Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 1:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 17
Styleforum Top Pickspost #242 of 644011/15/13 at 9:02pmpost #243 of 644011/16/13 at 8:31am
I recently received my Japan Blue OCBD (from the 2nd campaign in August), and I think its quality is excellent. I love the feel of the fabric; it is much more substantial than my other shirts, and it feels like it should last forever. Stitching and other details are perfect.
My best fitting shirts are Banana Republic tailored slim fit, Brooks Brothers extra slim fit, and J Crew slim fit. Gustin's shirt is closest to J Crew; when I lay one on top of the other, the cuts are nearly identical.
My only complaint about Gustin's shirt is the small neck size. It is 1/4" smaller than J Crew, and 1/2" smaller than BR and BB (all of these shirts are size Medium). That is just small enough to cause some pulling around my upper chest. So I don't think I'll be ordering more shirts unless the cut changes.
Edited by BernieIsMyCat - 11/16/13 at 5:23pmpost #244 of 644011/16/13 at 2:35pmpost #245 of 644011/16/13 at 4:57pmpost #246 of 644011/16/13 at 7:11pmpost #247 of 644011/17/13 at 3:13ampost #248 of 644011/17/13 at 5:32ampost #249 of 644011/17/13 at 6:21amQuote:
You can definitely see the difference between his straight cut and my slim cuts.
On mine, there is a lot less fabric below the knee because of the taper.post #250 of 644011/17/13 at 10:24amThread StarterQuote:
We only top quality product going out so if you'd like us to check your shirt out we're happy to do it. Just send me a PM and we can arrange it.
Thanks.post #251 of 644011/17/13 at 11:13ampost #252 of 644011/17/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Surprised to hear this; I would've thought Gustin's shirts were wider/larger. J.Crew's slim fit is the only cut I've been able to find that fits me OTR, so maybe I'll have to give Gustin a shot if it's that similar...post #253 of 644011/17/13 at 11:36amThread StarterQuote:
Not sure exactly what you're disagreeing with? Our goal is to put out great product. If you see something you don't like we want to know about it and will make it right. Shoot me PM and I'm happy to check your shirt out.
Thanks.post #254 of 644011/17/13 at 12:13pmQuote:
I think he was referring to my previous post.
But I have an email in to you guys and just figured you'd get back to me Monday.post #255 of 644011/17/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
I believe that's your goal but the bottom line is i m not gonna go thru the hassle of sending a shirt back 7000 miles from the UK because a button is off centre so emailing you regarding it is kinda pointless. I only posted about it on here as someone else asked if anyone else had experienced the issue.
In my experience the quality of construction on the shirt was poor and I wouldn't buy another one given the additional costs of shipping and tax. If I lived in the US I might think differently
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 39 seconds ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 23 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 30 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...