Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAccessoriestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryBeltstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryDenimtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryJeanstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- categoryShirtstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- KMW 1980's, J.Crew shirt, Dry Bones and Sugar Cane belts Last post on 3/4/11 at 12:08am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 6:02 am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 17post #242 of 972211/15/13 at 9:02pmpost #243 of 972211/16/13 at 8:31am
I recently received my Japan Blue OCBD (from the 2nd campaign in August), and I think its quality is excellent. I love the feel of the fabric; it is much more substantial than my other shirts, and it feels like it should last forever. Stitching and other details are perfect.
My best fitting shirts are Banana Republic tailored slim fit, Brooks Brothers extra slim fit, and J Crew slim fit. Gustin's shirt is closest to J Crew; when I lay one on top of the other, the cuts are nearly identical.
My only complaint about Gustin's shirt is the small neck size. It is 1/4" smaller than J Crew, and 1/2" smaller than BR and BB (all of these shirts are size Medium). That is just small enough to cause some pulling around my upper chest. So I don't think I'll be ordering more shirts unless the cut changes.
Edited by BernieIsMyCat - 11/16/13 at 5:23pmpost #244 of 972211/16/13 at 2:35pmpost #245 of 972211/16/13 at 4:57pmpost #246 of 972211/16/13 at 7:11pmpost #247 of 972211/17/13 at 3:13ampost #248 of 972211/17/13 at 5:32ampost #249 of 972211/17/13 at 6:21amQuote:
You can definitely see the difference between his straight cut and my slim cuts.
On mine, there is a lot less fabric below the knee because of the taper.post #250 of 972211/17/13 at 10:24amThread StarterQuote:
We only top quality product going out so if you'd like us to check your shirt out we're happy to do it. Just send me a PM and we can arrange it.
Thanks.post #251 of 972211/17/13 at 11:13ampost #252 of 972211/17/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Surprised to hear this; I would've thought Gustin's shirts were wider/larger. J.Crew's slim fit is the only cut I've been able to find that fits me OTR, so maybe I'll have to give Gustin a shot if it's that similar...post #253 of 972211/17/13 at 11:36amThread StarterQuote:
Not sure exactly what you're disagreeing with? Our goal is to put out great product. If you see something you don't like we want to know about it and will make it right. Shoot me PM and I'm happy to check your shirt out.
Thanks.post #254 of 972211/17/13 at 12:13pmQuote:
I think he was referring to my previous post.
But I have an email in to you guys and just figured you'd get back to me Monday.post #255 of 972211/17/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
I believe that's your goal but the bottom line is i m not gonna go thru the hassle of sending a shirt back 7000 miles from the UK because a button is off centre so emailing you regarding it is kinda pointless. I only posted about it on here as someone else asked if anyone else had experienced the issue.
In my experience the quality of construction on the shirt was poor and I wouldn't buy another one given the additional costs of shipping and tax. If I lived in the US I might think differently
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 55 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ADIDAS Thread 1 minute ago
- › Should I Wear This?: Post It Before You Roast It 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Longwing 101375 - Cherry Shell Cordovan 8.5UK 9.5EE US 10 minutes ago
- › Paul Smith Derby Shoes (Camo Sole) 11 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 14 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding