled a few areas where I can see that the fabric is tight and stretching slightly to accommodate my chest. See the lines radiating out from the buttons and armpits.
After looking at these photos for awhile I think I answered my own question, ie that this shirt is too small in the chest, even pre-wash. And I need to try one chest size up in Gustin to see if I can make it work, which might be impossible due to increase in other dimensions that will then be too large.
Comments and advice appreciated.post #7029 of 1034510/17/15 at 10:38ampost #7030 of 1034510/17/15 at 2:13pmpost #7031 of 1034510/17/15 at 4:05pmpost #7032 of 1034510/17/15 at 5:15pmpost #7033 of 1034510/17/15 at 5:35pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by NorthCoast
How about some more heavyweight tee's? I've been wearing my indigo heavyweight on a cool fall day and I'd love to have some more for fall/winter/early spring.
We'll get more heavy tees out there. Fabric is a bit harder to source but we'll get it.post #7034 of 1034510/17/15 at 6:48pmpost #7035 of 1034510/17/15 at 6:57pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway